Sign in to follow this  
voidisyinyang

Equinox Love Energy is Strong Tonight

It kicked in last night but the third day before and after the Equinox and Solstice are the strongest -- just like the third day before and after the full moon.

well I guess it's on the 20th so yesterday may have been stronger.

Well see tonight.

The Magnetic Brain Bliss is stronger during the Equinox and Solstice.

So there is this cozy love feeling.

Actually the magnetic brain bliss gets overwhelming, inducing trance...

So.... just enjoy the ride.

I had one Solstice where I got shocked pretty bad inside my brain. haha.

But that was probably six years ago.

Anyway I always love the Equinox and Solstice energy.

• Like 2

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/moral-landscapes/201112/dangers-crying-it-out

I had a great loving evening with my one year old niece but then my sister yelled at me since I did not let the baby cry it out to fall asleep.

I said: Do I have to let the baby cry? She said yes or else I was conditioning the baby to expect being comforted.

The night before tonight the baby was crying for at least a half hour and now -- this night -- it is the same -- she has been bawling for a half hour.

All I did was lie with the baby on the bed so that she could fall asleep without crying - it only took maybe ten minutes. Then after she was asleep for ten minutes I carried her into the crib. She just need an "external womb" sensation - just lying next to her.

I didn't realize how brainwashed people really are with this whole "conditioning" concept of babies!

It is pure "behaviorism" of B.F. Skinner which is something Noam Chomsky disproved -- although no one has read that book of Noam debunking Skinner.

I always thought Skinner was some crazy mad scientist but amazingly Skinner behaviorism controls how people are trained to raise babies. As the above article details.

So then during the day the baby, as soon as she sees me, she chases after me and insists that I hold her all the time. My mom said:

I have never seen anything like this. The baby wants you to hold her all the time. It is very unusual.

Then I actually am attentive to what the baby wants and so when she sees something interesting she wants to explore then I figure out what it is and then we go explore it together. Sometimes I am surprised at what the baby wants to explore. I find this fascinating. My mom and my sister claim I am therefore "letting the baby boss me around."

The above article exposes this sad attitude very well -- that somehow the baby is seen as an intrusion into the adult life and so the baby should not be allowed to do anything that does not allow the adult to be in control. It's very creepy that already there is this "crack down" control attitude about babies - as if babies are a threat! As someone points out - babies can not even really use their hands yet -- so how can they boss someone around?

My mom said last night:

Crying does not damage a baby.

I didn't even respond because the comment is like some fascist tautology. It's really creepy.

So the baby is supposed to learn that when it cries it doesn't matter - no help will come.

As the above article demonstrates - this does damage the baby's neurons from too much cortisol. But that's too much science for my mom and sister. haha. I sent my mom the article. If I sent it to my sister she might go ballistic on me. Hopefully my mom won't get too mad at me.

Anyway my sister says -- well the information she gets in the mail from the doctor says the baby should now be able to sleep through the night without needing comforting or a bottle, etc.

It's called "self-soothing."

So I think the baby has stopped crying now. I guess she has been "conditioned."

Now I will go back to sleep but the baby cries so loudly I am woken up from my room -- not even directly below the baby's room.

Good thing this isn't an apartment building as the tenant below would probably complain.

I still believe love conquers all and as qigong master Chunyi Lin says - even though there does not seem to be any love -- really people still have great love in their hearts.

It's just people are not aware of love many times -- this is from lack of trance meditation training.

So it is not difficult to imagine that infants who are physically close to their caregivers, experiencing a release of oxytocin, are much more likely to fall asleep and remain asleep.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/moral-landscapes/201303/more-normal-parenting-sleep

This is exactly why I get along so well with my one year old niece -- we have an Oxytocin love bond.

I get the oxytocin love from meditation and the baby has it just from being a baby! haha. Her energy is pure and loving.

p. Several studies found that night waking is relatively common between age 12 and 24 months (Richman, 1981; Goodlin-Jones, Burnham, Gaylor, & Anders 2001; Scher, 2000; Weinraub et al., 2013). Thus, a parent’s perceptions about what constitutes a sleep problem may be triggered by either a disconnect between expectations of uninterrupted sleep and a toddler sleep pattern that arguably falls within the range of normal, or by the impact that night waking has on the parent’s quality of sleep and daily functioning (Loutzenhiser, Ahlquist, & Hoffman 2012). However, although changes in sleep patterns may be inconvenient and frustrating, they are normal occurrences in the context of a healthy parent-child relationship.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/moral-landscapes/201302/normal-infant-sleep-part-2-0

Yep -- nothing wrong with comforting the baby -- except it's "inconvenient" for the mom.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 6

eh, painful to read, drew.

