manitou

Are there any healers here?

, and am not interested in spending in seated meditation any more. Now i meditate throughout my normal activities, blended it into my life so i don't waste lots of time sitting with my eyes shut.

Interesting you say that - I seem to feel the same. I spent 30 years meditating regularly and now I don't do it regularly, only when I feel like truly being alone and enjoying it. When so many years of meditation have gone by, it's now possible to blank the mind at will, whether one is engaged in activity or not. Or sometimes I wonder if my inheritance of dementia, early stages, doesn't make it a little easier to void the mind.

Seems like you have a nice holistic approach to your own healing.

Interesting you say that - I seem to feel the same. I spent 30 years meditating regularly and now I don't do it regularly, only when I feel like truly being alone and enjoying it. When so many years of meditation have gone by, it's now possible to blank the mind at will, whether one is engaged in activity or not. Or sometimes I wonder if my inheritance of dementia, early stages, doesn't make it a little easier to void the mind.

Hi Manitou, :)

If you don't mind me asking, but what kind of meditation were you doing for those 30 years? Did you have a teacher? Was it TM? How often did you do it?

And where did you get the idea that you are supposed to blank the mind?

I must say, I have read in writings by Alan Wallace and some Buddhist masters that if one does not counter the state of laxity or dullness during meditation, one will end up in a state of mind without any noticeable thoughts, which is blissful and tranquil, but, which, if prolonged, leads to dementia and a decrease in intelligence. If you don't strive for clarity, vividness and a continous flow of attentiveness during meditation , you run the risk of becoming a vegetable.

Not that I'm saying that your mention of 'dementia' and 'meditating for 30 years' and 'blank the mind' in the same paragraph means that that is what is happening to you.

It's just that some teachers or groups believe that meditation is "having no thoughts". This is a misnomer. I think it is ok to have no thoughts when you have no breathing, but otherwise, most of the advanced Buddhist practices say that one of the goals of meditation is not to have no thoughts, but to have thoughts and just not be attached to them. There is a difference there. It is almost impossible to have absolutely no thoughts and to cultivate that state is not proper technique.

So I'm curious as to what you are going to say.

:)

TI

I haven't had the opportunity to heal people besides myself but I've had great success with my orphan cats.

One of them was dragging its right rear leg. I took it to half a dozen vets, had many xrays taken and nobody could help. One of the vets sent me to the local University vet hospital saying they were experts on neurological issues. Still no success, nothing worked. So I started doing qi gong treatments on the cat.

The result ---> 100% success. Absolutely nothing wrong with the cat's leg now and you would never know there was an issue.

I also made great progress healing it's eye. I think one of the sick locals tortured him and stuck a needle or something similar in his eye. It's not fully recovered, but it's about 80% better. Hopefully one day I will have the juice to fully removed the damage, but for now I'm happy to see it has shrunken dramatically.

I have offered to help a few of my friends with various health issues, but none of them are interested in having a qi gong treatment from a waigouren.

• Like 1

Its a worthwhile point being made here Spotless. Neutrality is not unconditional love, and it is a good distinction to make that we are not all talking about the same thing when it comes to healing and its varied approaches.

Unconditional love surely heals. Big time.

Neutrality/non-dualism IME helps things to flow and come up for healing with ease. I AM and IT JUST IS reside in this space I am sure LOL. Would love to hear more on your take on this Spotless, contrasting the approaches.

I have a mentor/colleague, who isn't particularly the most heart centred person, but has amazing skills and abilities by remaining personally neutral, and treating all her palpatory experience in a session simply as information to process, and nothing more. Helps her retain clarity and good perception.

When getting caught up mentally within a session, I have used opposites, similar to what Spotless ahs described above, to help free me up & get me back in to a neutral/non judgemental state. Things like reciting black/white, good/bad, can/can't, should/shouldn't, hot/cold, hard/soft etc.

To me unconditional love is the same as non-dualism, i'm not sure what neutrality is, is it the same as non-dualism? You love everything unconditionally, everything is love so there is no comparing differences. However you can still compare because there are different depths of love and intensities. Do you feel the same?

This is a very sweet and welcoming thread, full of good information. Really good work here.

When I was 13yrs old, I began experiencing consistent pressure and flowing heat in my hands. The inner voice

was advising to concentrate on non-discriminating focus, and apply the hands to wherever there is dis-ease.

At that time my mother had a golf ball sized tumor on her ovaries, that inner voice guided me to go to my mother. So I ran to her, had her lie on the couch before her doctor's check up, and told her give me 5 minutes. She did, and in 5 minutes she began telling me that she felt a pulling and squeezing in the place of her tumor. (She refused to take any kind of medication for any sickness)

She was just about to visit the doctor for a check up on how big the thing was getting, so after 5 minutes she had to get up and head to the dr.s office. I told her just 5 more minutes and it would be gone. She said she couldn't wait and then took off.

When she returned home, she said straight up, she didn't know what I did, but the tumor had shrunk down and went from malignant to benign. She said the Dr. was shocked as hell, and my mother said she didn't say a word to him.

At that point, I put the instances together and began further cultivating this practice, deepening my practices for this cultivation and becoming aware of Tuina and Dian Xue through meditation practice and teachers which came through meditation. I was seeing friends and their friends when they were sick, classmates and strangers.

When I was 20 or so, I decided to find out what Reiki was, took all their levels, and even taught it for a short time, but later found that it still just wasn't enough.It wasn't to be the sole practice, I was just curious as to what it entailed, and soon after came to certain ..."realizations" about it that I didn't see fitting, as well as it not being enough to do the deed. (not to be discussed here, lol)

From my early teens to mid 20s I treated many "patients", ranging from colds, to sprains, to asthma attacks, asthma itself, broken bones, cancers and comatose. Now, I don't even bother unless the person is really ready to commit to healing. Most have wasted their energy, my efforts and "time", and only reaped short term benefits due to their lifestyle habits.

There is so much info out there on hands on healing, all speaking a generally similar point, feeling an unconditional love for those who you would be treating. As a young teen, I began investigating the many books out there, but couldn't get past the first few pages, cover included. Sometimes, the most profound thing shouldn't be fluffed up to become something too mysterious and new-agey, and a great lot of those books kept repeating themselves chapter after chapter (after skimming through it), not even touching on true methods, but more fluffy universal sparkles and berries just to make it seem more and more spiritual.

