Sign in to follow this  
skydog

Indulging in Pleasure, rejecting pleasure and cruelty

blabla

Edited by sinansencer

Suppression or repression of a natural desire leads to stagnation and poor health. So it is best to manifest whatever one wishes. However, to avoid excess, which can also be harmful, then one can practice diversity. Many pursuits in life moderates each individual pursuit, thus moderation is naturally attained. To attempt to attain moderation via suppression is unhealthy since it is self-enforced stagnation.

Moderate flow yields healthy mind, body, spirit.

Eating delicious food is great. But eating too much causes one to become bloated, tired, inefficient and stagnant. It is such with all things.

My 2 cents, Peace

babiba

Edited by sinansencer

bo

Edited by sinansencer

ko

Edited by sinansencer

So, you are talking about sexual pleasures...... I think that's a whole new level of discussion here about retaining your jin energy by not leaking. Personally, the only pleasure I actually indulge myself in is photography. It isn't so much about the ego. It is more about indulging one's mind in the technology, old or new, in order to understand it to create beautiful photographs. Not sure it if is a bad thing. :) I have some literature on it written by Master Chia. Never really have the time to read it. Let's just say that my urge isn't that great that I need ways to retain my sexual energy while experiencing pleasures....:)

The old guy Freud had some things to suggest about pleasure.

My personal take is that it's very difficult to unknot.

--2cts--

• Like 1

sinansencer, stop depriving the world of your threads :P

Hahaha Ill try, also I was in a weird state of mind, I think it would of just made people depressed/overthink.

It was about pleasure and how often it involves a sense of aggression/violence/desire to be better depends on environment what determines pleasure.

But how living ones life trying not to have pleasure is kind of messed up

But I think K was correct Freud had all sorts of ideas on pleasure, i think its difficult to analyse/make an opinion on

Heres my message to More Pie Guy about it

I spent a couple of years being what I thought was extremely honest.

But in my opinion honesty includes taking into account others feelings, the feelings of the environment and speaking your heart not just the mind of the self image you believe you are eg a genuine fake as alan watts says. Also my intuition is quite strong, when I do things I often get strange feelings inside even if it it is just words on a screen.

Oh more thought I didnt mention was

You can heal with art.

It sounds bullshit, but I am sensitive and can feel the effect of putting stuff on paper, colours, emotions etc, and then ripping it up, If I put certain things online or on paper, Its like I can feel how blocked it makes me feel

It sounds bullshit, but I am sensitive and can feel the effect of putting stuff on paper, colours, emotions etc, and then ripping it up,

Why did you destroy your own creation?

I don't care how other people try to kill their own ego. I'm not a heartless asshole who try to kill someone or something that has sheltered me, feed me and kept me alive for al these years to its best ability. All I have is gratitude and love towards my ego if there is a such thing.

sinansencer, you're doing fine. Have a simple plan and follow through, you'll feel better.

• Like 1

Why did you destroy your own creation?

I don't care how other people try to kill their own ego. I'm not a heartless asshole who try to kill someone or something that has sheltered me, feed me and kept me alive for al these years to its best ability. All I have is gratitude and love towards my ego if there is a such thing.

sinansencer, you're doing fine. Have a simple plan and follow through, you'll feel better.

nah I didnt destroy my art it was in one of these art workshops I go to where you draw your fear (say of third eye opening) onto the page and rip it up, it has an energetic effect. Releases lots of pain and emotion for healing, shamans do this, kind of the same as Qigong.

Yeah I agree with your post, I made a post with your exact thoughts here. I agree. http://thetaobums.com/topic/27533-root-heart-and-intuitive-connected-living-spirituality-without-love/#entry414552

Cheers man, yeh, just stuff going through my head..Thanks for the post hope your good. :)

Edited by sinansencer

Sign in to follow this