Sign in to follow this  
Mal

Sights and People on the Great Ocean Road - Victoria

I'll be in Melbourne on Anzac day and then picking up a campervan and driving around the Great Ocean Road for a week or so.

Any teachers, cool people or sights a 'bum should try to see?

• Like 3

i just googled images of 'The great ocean road'. One word.... WOW! Its really breathtaking, Mal. Sending the best wishes for a lovely lovely week, and come back to share? :)

Australia, the land i love. Might be retiring there, in a few years. We shall see.

• Like 2

Great place!

It reminded me of Cape Breton Nova Scotia in Canada, A well hidden gem in North America. I could still have a WHOLE beach to myself in the summer.

• Like 1

It should be fun, although living in North Queensland I only own 1 jumper that I don't have to wear much.

• Like 1

Great place!

It reminded me of Cape Breton Nova Scotia in Canada, A well hidden gem in North America. I could still have a WHOLE beach to myself in the summer.

Ssssshhhhhh;)

It should be fun, although living in North Queensland I only own 1 jumper that I don't have to wear much.

I'll trade you my potato sacks.

• Like 1

I've borrowed a mates jacket that he wears when packing freezers, hopefully that will help :-)

• Like 1

That's my neck of the woods. In summer i'm down there most weekends snorkling and spearing fish! Been a bit windy for this weekend though, the water won't be clear. Torquay, Anglesea and Lorne are nice. Apollo Bay is good too. The 12 apostles are famous though theres hardly any left and i don't think they're that cool to look at. If you keep going on further the blow hole is pretty good to see though i haven't been there since i was little.

Cheers zoose We do want to check out the (9 remaining?) apostles and the blow hole.

Is there a "hippy town" ? I'd like to meet a few of the stranger/artistic people :-) and if possible learn something along the lines of meditation/spiritual practices

Holidays :-)

Only 26 hrs till I fly south for the winter.

As I'm packing, all the clothing I own fits into a suitcase. Phone for entertainment/communication a few harps and perhaps a book ...what more "stuff"do we really need?

• Like 1

The Great Ocean Road, 12 Apostles

945447_10200471302217206_209099904_n.jpg

Photo by me :)

A truly enjoyable holiday

( edit to add: I didn't even use all the stuff in my suitcase. Having returned home I'm really wondering what I'm doing living in a 5 bedroom 2 story house that's cluttered and pilled full of 20+ years worth of items)

Edited by Mal Stainkey
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this