So I stopped checking out books, and further applied myself in personal practice, learning to further cultivate it. Funny, I am just beginning to write a book on cultivation, and as much as I can speak of about it..and one thing I told myself was..."remember all those old new agey books and all that smurf-berry nonsense they spoke about?...Let's not do that." HAHAHAHAHA

Anywho, I really enjoyed skimming through the posts in this thread, and such compassion felt from everyone compelled me to share a little, which is what I hardly do with my personal early practices. Thanks for that every one.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

I liked your post you sound like you have heaps of experience. Like you said with your mother, she felt a pulling and squeezing in her tumour did you actually intend a push and pull or did you just channel and thats what it came out like?

My dad would be a bit of a non believer type but he had a blocked nose and i put 2 thumbs (only because it was easier to from a standing angle) either side of his nose on accupressure points and channeled, i felt quiet alot of energy go through considering i hadn't cultivated energy for a while, and he said his nose actually felt better.

I've calmed people down from being angry within 5 seconds just by channeling. I've induced butterflies in girls stomachs and other things too, but the people need to be open to it.

Channeling i think is easy because you don't need to know what has to be done you just go into that mode and your body moves and the energy comes out right just as it's needed. However perhaps the person can end up feeling worse because healing has only just began and they feel worse as a result.

Accupuncture and accupressure along with massage are good because they involve physical contact and a sure purpose from the healer that shocks the patient a little and makes them feel a good result is possible. The possiblity that they could heal enters their mind. However if you just wave your arms around them changing energy fields they will most likely think that it is a waste of their time and money seeing you and most likely won't get any benefit due to this belief. Another case is if you just wave your hands around but they actually FEEL something without you touching them (of course you lead their mind to the place that they should feel something too to intensify it), then they become very suseptible to healing and a strong placebo effect which helps the healing very strongly because they feel like it is something supernatural, something which they haven't experienced before and so suddenly have very high hopes for the treatment.

-all of this is my theory, i haven't much experience healing others so please let me know if you feel i am correct.

I would really like to become a part time healer along with my other job, but it seems mind boggling to start. Of course i need to have confidence that i can do it, but for that i need to have experience.

Before when i was practiced alot i could change things quiet strongly (in my eye), and some people said they could feel something if i tried to pass chi through them but others couldn't feel anything. Nobodys going to pay money for something they can't feel and can't contribute to what YOU actually did. Whether i can heal them or not they need to feel some benefit after a session or it was a waste of time. They need to feel better so that they will take some herbs you give them and feel inclined to take responsibility for their health. Everyone who has come to me for help wanted to be fixed but wanted me to do it all and of course it doesn't work like that (in whatever i have practiced anyhow). They still wanted to eat and drink what they always did and overstrain themselves in the same way they always had. They thought there body was broken and i was here to fix it. The look on their faces when i suggested it was what they were doing to cause the problem, even after very clearly showing them that there couldn't be any other reason for it, indicated that thats not what they wanted to hear.

I think the main thing i want to ask you is, do you routinely get others feeling things inside themselves or sudden improvements in symptoms from every patient? If not, in how much percent of cases? What do you usually rely on, and what have you found the best ways to get the patient to become positive mentally in your ability to heal them. I understand when you get a reputation that helps alot too. One TCM doctor i worked with once could very accurately tell what was wrong with a person and that won alot of people over the line and opened them up to an opportunity to heal from his treatment.

If you don't mind me asking, but what kind of meditation were you doing for those 30 years? Did you have a teacher? Was it TM? How often did you do it?

I must say, I have read in writings by Alan Wallace and some Buddhist masters that if one does not counter the state of laxity or dullness during meditation, one will end up in a state of mind without any noticeable thoughts, which is blissful and tranquil, but, which, if prolonged, leads to dementia and a decrease in intelligence. If you don't strive for clarity, vividness and a continous flow of attentiveness during meditation , you run the risk of becoming a vegetable.

Not that I'm saying that your mention of 'dementia' and 'meditating for 30 years' and 'blank the mind' in the same paragraph means that that is what is happening to you.

It's just that some teachers or groups believe that meditation is "having no thoughts". This is a misnomer. I think it is ok to have no thoughts when you have no breathing, but otherwise, most of the advanced Buddhist practices say that one of the goals of meditation is not to have no thoughts, but to have thoughts and just not be attached to them. There is a difference there. It is almost impossible to have absolutely no thoughts and to cultivate that state is not proper technique.

TI

Yes i feel a prolonged state of mind with no thoughts decreases intelligence too. When i practiced lots it became harder to think. Well, harder to think consciously anyway, i'm sure subconsciously i could still think very well. I actually had to strain my brain (and could feel it tensing) to concentrate and process information as in some complicated converstations.

I guess it's like anything, you have to use it or lose it, same with your mind. The more you do the better you get at it. I always over thought when i was young, most likely due to overstudying, and the peace i got in no thought was wonderful. Thats why i think awareness meditation is good because you don't over think, you just think for the normal day to day times when you need to work something out, yet your mind stays sharp because you are remaining aware. I find the information retrieved by using your brain for awareness is actually alot more fruitful than from thinking. Things in your awareness can initiate thinking, but then you are thinking about something you are aware of, here and now, not something way beyond yonder. Thinking becomes grounded and local. Thinking and awareness work together to become USEFUL.

I guess it all just comes back down to balance in the end.

I would not recommend synchronizing my energy with one that I am healing. Their physical space is not yours and synchronizing is going to put you in trance.

Start with Your house is your house - and their house is their house.

I will assume they have asked for the healing - in other words - they said - "my roof is leaking" can you help me.

Then you look at the persons house and say "I found the leak - would you like me to work on it?"

They say "yes" and you let them know what progress you are making.

When the work is finished - you let them know - you pull all of your energy out of their space if you had any in there to begin with and remove any of their energy from your space.

It would be best if you are doing your healing/energy work with cosmic energy and not your own energy.

When I start a healing I say Hello to the spirit - this often transforms the entire space of the person.

Specifically I used to make a point of clarifying their space and mine.

I start healings and I end healings - very clearly - I do not take them back home with me.

If you do your healing work by matching energy and becoming one in trance - you will find health problems common. Save the idea of "universal oneness and love" for later - this is very premature at this point - and completely unneccessary.

Channeling is a way of healing that I would not recommend. It is a very easy path to a false destination.

It works, but quick-sand is everywhere.

You say you don't suggest channeling, but how about if you guide and channel. A bit like setting up a waterslide with your own energy, then channeling to blast through with more power? Bit like using accupressure and then channeling energy through.

