manitou

enlightenment in N. Korea?

I just did a quick Wikipedia look at religion in N. Korea, and the article I found indicated the following numbers:

Buddhism - over 1,000,000

Confucianism

Korean shamanism - almost 4 million (16% of population!)

Christianity - 1/2 million

Catholics - 4,000

Juche (cult of personality, combined with self-reliance as a nation) - approx. 50%

I know next to nothing about North Korea, but I find myself thinking about the people often. Here in the West, every time they show one of their propaganda film footages from N.Korea, it's always soldiers, men and women, goose-stepping in their military lines. I'm afraid that what this has done has caused many to believe that folks around N. Korea go around goose-stepping all the time and are totally aligned behind the leader, Kim Jung Un.

I'm guessing that nothing could be further from the truth. I am hoping that because N. Korea has been such an isolated society (one could almost use the word 'pure' in a strange sense here) that there is an enlightened segment of the population that operate under the radar. Korean shamanism at 16%? Does anyone know anything about Korean Shamanism that would make it different in any way from the shamanism that many of us have taken to our hearts within this forum? That there are those there too who understand wu-wei and are just waiting for the right alignment of factors before their ultimate freedom, which will have to come at some point in time?

Or has the fact that the N. Koreans have been so isolated and dependent upon their government to tell them what to think, that they've forgotten how?

Personally, I'm hoping that when that country does finally crack open, that we will be pleasantly surprised with an entire underbelly of beautiful enlightenment.

Any chance?

• Like 3

In Korean shamanism - shamans are usually women and yes it is still very popular over there (at least in South Korea that is ), but not necessary cool if you know what I mean .

See if I can find a super good documentray someone posted on here a while ago where right at the end there is a healing session with a Korean shaman and session is ALIVE .

Found it .

If you want to see her only (it is really good watch) go to 01:00:10

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 1

in the movie Taoist Wizard the main character jeon woo chi was from pyongyang :D

jeon woo chi moved effortlessly thru dimensions of time and space without use of trance/shamanism

suninmyeyes - that was fabulous. Incredible. she was beautiful. You could sense that there was an 'event' going on in a different reality that she was acting out on the body of the man on the floor. I was particularly struck by the part where she appeared to physically be giving 'birth' and screaming, when her legs were wide spread.

Great hope indeed, if there are plenty like her in N. Korea. (I didn't watch the rest yet - I'll catch it later).

I am sure there are masters there but there are little reports of protests and even exiles of these masters. If you are enlightened, don't you feel a sense that you should help the nation to improve its living condition? Perhaps, to help to tone down the war talks?

suninmyeyes - that was fabulous. Incredible. she was beautiful. You could sense that there was an 'event' going on in a different reality that she was acting out on the body of the man on the floor. I was particularly struck by the part where she appeared to physically be giving 'birth' and screaming, when her legs were wide spread.

Great hope indeed, if there are plenty like her in N. Korea. (I didn't watch the rest yet - I'll catch it later).

:)

yes i watched her several times , there was definetly an 'event' going on , it was so alive .

Dont know if she was from North Korea or South .

For her spreading the legs -- there were serious objections from some shamans about it , almost an outrage ..

Edited by suninmyeyes

She said the same later in the interview - that every time she does it she 'takes a chance'; you get the sense that she was speaking in a 'political' sense. What an astounding woman she is.

I am sure there are masters there but there are little reports of protests and even exiles of these masters. If you are enlightened, don't you feel a sense that you should help the nation to improve its living condition? Perhaps, to help to tone down the war talks?

My guess is that it would be some sort of suicide to be an activist or a protester. I would think that anything that is happening is happening under the wire. I'm really interested to know what will happen when that egg finally cracks.

A little off topic but not really; I'm of the opinion that the One that we're all a part of is returning to the One in physical form in some sense; an example would be the concept of the biblical tower of Babel thing, where men were turned away from one another and different languages were born. Now, with the internet and the auto-translations that we have, it's as though the tower of Babel phenomena has just about gone full cycle and is returning to the One.

If this were the case, then it's only a matter of time that the Oneness is achieved in the physical world of humans as well. Countries like N. Korea which are closed at the present time can't stay closed much longer, I wouldn't think. People surely find ways of getting electronic devices in if they are freethinking. Sooner or later the demand for human rights will reach critical mass and things may gel quickly once that occurs.

• Like 1

I think there is deep goverment involvement in all religions there but it's almost impossible for us to know what really goes on in there. Some tourist videos show that atleast some ancient temples are well preserved, even if empty of visitors.

Suninmyeyes! I just figured it out.

She went into the ethers to recoved his lost soul. Her motions in her mind were very real. Pretending, like a child. Her rubbing her chest against him, her body against his, perhaps coaxed his darkness out. When she gave birth, she birthed him a new soul. At the time, she was seated opposite him but between his legs, and this new soul would have been confronted with his first chakra where she willed it to enter.

The astounding thing is how similar shamanism is all over the world, despite the separation of oceans.

Edited by manitou

In Korean shamanism - shamans are usually women .

Fantastic video,...much appreciation for that. The Korean woman at the end was so refreshing to listen to,...and in a space with so many other shamans, extraordinary. Warning....keep some tissues handy.

Okay, i can't stand it. what are the tissues for?

There were so many beautiful occurrances throughout, and especially during the Korean woman scenes,....beautifully hearted people unselfishly giving to others, often moves me to tears.

• Like 1

I know next to nothing about North Korea, but I find myself thinking about the people often. Here in the West, every time they show one of their propaganda film footages from N.Korea, it's always soldiers, men and women, goose-stepping in their military lines. I'm afraid that what this has done has caused many to believe that folks around N. Korea go around goose-stepping all the time and are totally aligned behind the leader, Kim Jung Un.

Or has the fact that the N. Koreans have been so isolated and dependent upon their government to tell them what to think, that they've forgotten how?

5p0ec9.jpg

It's hard to know where the actual truth about NK really lies. I would suspect it's not as bad as Western propaganda demonizes it, but the question is how "bad" then actually is it? Which is hard to determine without actually at least visiting there..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wevs5p35mE0

Edited by vortex

Thank you, Vortex - those were wonderful. The walking around with the Tenders was reminiscent of my trip to China many years ago. It seemed like they took you to the same types of places - large, vast places where festivals were going on, huge lobbies of hotels made out of marble but with few people in them.

I was continually surprised by the 'facade' aspect of China - maybe N. Korea shares the same mindset? - we would walk through some huge beautiful door, sometimes round - expecting to see a glorious restaurant behind the door, and being met with a shack with dirt floor instead.

But how beautiful the people were in your video. Wouldn't it be nice to see your whole town show up for a tug of war?

There were so many beautiful occurrances throughout, and especially during the Korean woman scenes,....beautifully hearted people unselfishly giving to others, often moves me to tears.

What a wuz, lol.

What a wuz, lol.

You must have meant wuss (Wimp & pUSS),...and compared to most, probably,...emotionally speaking. During inspirational films I really radiate emotions.

• Like 3

You must have meant wuss (Wimp & pUSS),...and compared to most, probably,...emotionally speaking. During inspirational films I really radiate emotions.

its cool, really cool. to see something beautiful and shed a tear or get choked up a bit. good sign , i think

its cool, really cool. to see something beautiful and shed a tear or get choked up a bit. good sign , i think

The film had many, beautiful, emotional moments....also lots of talking points,...for example:

The shaman says, "because we attach so much significance to nakedness, our bodies seem more important to us than our minds. To reverse this condition, we should abandon our feelings of shame and inferiority. Spiritual healing can only take place when the body is subordinate to the mind."

• Like 1