voidisyinyang

Chunyi Lin will personally collect $1.5 million from Stiggy in Australia

The idea that people with chronic pain for over five years not treatable by Western medicine is just subjective when it is healed -- even though the top medical research says it's "very impressive."

So haha.

Yes the more subjective then the more effective the healing!

I've actually done Tai Chi demonstrations for the clients of my local hospitals chronic pain unit. Practicing Tai Chi is also effective at providing pain relief - pick a journal study of your choice or an anecdote as I've also personally experienced this when I used my Tai Chi from practice to help rehab my back injury. I had a L1 compression and was unable to stand on one leg and was taking Tramadol for the pain, but I was in much less pain than the clients of the chronic pain unit.

BTW I hope you are not laughing AT people, because that's not very nice.

I've actually done Tai Chi demonstrations for the clients of my local hospitals chronic pain unit. Practicing Tai Chi is also effective at providing pain relief - pick a journal study of your choice or an anecdote as I've also personally experienced this when I used my Tai Chi from practice to help rehab my back injury. I had a L1 compression and was unable to stand on one leg and was taking Tramadol for the pain, but I was in much less pain than the clients of the chronic pain unit.

BTW I hope you are not laughing AT people, because that's not very nice.

Mal you should get the shen laser transmission and then report your experience - just like the person did recently with Master Yuanming Zhang!

This shen laser transmission is very rare! Chunyi Lin does these transmissions.

EQT might have a role in the treatment of OA, but EQT healers are not equivalent.

Effects of External Qigong Therapy on Osteoarthritis of the Knee A Randomized Controlled Trial

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2582590/

I tweeted Bob Patterson who did an earlier study of Chunyi Lin but he was not happy with the methodology of the study.

Here is Bob Patterson doing an interesting analysis of scientific methodology of qigong research of Yan Xin:

http://strikingthoughts.wordpress.com/2009/07/02/scientific-qigong-exploration/

So here is a local news story on Chunyi Lin and chronic pain success with mention of pending science studies - this is back in the day -- early on:

Qi gong is popular but unproven treatment for many ills

http://www.startribune.com/stories/1557/2210509.html

Jill Burcum

Star Tribune

Jill Rivard of Hopkins suffered from a gnawing, aching pain in her right leg for years.

When traditional doctors couldn't help, Rivard turned to Chunyi Lin, a Chanhassen man who says he is a master of an ancient form of Chinese medicine called qi gong (pronounced chee-kung).

Qi gong practitioners believe that blockages in the body's natural energy flow cause sickness. The premise is that detecting and unblocking them promotes health.

Rivard, 53, sat quietly during her 20-minute session in Lin's study. With soft Chinese music playing, Lin passed his hands over Rivard's body without touching. This detects the blockages, Lin said. Then he made a series of quick, fluttering hand movements, which Lin said undid the blockages.

Rivard said she immediately felt some relief. She felt even better as she drove home. The pain was gone when she got to work the following morning, she said.

Time will really tell Rivard said. But it doesn't hurt at all and it had been incredibly painful.

Gaining respect

Although doctors say that qi gong's healing power hasn't been proven in clinical trials, it is gaining respect even in the world of Western medicine.

The National Institutes of Health's Center for Alternative Medicine recently began a study to see if qi gong can help people survive heart disease.

In Minnesota, HealthPartners internist Dr. Rolf Sigford is studying whether it can help lower blood pressure. Mayo Clinic hematologist Dr. Neil Kay is laying the groundwork for a study on whether qi gong can help patients with multiple myeloma and other hard-to-treat cancers.

Alternative-medicine clinics in the Twin Cities and elsewhere have embraced qi gong for several years. The Mind Body Spirit Clinic, a joint venture of Fairview Health Systems and the University of Minnesota, has several Chinese medicine practitioners on staff who do healing sessions or recommend qi gong movements that patients do themselves. Do-it-yourself qi gong also is prescribed for some patients at the Alternative Medicine Clinic at Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC).

The interest in this is really growing,said Pat Culliton, director of the Hennepin County clinic.

Although there's no way to tell how many people have turned to qi gong, Lin's crowded schedule is one indicator of its popularity. He does no advertising and health insurace doesn't cover his sessions, yet he typically sees about 80 people a week at his Chanhassen home. The next opening for a $90 individual session is at the end of June.

Qi gong classes taught by Lin at Anoka-Ramsey Community College in Coon Rapids for several years usually are full.

I see many people who have tried other things that have not worked. They believe they will try one other thing, and find that this can help them,Lin said.

Lin avoids the word cure, but says qi gong can help people with a variety of medical conditions -- from minor aches and pains to serious conditions such as heart disease, cancer, asthma and HIV. Many of his clients, he said, have avoided surgery or have recovered from serious medical conditions.

There are many different types of qi gong, according to Lin and other experts. All, however, are based on the ancient Chinese belief that the body contains channels of energy. When they are blocked, he said, the energy builds up like water behind a dam, resulting in damage and disease. Acupuncture is based on the same idea.

Healers like Lin, who studied with qi gong masters in his native China, believe they can detect blockages by passing their hands over the body. Lin's hands start to tremble when they encounter a body area that he says is blocked. Other hand movements, he added, cut through the blockage, pull out the excess energy and push back positive energy.