I am very interested in hearing from energetic healers. There is one in my home town and i know a few people who have gone there, me included. My family call him the fish doctor because he does all weird stuff hehe. One girl gets migranes and he fixes them. It lasts for a while until obviously she stresses out too much in some way or another and causes it to happen again. I felt his energy when he passed energy into me but it was much less intense than the energy i can generate within myself, it was interesting though. I wonder if because it came externally i felt it less intensly than doing my own energy work because it is already within me? He put his hand on top of my head, said some things about charkras, and then the energy came in and whizzed around. I guess he channeled because the energy didn't seem to have some clear path, or it didn't seem like there was some clear intention for the energy, it just went every which way and dispersed into different areas.

Have you recieved energy from other healers, perhaps people who taught you? How did you percieve this energy according to your own energy? How was it similar/different?

Also what do you do while you are having this conversation (i guess it is silent and the other person can't hear it?) with the spirit or energy body of the patient? I definately have faith that this type of thing works, but how do you ground it, how do you get it working in the physical as in physical relief from discomfort? How does the patient percieve you in their healing? Is it usually instantanious or takes some time to take effect? How long does the healing effect usually last for?

Lots of questions i know but i am very interested!

Thanks,

Louis

Wow, there is some profound stuff being covered here.

Manitou & K, child abuse is certainly an issue that is prevalent to me in my own journey, & I would actually love to have it covered in a thread of its own by people as insightful as yourselves. I would be an active contributor to that.

I'm going to find it hard to contribute to this thread, due to its diversity, but will try nonetheless. Rather than try & cover all that has been spoken of (which I would love to- and thanks to all who have shared their experiences and thoughts), I will just drop in what I have experienced, and where my thoughts lie.

One thought is to try & classify healing approaches here in able to give an ordered sense of what foundation things are being accomplished by. For example, for each person referencing the foundations of the healing approaches they are speaking about.

An example of this is channelling "Úniversal Energy" which would be analogous to pouring water into a vessel, and where there are cracks in the vessel, the water automatically runs into & fills them. This was the explanation I was given of Reiki, though it is obviously a generalisation.

As a comparison, one might go into another's energy field to find specific interactions between say an etheric body, and its manifestation in the physical and try to improve or resolve the interface between those levels, at which is the cause of dysfunction. Its more direct, more specific, more in need of mindfulness & discernment.

That is not to discredit any approach, it's just to add to the idea on how diverse this field is. Add this to the power of infinity and you have an idea of just how diverse it may be. Manitou, you may find freedom in this fact, in that you are highly sensitive, highly skilled and insightful, and that you may be free to discover & create whatever approaches that you find are suitable to you and where you are at. There are no hard & fast rules, though having said that, training is helpful to help orientate you through different systems and their basic concepts. An example in my field is Western vs Eastern concepts of how the body works, and intervention/medicine.

My previous comment of just sitting with the body and having a conversation with your hands, is the end result of me striving as a youthful enthusiast, and realising that I may be projecting everything I know onto the recipients body in order to help them achieve some benefit from their session with me (nothing wrong with that either- keen to do what I could). Call me lazy, but now that I am older & have life experience, I now just get a general overview, approach with the person with little more agenda than to learn about what is going on & create a friendly supportive energetic rapport. This acknowledges that I only know what I know, and not what I don't. It also shows an empathetic willingness to be present and accept the person on whatever level they are at. I simply look for a window of opportunity to engage, and let it flow from there. I have not devised a ritual concept as you did with your lady with breast cancer- that was some amazing insight from you. There is much I have not covered. Stuff like the Yuan Method I find truly amazing, yet I have issues with a few of its elements also.

Where I am at, at the moment is to personally add a few distinctions here are the concepts between:

channelling vs internal self healing - an external energy source supplementing/or even overriding the person's limited abilities to heal versus an internal locus of control through the person's own ability to internally resolve what is going on in their system and heal themselves. An example being prayer or Reiki vs manipulation of one's energy meridians.

clearing vs integrating - getting "rid of" unwanted energy/energetic patterns, or restructuring/reconceptualising them in order to have them settle in easier within the person's own energetic system, and be accepted rather than rejected. An example here may be clearing past karma vs accepting the consequences of past karma, and moving on from it as necessary.

There is a whole lot more of course, and I am not wanting to create a "vs" sense of competitiveness here, that one is better than another, but more to illustrate the differences in the contrasting approaches of the total spectrum that this field encompasses.

I will give a few more examples of the different phases and mindsets I have passed through if appropriate, but hope that helps so far.

Within myself (as i have practiced) i have used these different approaches of what you are talking about. Mainly i see them as active or passive, where pure channeling would be the most passive and clearing/integrating of different energy meridians or organs to create balance the most active.

Now i have found the most active to be the most egotistic (not that it's bad) and i can attribute the effect of sensations and healing to me. I have tried to heal it how i thought was best. To me this would be the best way to get patient's respect that you have abilities as a healer.

Then the most passive i have found to have the strongest and most effective healing, however the healing hasn't always been where i've intended, say i had a sore finger and by being passive i've found that my sore back that i've had for years feels better but my finger is still no better.

Midway between is good, and it sounds like your massage lets you target the areas you want to (active) then you can guide and channel energy into those areas passively to produce good healing effects in the way the patient desires, in the way the patient is paying you to.

Do you feel i am right in saying this? I have asked others and wondering too, what your success rate is for something substantial to happen positively to their health? How long did it take, how long do the results normally last for?

I guess thats the good thing about massage, even if they aren't "healed" they at least got a massage out of it and feel they didn't just waste their money.

I would love to be a healer but i want people to percieve that they got their moneys worth. I don't want people to feel like they wasted their money. Meanwhile i have already done a degree and spent years studying that, now with a family and a mortgage it's a bit hard for me to start studying some type of massage course when i need to make some money. My feeling is that massage is a good way to get the energetic into the physical. Of course the information provided to the patient about what to do, eat, along with a small set of internal and external exercises would provide the main ongoing healing power, but massage gives them a strong push in the right direction and opens up their eyes to the possibilities.

Have you seen any non physical practices than can offer a clear percieved benefit to a high percentage of clients? I have also thought of just going for 1 illness like asthma and concentrating on that. It still requires dedication from the client and its not what most ppl want

Also, have you ever had any trouble or heard about anybody else having trouble with people trying to sue due to them saying they were ill effected by any treatment? That is a little worry in the back of my mind too. I think with my knowledge of myself both energetically and physically i could probably pick up a decent amount of massage stuff just from dvds and practice on people and understand how what i was doing was effecting them within the framework of my own understanding, however that won't get me insurance, and of course my wifey would kill me if we got sued and we had to live out on the street :)

Thanks,

Louis

You say you don't suggest channeling, but how about if you guide and channel. A bit like setting up a waterslide with your own energy, then channeling to blast through with more power? Bit like using accupressure and then channeling energy through.

