Hi Lin,

It would be great to hear a talk about this topic: http://thetaobums.com/topic/28549-buddhist-taoist-cultivation/

Greetings!

This link will bring you to the previously aired programs of Expedient Means.

If you scroll down, you will find the show called "Buddhism/Daoism"

It is a discussion on how they are not so different...lol

Expedient Means

• Like 1

Damn the new podcast is excellent! Some good notes can be made of it.

One note from this lecture is:

"Karma is the innevitable outcome of things you cause. Merit is the outcome from the things you apply yourself in."

Lin, you didn't really explain the definition of virtue or I may have missed it.

Damn the new podcast is excellent! Some good notes can be made of it.

One note from this lecture is:

"Karma is the innevitable outcome of things you cause. Merit is the outcome from the things you apply yourself in."

Lin, you didn't really explain the definition of virtue or I may have missed it.

Missed it, it was intertwined with merit. hahahaha

Virtue is the substance that strengthens when merit is accrued.

Jing Qi Shen = Merit VIrtue Practice

Jing= Practice.

Qi=Merit

Shen= Virtue

:-)

• Like 1

Lol my mike was so damn loud. I am using a laptop although. I thought it'll be edited up a little and the sound lower but whatevs.

Perhaps some things are a bit more complicated...? Eh, you didn't talk much anyway.. lol But when you did, it was like BOOOOM! Here's Malik. lol

Kidding.. I haven't heard it yet. :D:P

• Like 1

Perhaps some things are a bit more complicated...? Eh, you didn't talk much anyway.. lol But when you did, it was like BOOOOM! Here's Malik. lol

Kidding.. I haven't heard it yet. :D:P

Haha it reminds me of Tai Chi class when the students are talking about tai chi and I'm like wtf? I never heard all this stuff before. I learned it's best to listen then to burst out stuff that isn't relevant.

• Like 1

I'm gonna have to listen to all these shows when I get the chance. Seems like I'm missing out on some awesome stuff.

• Like 2

Haha it reminds me of Tai Chi class when the students are talking about tai chi and I'm like wtf? I never heard all this stuff before. I learned it's best to listen then to burst out stuff that isn't relevant.

haha its likened to the teacher saying, "This is Cloud Hands" and you respond, "WTF! What, did I just get taller or something? I can touch the clouds now?"

• Like 1

Did you get a chance to redo this one. I remember you said it sucked and you could have added more to it.

hahaha not that it sucked, I just could have did more with it, but time limitations... bla bla bla

Didn't redo. Just left it the way it was. lol Part two will be next week. Fun times.

Thanks for the link... I've been looking for something like this for awhile!

Glad you find it useful. :-)

Thank you for all the videos! I have been enjoying them quite a bit. Allot of good information and interesting perspectives.

Are you going to do another session on Expedient Means Practices? I felt like you could have gone into a little bit more detail on them. Since some people resonate more with one practice over another and such. Maybe one on Mindfullness?

I look forward to whatever you do! Peace.

Thank you for all the videos! I have been enjoying them quite a bit. Allot of good information and interesting perspectives.

Are you going to do another session on Expedient Means Practices? I felt like you could have gone into a little bit more detail on them. Since some people resonate more with one practice over another and such. Maybe one on Mindfullness?

I look forward to whatever you do! Peace.

Thank you for your interest. I'm humbled that you find the shows beneficial.

Some shows I make up the topics, and some are based on suggestions of people who would like to hear a different perspective.