Lin and other qi gong practitioners also believe that people can maintain or unblock energy flow on their own by doing the movements with meditation. Lin teaches this in his class at Anoka-Ramsey and sells a qi gong videotape. Other practitioners teach the same ideas at the Mind Body Spirit Clinic and Pathways Health Crisis Resource Center in Minneapolis, which offers alternative health care at reduced cost to seriously ill people.

Some of those who have had sessions with Lin believe he saved their lives. Esther Trejo of St. Paul believes it helped her with breathing difficulties. Stacy Langager of Rockford, Minn., said sessions with Lin helped shrink breast tumors. Both are featured on Lin's videotape.

Debbie VonSpreecken, an Anoka-Ramsey business and office technology professor who lives in Andover, didn't suffer from a life-threatening disease. Her medical condition -- chronic back pain -- just made her miserable.

I had total pain relief. It was amazing, said VonSpreecken, who said she also believes Lin cured a relative of hers who had fibromyalgia, a mysterious and painful muscle condition.

Former TV anchor

Gary Rebstock, a former news anchor at KMSP-Ch. 9, thinks that sessions with Lin ended his back pain. Rebstock has studied with Lin. He said he has learned enough to help others with a variety of medical conditions.

Such stories are compelling, but physicians and alternative-medicine experts say more research is needed to prove that qi gong benefits people.

Lin and Rebstock said studies in Japan and China demonstrate qi gong's value. But relatively few studieshave appeared in Western medical journals.

A lot of people think this is worth testing, but the bottom line is that there is no hard Western-style evidence, at least in my opinion, that this can cure cancer or other diseases,said the Mayo Clinic's Kay, who does not currently recommend qi gong to his patients.

One unpublished study of Lin's healing sessions found no benefit to them. The study, involving just eight patients, was done in 1998 by Robert Patterson, a biomedical engineering professor at the University of Minnesota.

The patients, who had a condition called torticollis that causes painful spasms in the neck, did not improve enough from qi gong to forgo traditional treatments. Even Patterson was unsatisfied with the study's methods, and said he believes that qi gong may help ill people.

Like Kay, however, he thinks that until proven otherwise, qi gong's value lies in promoting a feeling of well-being and tranquillity rather than actually curing people.

That view is shared by alternative-medicine experts.

I've yet to see that data that it can cure you, but it's definitely going to make you feel better and improve your quality of life,said Culliton of HCMC.

Hilmar Wagner, clinic manager of the Mind Body Spirit Clinic, agreed. It helps people establish a routine that they would use to improve overall health, but the results are very individualistic. Some people believe it's a silver bullet, but it's not.

-- Jill Burcum is at [email protected] .

BTW Jill Rivard makes her living importing Australian plant extracts! haha. http://www.plantextractsinc.com/

Yeah I used to rely on tea tree oil as my antiseptic during my "O at a D" sessions with my stalker coworker. haha.

One night though she pushed me too hard and I ODd on the "O at a D" antiseptic. She left at 1:30 a.m. and soon after I passed out on the tea tree oil. When I woke up the next day I was still feeling the effects!

Tea tree oil works by activating the vagus nerve and an OD causes shut down of breathing.

My boss said I was not supposed to drink tea tree oil. I said -- well I know that's what Western medicine says - I've read all the Western medicine research on tea tree oil.

I didn't argue with her that the reason it's called tea tree oil is that traditionally it is imbibed and that's how James Cook's crew was saved of scurvy.

In the 1770s, the British explorer Captain Cook observed the native Australians brewing tea from the leaves. He then brewed tea of his own to give to his crew to prevent scurvy. He coined the name tea tree". (14)

http://www.etouchforhealth.com/news/capt_cook_preventive_health.html

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

http://stevevolk.com/archives/1040

The latest on why James Randy's "challenge" is fake science.

oh man he's got three blog posts on this.

The skeptical movement purports to guard the boundaries of science. The slogan employed by the Skeptics’ Guide is “Your escape to reality.” But in this encounter, reality was the victim. And I can only wonder if the population at large is as skeptical as it needs to be of a modern skeptical movement that has so much trouble seeing past its own worldview.

http://stevevolk.com/archives/1081

Spanking the Skeptics

so, ehh.... let me know how it goes...?

Sorry but I don't think any of the "skeptics" who practice Tai Chi in Australia will be attending! haha.

Yeah Chunyi Lin said he likes to start his day with Tai Chi but his focus is on qigong.

Hopefully someone on thetaobums in Australia will attend -- and give us stunning report backs just like with Master Zhang!!

Wow total tingles!

I close the screen -- open up netflix and click on the Wudang movie I'm watching.

This beautiful female kicking ass and the dude goes...

is that the technique of zhang sanfeng?

http://www.qigongmaster.com/masterzhang/index.php

Grandmaster Zhang is a descendant of Zhang Daoling, the founder of Celestial Master Daoism, who began the teachings of monastic martial arts atop Mt. Qingcheng. The teachings and techniques were passed down through successive generations to Zhang Sanfeng, the founder of Daoist Taiji, who coordinated many of the movements and techniques into forms and styles known today.

Do the various money-offering organisations know that Stig is baiting people with their money for his own project?

• Like 2

Do the various money-offering organisations know that Stig is baiting people with their money for his own project?

I got a reply from Rupert Sheldrake's research assistant stating she thought the qigong research looked great and she was passing it on to Rupert.

So I am not getting his free email news and maybe he will respond.

Yeah so then I sent the research assistant the links to the healing testimonials and the news coverage of the miracle healing. She said she would also send this to Rupert.

• Like 1