Have you recieved energy from other healers, perhaps people who taught you? How did you percieve this energy according to your own energy? How was it similar/different?

Also what do you do while you are having this conversation (i guess it is silent and the other person can't hear it?) with the spirit or energy body of the patient? I definately have faith that this type of thing works, but how do you ground it, how do you get it working in the physical as in physical relief from discomfort? How does the patient percieve you in their healing? Is it usually instantanious or takes some time to take effect? How long does the healing effect usually last for?

Lots of questions i know but i am very interested!

Thanks,

Louis

Lots of great questions and many involved in the healing arts here.

I'll do this backwards and tell of a recent healing that I did. I was not expecting to do a healing, reading or anything - it just came to my mind to look into a friends comment:

A friend had commented that his father was dying and that it was a difficult passage - I asked him his fathers name. About a week later I was in a relatively long meditation and about 3hrs into it I remembered my friends comment so I looked in on his father and he still appeared to be alive. Quit suddenly and with ease I was in his fathers hospital room and speaking with his father as spirit. He was very lively and happy and forthwith in a valence of about 45 - someone who I would enjoy as a friend.

His father was ready to go - but their was an energy we could not talk about that was definitely still holding him close - at first I got a P sound and then very clearly Patricia. I had not done any work like this for quite some time so it was refreshing to have it all moving along clearly - but doubt can be an element.

I called my friend up on a lark that he would still be up around 10 and it turned out he was in his fathers room at the time.

I told him what I saw and asked him somewhat timidly about a Patricia and I got dead silence on the other end.

Patricia was his older sister and his father was the only one that called her Patricia - they had not spoken in 4 years and she had not come to see him during his time of leaving.

I told him that I would bring the issues into the present and that his father was doing great.

I then went back and brought the spiritual agreements between the father and Patricia into present time - symbolically like a handful of straw. Breaking the straw and seeing it burn and dissipate.

His father left quite soon after that - though his body still took some time to finally rest.

(my friend was very surprised by the whole event - he did not know I did any of this stuff at all)

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

An acquaintance recently said she was not able to attend a Qi Gong class and texted me that she was in LA because her mothers life was in the balance. I asked her mothers name and that was all she gave me.

I was not able to look in on her for about 4 days.

I was able to see her clearly on her hospital bed. - she appeared to be in relatively stable condition - at first I hovered around her and then I plugged into her feet and sent an intense electric blue surge of energy up her legs and into her body at large. It was very intense and appeared to go throughout her body.

After that I was drawn to her head area and looked deep inside - i saw a clear spreading of dark energy from mid-center of her head on the right side. very dark brown to lighter dark brown. I kept thinking stroke or something along that line.

I passed this information on the the mothers daughter and she said her mother had a major stomach issue which required emergency surgery. I did not notice any problems in that area - I believe the mother was already past that issue though she had

swelling and infection concerns.

Within weeks it became apparent that her mother was suffering from some dementia - (and small ministrokes are often associated with surgery). The dementia problem has now become a very big concern at 4 weeks from my visit.

• Like 1

An acquaintance recently said she was not able to attend a Qi Gong class and texted me that she was in LA because her mothers life was in the balance. I asked her mothers name and that was all she gave me.

I was not able to look in on her for about 4 days.

I was able to see her clearly on her hospital bed. - she appeared to be in relatively stable condition - at first I hovered around her and then I plugged into her feet and sent an intense electric blue surge of energy up her legs and into her body at large. It was very intense and appeared to go throughout her body.

After that I was drawn to her head area and looked deep inside - i saw a clear spreading of dark energy from mid-center of her head on the right side. very dark brown to lighter dark brown. I kept thinking stroke or something along that line.

I passed this information on the the mothers daughter and she said her mother had a major stomach issue which required emergency surgery. I did not notice any problems in that area - I believe the mother was already past that issue though she had

swelling and infection concerns.

Within weeks it became apparent that her mother was suffering from some dementia - (and small ministrokes are often associated with surgery). The dementia problem has now become a very big concern at 4 weeks from my visit.

• Like 2

1) Now i have found the most active to be the most egotistic (not that it's bad) and i can attribute the effect of sensations and healing to me. I have tried to heal it how i thought was best. To me this would be the best way to get patient's respect that you have abilities as a healer.

2) Then the most passive i have found to have the strongest and most effective healing, however the healing hasn't always been where i've intended, say i had a sore finger and by being passive i've found that my sore back that i've had for years feels better but my finger is still no better.

3) Midway between is good, and it sounds like your massage lets you target the areas you want to (active) then you can guide and channel energy into those areas passively to produce good healing effects in the way the patient desires, in the way the patient is paying you to.

Do you feel i am right in saying this? I have asked others and wondering too, what your success rate is for something substantial to happen positively to their health? How long did it take, how long do the results normally last for?

I guess thats the good thing about massage, even if they aren't "healed" they at least got a massage out of it and feel they didn't just waste their money.

I would love to be a healer but i want people to percieve that they got their moneys worth. I don't want people to feel like they wasted their money. Meanwhile i have already done a degree and spent years studying that, now with a family and a mortgage it's a bit hard for me to start studying some type of massage course when i need to make some money. My feeling is that massage is a good way to get the energetic into the physical. Of course the information provided to the patient about what to do, eat, along with a small set of internal and external exercises would provide the main ongoing healing power, but massage gives them a strong push in the right direction and opens up their eyes to the possibilities.

4) Have you seen any non physical practices than can offer a clear percieved benefit to a high percentage of clients? I have also thought of just going for 1 illness like asthma and concentrating on that. It still requires dedication from the client and its not what most ppl want

5) Also, have you ever had any trouble or heard about anybody else having trouble with people trying to sue due to them saying they were ill effected by any treatment? That is a little worry in the back of my mind too. I think with my knowledge of myself both energetically and physically i could probably pick up a decent amount of massage stuff just from dvds and practice on people and understand how what i was doing was effecting them within the framework of my own understanding, however that won't get me insurance, and of course my wifey would kill me if we got sued and we had to live out on the street :)

Thanks,

Louis

Hey Louis, a few points here that I will comment on. (Please apply a few grains of salt if you find they are not applicable to you).

