3bob

Buddhists forum vs Vedanta forum

Boy,

For an idiotic comparison test consider visiting the Buddhist forum and proclaiming to all the people there that they are really "Hindus" even if they don't know it since all of their "Buddhist" originated traditions are really based on a false premise as spelled out by the historic, unquestionable truths written by "so and so'"... thus even if they don't get it yet you are there to enlighten them about same. After that we can talk about beach front properties and the meaning of mean if you like?

Edited by 3bob

Boy,

For an idiotic comparison test consider visiting the Buddhist forum and proclaiming to all the people there that they are really "Hindus" even if they don't know it since all of their "Buddhist" originated traditions are really based on a false premise as spelled out by the historic, unquestionable truths written by a "this and that" "so and so'"... thus even if they don't get it yet you are there to enlighten them about same. After that we can talk about beach front properties and the meaning of mean if you like?

attachicon.gifcharging-bulllogo22.png

"Hinduism" is really just a neocolonial construct...

• Like 2

We should really bring both Hinduism and Buddhism under one sub-forum with the heading of "Dharma Discussion," or something. :)

I don't get it. What's with your obsession with "unification"?

I get alwayson -- he is a confused individual of Indian origin, prbly born and raised in the west; who's been fed a bunch of baloney in course of his education. He cant help raving and ranting as he deals with cognitive dissonance.

You on the other hand seem to willingly want to troll here...

Why don't you spend some more time practicing and really learning? your life force will be better served if you do that instead of seeking the rush of trying to get into confrontations here

he is a confused individual of Indian origin

Says the man who follows the orientalist version of Hinduism. Atleast I was raised in real Hinduism.

Keep citing Babaji's kriya yoga, a New Age tradition unknown by any Hindu I know.

I think things could really be harmonious, if we were to bring them under a 'Dharma' sub-forum. :D

Even I think you are pushing it.

• Like 1

You should be all about this! Isn't it all 'Dharma?' You've always said that these traditions shared many things in common...We should acknowledge this by bringing them under one sub-forum.

Weren't you the one that always said that they were talking of the same truth?

Indeed. That doesn't mean we have to conflate everything into one hodge-podge

Says the man who follows the orientalist version of Hinduism. Atleast I was raised in real Hinduism.

Keep citing Babaji's kriya yoga, a New Age tradition unknown by any Hindu I know.

Babaji's Kriya yoga is known to those who have the adhikara. I don't refer to the self realization foundation stuff but the real deal as taught by lahiri mahasaya's progeny.

You are in pain my young friend ... It's a pain you can't understand thereby leading to your uncontrollable intellectual thrashing. I encountered some similar beings a few years back right here on ttb. Some have learnt to understand beyond the words since...

You're sharp... You might get it if you manage to empty your cup

You do realize that this contradicts everything you've ever said about these traditions right?

You don't quite understand what I have said...

You are in pain my young friend ... It's a pain you can't understand thereby leading to your uncontrollable intellectual thrashing.

I literally LOL'd at that one.

• Like 1

I literally LOL'd at that one.

See...there's still hope for you :)

No, I got what you were getting at.

Just that you were always trying to conflate the differences by claiming that it "all lead back to the One." You've done that a bunch of times with divergent principles such as anatta being the same as "neti, neti."

That shows that you didn't get it.

I view generic Hinduism as a subset of Buddhism. Since its a subset, you can view it as either same or different.

The Indian deity Hevajra holding all sorts of Indian deities in his various hands is a good visual summarization.