Good on you for arguing in favour of nurturing by presence. You are RIGHT. Thankyou for what you are doing with your niece.

:wub:

Leaving us to cry when we are without resources is the way to instill a sense of hopelessness/lack of trust/seeds of depression and fatalism.

thanks! An hour of full lotus sun meditation recharges my energy -- and tomorrow night! http://www.springforestqigong.com/events/ Free registration for the international guild and you can ask qigong master Chunyi Lin questions -- he will answer and then he sends you his energy when he responds!!

SFQ International Guild

Spring Equinox Meditation

"Celebrating Spring's Renewing Energy"
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
7:00 PM Central

Dear Drew,

The Spring Equinox Healing Meditation is tomorrow night. All 2013 Guild members are invited to come together at this auspicious time as we celebrate the renewing energy of spring.

I do hope you can join us.

Love and blessings as always,

Chunyi Lin

"Leaving us to cry when we are without resources is the way to instill a sense of hopelessness/lack of trust/seeds of depression and fatalism."

My mom seemed quite proud of it actually. She told me it was the 'done thing'. She told me I would 'scream my head off' for hours and she would just let me 'get on with it'. Many years later, I did try (gently at first) a few times to point out how cruel that was but she stuck to her 'done thing' guns and got quite upset that I would suggest it was cruel.

I can't say specifically whether it was that period of my life or the other numerous episodes of contempt and neglect and invalidation that really did a number on me. But like Drew's post suggests, generations of moms have been convinced that it's the right thing to do.

i don't even know what to say, or how to feel because i am not a parent. i will be sending this to my mom to see how she feels about it though and asking what she did with me

i don't even know what to say, or how to feel because i am not a parent. i will be sending this to my mom to see how she feels about it though and asking what she did with me

My mom said she read the psychology article and she said

it is trash.

I said -- what about the stress hormones damaging the neurons?

I asked her: Do you know what cortisol is?

No answer.

Hello? Hello?

Yes?

Mom do you know what cortisol is?

No.

Well it's in the article. It's the stress hormone.

It is near the end of the article.

Well I didn't read the whole article.

Mom -- you have to read the whole article if you say you read the article.

haha.

When the baby is greatly distressed,it creates conditions for damge to synapses, network construction which occur very rapidly in the infant brain. The hormone cortisol is released. In excess, it's a neuron killer which many not be apparent immediately (Thomas et al. 2007). A full-term baby (40-42 weeks), with only 25% of its brain developed, is undergoing rapid brain growth. The brain grows on average three times as large by the end of the first year (and head size growth in the first year is a sign of intelligence, e.g., Gale et al., 2006). Who knows what neurons are not being connected or being wiped out during times of extreme stress? What deficits might show up years later from such regular distressful experience? (See my addendum below.)

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 1

Just to say ... over the last few days I have been feeling the very opposite of lovely/fluffy ... perhaps I am in a negative phase wrt the sun ... feeling a bit left out of this cuddle zone :)

Just to say ... over the last few days I have been feeling the very opposite of lovely/fluffy ... perhaps I am in a negative phase wrt the sun ... feeling a bit left out of this cuddle zone :)

Awww Apech. Sorry to hear it. This thread is sort of fluffyness with some very serious not fluffy in the middle.

• Like 1

kittens-group_zpsb72b78a9.jpg

We are all in this together, including you.

• Like 3

Awww Apech. Sorry to hear it. This thread is sort of fluffyness with some very serious not fluffy in the middle.

As long as you don't leave me to cry for too long :(

• Like 2

Not going to happen. As long as you dont run far far away so we cant reach you.

my-cat-explosion-21345853_zpscfea95cf.jp

• Like 2

Of course not. We're on the forum pretty much every day :wub:

Yep. That's the technical term for it. :lol:

Stuff feels a bit shifted, like it is not quite where it is supposed to be.

Ah yes well that is equinoxial (or whatever the adjective is) ... a phase shift from winter to spring ...

• Like 2

.images-5_zps3b8ad153.jpg

soothing image upon which we may gaze

Mickey Dolenz has a unicorn horn in his hand!

• Like 1

Mr Dolenz, I think you'll find, is expressing his equinoctial shiftiness with facial expression, garb and magic wand.

Most reassuring to know these things have been happening throughout the ages.

Mr Dolenz, I think you'll find, is expressing his equinoctial shiftiness with facial expression, garb and magic wand.

Most reassuring to know these things have been happening throughout the ages.

Is that a Nagual Poncho he's wearing?

Sign in to follow this