1) Egoistic? Sure. And you are correct not to write it off as being less important. Feedback IS important, especially when learning about what you can do, what works, what is more laborious & less effective etc etc. Healing is often by (otherwise) abstract means, not a direct science, so seeing and playing with the parameters within the effects of intent, direction of will, strength of belief, suspension of disbelief, openness to phenomenon outside of your knowledge base and the laws of physics all need exploration. Getting some orientation here through hands on active and willful intent and experimentation is good for grounding yourself within the field. Confidence that arises from competence and belief in yourself play a constructive part as much as doubt & uncertainty can undermine those things. Being ok with doubt & certainty raising its head can keep your mind open to possibilities in a healing session. There are often times you will have to troubleshoot within a session and reorientate yourself.

2) I heard a great story from a man who helped pioneer a pathway in a hands on healing approach within my profession (Biodynamics). It works on the less is more principle, very passive as you have described. He was trying to help a man with a bad ligament injury in his ankle. While he was formulating the concept of what he was doing, he knew it was powerful, but not how it worked in particular. The man he was treating came in after a few weeks and said "my ankle is no better, but my kidney stones are gone, my pancreas in regulating blood sugars better etc" He felt that he was tapping into a potent field with the bosy, which had its own priority list, and in this mans case, the ankle was a bee sting compared to the regulation of homeostasis through his organs.

3) Umm, yes. It has been stated here that to be a healer, you must be willing to look like a goose at times. Mostly because you are working in energetic, metaphorical, symbolic, non corporeal realms. I have had to explain why my explanations are poetic or vague many times. I guess this is where having a name for a service that you provide is helpful for the expectations of what the service entails and the expectations of the outcomes that service might provide. For example, someone expecting to be healed instantaneously of chronic low back pain may be disappointed if they get Reiki, and it brings up an emotional healing of when their older sibling repeatedly did not share a toy with them, and they formed an opinion of the world being against their best intererst from the age of 5. My adice is to find a practice that suits you well, be it Reiki, chi kung, massage etc, or, as you said, more passive approaches, and get some qualifications behind you before you make any claims about what services you offer. Especially beforre you give up your normal job when you have a family depending on you. It may be a calling, but take it slowly, learn as you go. I have come to the point where I say to my clients that 4-6 weekly sessions will make inroads of most conditions. During that time, I make a provisional diagnosis of what I think is happening, interact with them on what level I think is appropriate, get them back for results & feedback on my approach, adjust my approach as neccessary into a working diagnosis, and cultivate my level of perception, appropriate action and skills from all that feedback. When I started, I had the attitude that I was just a messenger, a channeler, a chosen one, and did what I did, but had little accountablility for results etc. That's a process of growing up there to, from being a hero and saving the day, to being a warrior, knowing that life is sometimes hard, pacing myself and relating to people and their struggles. During this process, I imagine I needed less heroism & personal will to do what I do, because I eventually became that intent, needed less willpower & energy to work it.

4) High percentage? Yes, but I guess you are talking about general stuff like relaxation there. Specialised medical/clinical healing trials, not me persanlly,but I know of people/healers who have.

5) Like I was saying before, best to get yourselof qualified in something/anything, and your profession will then have guidelines for what is expected of you in terms of client safety/ethics/legalities/insurance.

Hope that helps.

PS: My one groan was people calling me a "healer", because it was so vague a term, & I never knew if they expected me to make them walk on water, or just get themn in touch with themselves on a deeper level for some emotional healing. Having a "name" to your approach helps solve this.

Edited by Sanzon

TI

Hi TI - my meditation for 30 years was the same one - I never liked guided meditations. It was the same each time - watching a small vortex in the middle of my mind spinning around and around, finally until one day it was no longer there. Please know that I was brought up to be the most left brained person in the world - I always got a sense that this 'vortex' thingy was drilling through something, like rock. I don't know where I 'learned' about this meditation, I just did it.

The result of this constant drilling, one day, was that I no longer feel that I'm 'getting through something'; rather, it now feels like my awareness is like a four-fold stereo receiver that receives input from all directions, if that makes any sense. The awareness is unlimited by anything. Yes, my mundane memory may have suffered from this. But what has emerged, along with the kundalinii activity, is the ability to see in 3 dimensions that I was unable to before. I am able to see in triangles in my mind's eye that show me the dynamics of what I'm looking at. I am a seer. I'm also capable of recognizing thoughs as they arise in my mind and if they are less than kind, I can immediately turn them around. I think the type of meditation I did for so long gave me a certain control over my thoughts.

My mom has dementia, I am probably following in her footsteps. although I'm not buying into that too much. I am now telling myself several times a day 'how EXCELLENT my memory is.' The Mary Baker Eddy influence.

Thank you for your concern, TI. Your point is well taken, but my personal opinion is that the benefits outweigh the detriment. Besides, life is kinda nice lived One Day at a Time.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

I would really like to become a part time healer along with my other job, but it seems mind boggling to start. Of course i need to have confidence that i can do it, but for that i need to have experience.

My feeling is that what makes our healing abilities better and better is PRACTICE doing it. No one has confidence when they first start doing it. As someone said above, you've got to be willing to look like a goose. And people will assume you're crazy, so the ego thing really needs to be cut loose at the time of a healing.

I think maybe it was Buckminster Fuller who repeatedly said that we have to repeatedly 'prove' things to ourselves for us to really internalize them. The way we 'prove' the fact that energy REALLY DOES flow out of our hands, is to just start doing it. Do it on the cat. Do it on the dog. Do it on a friend. When you start to get someone saying 'Wow! I feel better!', you'll start to prove to yourself that you're not 'just pretending'.

Not to get all Christian or anything, but I do remember when the Nazarene said that it took the attitude or mind of a child to grasp what he was doing. Pretending? Isn't that what kids do? Could it be as simple as pretending, but without the sense of pretense? To do it with 100% confidence? Maybe that's the ultimate threshhold.

Edited by manitou

Hi TI - my meditation for 30 years was the same one - I never liked guided meditations. It was the same each time - watching a small vortex in the middle of my mind spinning around and around, finally until one day it was no longer there. Please know that I was brought up to be the most left brained person in the world - I always got a sense that this 'vortex' thingy was drilling through something, like rock. I don't know where I 'learned' about this meditation, I just did it.

The result of this constant drilling, one day, was that I no longer feel that I'm 'getting through something'; rather, it now feels like my awareness is like a four-fold stereo receiver that receives input from all directions, if that makes any sense. The awareness is unlimited by anything. Yes, my mundane memory may have suffered from this. But what has emerged, along with the kundalinii activity, is the ability to see in 3 dimensions that I was unable to before. I am able to see in triangles in my mind's eye that show me the dynamics of what I'm looking at. I am a seer. I'm also capable of recognizing thoughs as they arise in my mind and if they are less than kind, I can immediately turn them around. I think the type of meditation I did for so long gave me a certain control over my thoughts.

My mom has dementia, I am probably following in her footsteps. although I'm not buying into that too much. I am now telling myself several times a day 'how EXCELLENT my memory is.' The Mary Baker Eddy influence.

Thank you for your concern, TI. Your point is well taken, but my personal opinion is that the benefits outweigh the detriment. Besides, life is kinda nice lived One Day at a Time.

Hi Manitou :)

Thank you for your reply.

What you have described is not what I would call 'laxity' or the dullness that I have read warnings about. You seem to have accomplished what Alan Wallace describes as a milestone in his practices: The ability to watch the thoughts arising, assess the thought and have some space between the thought and the part that watches. And it has led you to the space of awareness.. Good for you.

I do wonder what the spiral that you were watching is. Perhaps it is the pineal gland chakra? Or the brow chakra? Hard to say, especially when the inside of the head is such a large space..

Anyway, thanks again for the insight into your abilities.

TI

• Like 1

Here is my thought on energetic healing.

I haven't done much healing on others but i have heaps of experience on myself. Using myself as a laboratory i've got alot of insight into qigong / food / exercise / mindset as i've practiced it. Exercise and food can be as complex as you want to make them.

Although it CAN be an immediate miracle cure, I think energetic healing generally is only temporary because you can fix something up but the persons learned natural responses, eating, lifestyle, and thinking habits can revert energetic healing back to it's pre-healed stage very quickly. (My understanding of energic healing is putting the energy fields within the body back into balance). Days, Weeks, Months, or even just a couple of hours and the energetic can be out of whack again. If it's only been a short term problem then the balancing could be more stable and last a long time, but if it's been a long term problem and a habit or natural respone is deeply ingrained (a phobia for example, or ocd) then the habit of having this reaction needs to be addressed and this is the hardest part.

Where the energy is easily changed and altered and solid, using the physical to address the physical is so much more pronounced and effective for healing our physical bodies than anything else. You may be able to more effectively cure some emotional issues that are effecting the physical, and these are valid ways of going 'around' the problem and the problem should be addressed from as many angles as possible because they all support the recovery of the patient, however to most strongly effect the physical, use the physical. This is why western drugs and operations work so well and perform 'miracles' more often than energetic medicine because when you physcially give somebody a new hip, they really do have a new hip, it's not just the old hip working in a new way.

For example, when i did lots of qigong it awoke me to tensions and blockages in my body that i didn't even knew existed. There were heaps of them, in my legs, arms, waist, chest, neck, ears, eyes and nose. The chi unblocked these and showed me what it felt like for each blockage to be released and what it meant to be relaxed. When i came out of meditation it wouldn't take long, minutes or hours for them to block up again. Later i learnt how to physically relax the muscle that was causing each blockage, then i didn't need to rely on my level of chi. I believe the physical effects the energetic much more easily and strongly than the energetic effects the physical. I learnt to physically feel the condition of my organs, without even needing to look at their energy. Frequently feeling the pulse on my wrist i learnt to physically feel through my wrist what i felt inside my organs, yet feeling the organs directly gives me the most accurate picture.

To me the energy is more like the icing on the cake. If the physical can adjust something between 0 and 10 using integers (full numbers), then the energetic can adjust 2.0 either side of a physical adjustment anywhere along that scale at 0.1 intervals. Energy is more refined and can balance to a higher level, but doesn't have the guts, yin, or same pushing power that the physical has to make big changes. To me energy is the intelligence to show you what needs to be done, it is supporting and nourishing, but it's easier and more effective to attend to the real meat and potatoes of it in the physical.

By using the physical i mean physical realisation of tension within the body (energetic blockages that can be found through meditation), and using food (which is physical) and exercise (physical both internal and external) to balance the body. The thing is, all of the theory and understanding is in the realm of energy so you need to be able to understand and interact with the energy so that you can plan things for the physical, plan the way to restore health.

The physical is right there infront of you, it's plain and easy to see. Using whatever is at your means to help you is good too though, if you have good energy skills. I have seen others organ energies and felt them within my self, seen auras, etc, but that what at a time when i spent hours of time spent in meditation, time i just don't have, and am not interested in spending in seated meditation any more. Now i meditate throughout my normal activities, blended it into my life so i don't waste lots of time sitting with my eyes shut.

I now realise that it is easier to heal by dancing, dancing through life doing different activities and eating different foods i am attracted to that balance me automatically. It is the easiest and best, but we are set in our ways and want to continue to do what is making us ill, even though we know it to be the case. We seek difficulty.

That is the difficulty in healing, yourself and others. That is why i feel energetic healing, unless it is regularly applied, is not very effective at fixing long term problems. This is why certain exercises / stretching, foods, and changing your automatic programmed responses to desirable ones are ways that can balance you out while continuing to let you do the things that are bad for you.

If some of the healers here can enlighten me to where they feel my understanding is incorrect or what other methods they use to get high success rates i would love to hear them...

Cheers,

Louis

Their is so much in this posting that is correctly drawn and clearly arrived at - it masterfully ferreted out a great number of handy techniques for mechanically remastering "naturalness", and I do not mean "mechanically" in a bad light.

""Although it CAN be an immediate miracle cure, I think energetic healing generally is only temporary because you can fix something up but the persons learned natural responses, eating, lifestyle, and thinking habits can revert energetic healing back to it's pre-healed stage very quickly. (My understanding of energic healing is putting the energy fields within the body back into balance). Days, Weeks, Months, or even just a couple of hours and the energetic can be out of whack again. If it's only been a short term problem then the balancing could be more stable and last a long time, but if it's been a long term problem and a habit or natural respone is deeply ingrained (a phobia for example, or ocd) then the habit of having this reaction needs to be addressed and this is the hardest part.""

The above hits it squarely on the head - where it lacks is in what appears to be the subtle overall assumption that everyone just wants to "get healed and on with their life". Kind of like we are cars and when we get dented we just want the dent fixed - that we are not interested in learning how to avoid dents or learning real things about our predicament.

Like the alcoholic that just wants to recover from hitting the tree with his car and get back to work.

This is not always the case.

For the most part - Western medicine and the Western patient do not attempt to heal themselves - but ONLY to fix themselves. You have high cholesterol so you take a medicine - (a medicine that says on the label:

Will cause liver damage).

You have a Hip Replacement because 20 yrs earlier you were put on medication that created bone/joint corruption.

""To me the energy is more like the icing on the cake. If the physical can adjust something between 0 and 10 using integers (full numbers), then the energetic can adjust 2.0 either side of a physical adjustment anywhere along that scale at 0.1 intervals. Energy is more refined and can balance to a higher level, but doesn't have the guts, yin, or same pushing power that the physical has to make big changes. To me energy is the intelligence to show you what needs to be done, it is supporting and nourishing, but it's easier and more effective to attend to the real meat and potatoes of it in the physical.""

We can all look at a stubbed toe as a simple stubbed toe. But after you have stubbed your toe a thousand times you start to want to know why you keep stubbing your toe. Obviously your physical toe is hitting something hard and the physical pain is very real and so covering your toes better and not moving quite so much will indeed decrease the number of stubbed toes. BUT - then is dawns on you that this is how "Old" people start becoming Old before their time - they retreat from the world in order to stop the physical problems.

The "real meat and potatoes" never were "physical".

The path of the perfectionist is to construct a pole up their ass until they have a perfect posture, perfect diet and perfect mind.

The result of this path is a very healthy well skinned quietly judgmental fully insulated robot.

The physical is the icing on the cake - it is the wave on the waters surface - a nice curl on a sunny day - it is enjoyed only in moments. Moments that are rare because the :energy" is where ALL the action is and even those trying to understand that lose track of it - mesmerized by the waves.

You speak about the various physical means to implement healing - about the quantum leap when compared to the energetic - such as a Hip Transplant. It is unequivocally true - and I am a huge fan of this - but it is not a quantum leap - it is just a tool

and one Western Medicine is sooooo hampered by.

Eastern Medicine is light years ahead of Western Medicine for one inarguable reason: Eastern Medicine incorporates both.

You can have your transplant and use acupuncture as the anesthetic

Western Medicine cannot come to grips with the deep ocean - it studies what floats on top exclusively. It makes dams and reroutes waterways. Puts up concrete and strings together barges. It appears miraculous over the last 200 years but make no mistake - most medicine comes from century old plant knowledge.

You mention that you feel your pulse (I am assuming you are speaking of the 20 something pulses that one can examine as an Eastern practitioner of healing) - that you feel your organs - doctors don't do this in the West - but they do in the East.

And you don't come to these abilities without closing your eyes.

I have strayed from my point because you have not argued with the idea that diet and exercise and physical habits and thought habits are the habituation's that make energetic healings not "hold" - and indeed it is these habituation's that slow or stop most healing of any kind. But you then continue on to a conclusion that is short sighted though the foundation of your reasoning is not fully misguided:

""The physical is right there infront of you, it's plain and easy to see. Using whatever is at your means to help you is good too though, if you have good energy skills. I have seen others organ energies and felt them within my self, seen auras, etc, but that what at a time when i spent hours of time spent in meditation, time i just don't have, and am not interested in spending in seated meditation any more. Now i meditate throughout my normal activities, blended it into my life so i don't waste lots of time sitting with my eyes shut.

I now realise that it is easier to heal by dancing, dancing through life doing different activities and eating different foods i am attracted to that balance me automatically. It is the easiest and best, but we are set in our ways and want to continue to do what is making us ill, even though we know it to be the case. We seek difficulty.""

At some point you will look back at the above statement and it will look like a past life from many years ago where you took a fork on the road - a clear headed completely logical fact based decision to take what turns out to be a long detour. You will come back to this fork and open your old tool kit - and you will look at some of the "corny" stuff that was so effective in bringing about your most valuable assets. Whole chunks of your story, your supporting arguments, your mindset will fall away.

Edited by Spotless

First thankyou everyone for your replies, they have been very insightful. Just on a side note i hear cod liver oil (not just fish oil) is excellent for slowing the onset of dementia. People tell me that when they remember to take it then they will know it's working :)

The above hits it squarely on the head - where it lacks is in what appears to be the subtle overall assumption that everyone just wants to "get healed and on with their life". Kind of like we are cars and when we get dented we just want the dent fixed - that we are not interested in learning how to avoid dents or learning real things about our predicament.

Like the alcoholic that just wants to recover from hitting the tree with his car and get back to work.

This is not always the case.

For the most part - Western medicine and the Western patient do not attempt to heal themselves - but ONLY to fix themselves. You have high cholesterol so you take a medicine - (a medicine that says on the label:

Will cause liver damage).

Definately yes, there is a big round circle where i have just drawn a line. Perhaps it is just me because i am naturally this way (I was a software engineer). How do you find the expectations of people that approach you for healings? I know before when i was sick i just wanted to get fixed. I know i didn't want to spend $45 or so for a healing session just to beat around the bush when i knew my money was running out and i wanted to get better quick so i could get back to work. It was only when i tried nearly every single option and there was no quick fix that i had no other option than taking the path i did and becoming responsible for my own health.

We can all look at a stubbed toe as a simple stubbed toe. But after you have stubbed your toe a thousand times you start to want to know why you keep stubbing your toe. Obviously your physical toe is hitting something hard and the physical pain is very real and so covering your toes better and not moving quite so much will indeed decrease the number of stubbed toes. BUT - then is dawns on you that this is how "Old" people start becoming Old before their time - they retreat from the world in order to stop the physical problems.

First i would say the physical way to stop this would be to put shoes on. I think old people have too many life lessons and so think too much and this prevents them from doing. If you put shoes and a helmet on then skateboard down a hill you can't see the bottom of, i don't think that is getting 'old', it's just getting wiser, a balance of wisdom of age but retaining those big balls of youth. (On a side point Iron Shirt III by Mantak Chia is exactely that, gives you that Go Do, Be Wild, without fear, yet with sense. It cuts your age in half. Keeping yourself grounded and stable then becomes the challenge :-)

The "real meat and potatoes" never were "physical".

Interestingly correct yet... mmMMMmmm. I think easily more than 50% of people are unaware of the energetic at all. They use it constantly of course but they aren't aware of it. Opening somebodies eyes to it is not that easy.

The physical is the icing on the cake - it is the wave on the waters surface - a nice curl on a sunny day - it is enjoyed only in moments. Moments that are rare because the :energy" is where ALL the action is and even those trying to understand that lose track of it - mesmerized by the waves.

This depends entirely on your perspective, where your being lies, how you are seated within your body, and how you live your life. ALL the action you speak of i have seen also in the physical. It must be true, the physical is a direct reflection of the energetic. One can not possibly have any more action than the other, they are intrinsically linked. I have heard many times that spirit rules matter, but i always add that spirit must work with matter also. As i posted the energy has a lesser influence on the physical (than the physical upon it's self) is true, likewise as you point out physical has a lesser influence on the energy (as upon it's self), especially if it is ungrounded, yet from the perspective of the regular Joe Blow, who walks in asking for treatment and hasn't even conceived of such things, the physical is where it's at.

The result of this path is a very healthy well skinned quietly judgmental fully insulated robot.

I have tried to be a perfectionist in the past, and it becomes very boring. Now i regard my knowledge of it kind of like a big brother that gets me out of trouble. It lets me get down and do what i my ego desires with something to fall back on. I'm only 30 so i'm enjoying my ego in my prime. I've been very spiritual before but i know theres plenty of time for that later when life guides me that way and old age grips me by the throat

Eastern Medicine is light years ahead of Western Medicine for one inarguable reason: Eastern Medicine incorporates both.

You can have your transplant and use acupuncture as the anesthetic

But should the needle not enter the right spot, should the patient not respond to those points, or should the needle fall out when opening the chest for open heart surgury.... There is a reason why anasethics are used, a wooden sword can knock a man down, but you don't take it to war. Refined, clinically trialed, long term tested medicine (even though the idea may be taken from plants). It's still not 100% but there is a reason why they chose to use it, it is more suited to the job at hand. In my opinion neither is light years ahead of the other. I have seen both at work performing miracles. All the miracles i know of were not a balance of east and west, they were at the peak of either end of the scale. Pure arse or pure class :)

You mention that you feel your pulse (I am assuming you are speaking of the 20 something pulses that one can examine as an Eastern practitioner of healing) - that you feel your organs - doctors don't do this in the West - but they do in the East.

And you don't come to these abilities without closing your eyes.

I just feel the 6 points on my wrists and have kinda learnt partially my own way since i cut the time with my teacher short because i just wanted to leave China ASAP. Although a still mind (especially grounding) is required no closed eye time is really needed. Sure there are wonderful and great things i have experienced with my eyes closed, things i could never have imagined beforehand, but i see my great grandad sitting in his room alone watching tv most of his life and i think then is my opportunity to see beyond this world, now i should make the most of now.

At some point you will look back at the above statement and it will look like a past life from many years ago where you took a fork on the road - a clear headed completely logical fact based decision to take what turns out to be a long detour. You will come back to this fork and open your old tool kit - and you will look at some of the "corny" stuff that was so effective in bringing about your most valuable assets. Whole chunks of your story, your supporting arguments, your mindset will fall away.

Experienced as you seem in the energetic and spiritual i am sure you are right, but tied to as i am to the physical i see my opinions as they are now well placed. There is a time for everything and i feel i am living for now. I mean in no way to be judgemental, yet i feel you are caught up deeply in the grand scheme of things. Now is now and there is no escaping that fact. You are who you are and there is no escaping that either. If you chose to be 'I' as in the big 'I' then you are that, but at this moment you have the opportunity of being the physical body you have acquired - not through chance. You can and will be the big 'I' forever, but not the you as you are within your body. I feel one should celebrate the you but not forget the 'I'. Balance is always best, but best is not what we always want. There are no rules and there is no right and wrong in the energetic, but there sure is in the physical, and it is measured by advancement towards your aim.

You've really made me think, it's taken me a long time and i've REALLY enjoyed making this post. I can even feel your presence somewhat. A few bottles of homebrew where energetically and physically harmed in the making of this too! Thankyou! :)

• Like 1

Does anyone see any value in this?

I think our body talks to us. It tells us not only what's wrong physically, but more importantly, what's wrong psychically. I need to use a recent example of something that happened to my foot.

I got a painful bump under the big toe of my left foot. Then, around the same time, another painful area developed under the same foot, unrelated.

My first thought, as it usually is, is "Why am I manifesting this?" I started playing with the words....under foot. under foot. Aah! Underfoot! And then....under toe, under toe.....Aah! undertow! Was I manifesting something in my life that worked as an 'undertow' that was trying to pull me under in some way? There are several possible areas here in my life for me to examine to see if this is the case.

When I came to the realization to focus on several things in my life having to do with an undertow, both painful areas were resolved. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.

Edited by manitou

Does anyone see any value in this?

I think our body talks to us. It tells us not only what's wrong physically, but more importantly, what's wrong psychically. I need to use a recent example of something that happened to my foot.

I got a painful bump under the big toe of my left foot. Then, around the same time, another painful area developed under the same foot, unrelated.

My first thought, as it usually is, is "Why am I manifesting this?" I started playing with the words....under foot. under foot. Aah! Underfoot! And then....under toe, under toe.....Aah! undertow! Was I manifesting something in my life that worked as an 'undertow' that was trying to pull me under in some way? There are several possible areas here in my life for me to examine to see if this is the case.

When I came to the realization to focus on several things in my life having to do with an undertow, both painful areas were resolved. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.

I see value in that. I just usually go about it the other way. Bump under my right foot big toe, must be something wrong on the right side of my body, upper part near my head or neck according to body/feet relationship. Look in more deeply and play around with the energy there find out what is wrong and feel it relax / go back to how it should. Then i watch in the future to see when and what makes it go back to that wrong unrelaxed state and causes the pain in my foot again. Then i just try to change the way i react in that circumstance or try to avoid it completely.....if i can. Pretty much just examine it like you do and try to find a way through.

• Like 1

This is a perfect example of the type of 'psychic' healing that I'm talking about, beyond the physical. Why would someone keep stubbing their toe? (assuming no neurological disorder, etc). If we are "God" manifesting from the inside out (which I am fully convinced we are) then this would be an anomaly, to continually stub the toe. It's at this point that one should triangulate whatever else is happening in their life and see if there's a connection and a needed correction in behavior.

What does a stubbed toe represent? Bumping up repeatedly against a situation that is unwinnable the way you are currently approaching it? Letting outside thoughts have full sway in your mind so that you are reckless, not looking where you're going? Too obsessed with a particular situation and are manifesting the "insanity" of doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

I think there is a definite psychic dialogue going on between our outer manifestations and our inner thoughts. I think cancer is a good case in point; obsessing on something to the point where your thoughts and your body are being eaten alive by negativity, obsessive thoughts, or worry.

Edited by manitou