Sign in to follow this  
voidisyinyang

10 day non-demoninational silence meditation retreat doc in Alabama prison

A very powerful video. Everyone Bum here knows how powerful meditation can be. Glad to see it being shared with those whom perhaps need it most.

My 2 cents, Peace

watching this now.

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

I'm watching Burma VJ on netflix -- amazing doc on the monk uprising.

So I was cofounder of the Free Burma Coalition in Minnesota....

ummm.... so some of the meditation centers in Burma were recently built by slave labor so the military could try to attract Westerners seeking Buddhist meditation. Pretty twisted.

Anyway the military is into "power" yoga meditation while the democracy movement is into vipassana.

It's not that neither is right or wrong - just that like in Thailand the forest monks who get power fast from isolation and concentrated meditation - then the military regime in Thailand patronizes the forest monks to try to control them....

John Pilger's Burma doc is a great first overview on the military regime and democracy movement in Burma.

This VJ doc is the 2nd best I've seen on it.

I almost moved to Burma to become a monk but the school I was joining is a leader in charity work who collaborates with the military regime. So the democracy movement monks don't like him. So he focuses on the monks teaching English and doing charity work while I wanted to do meditation. But when Burma was hit with natural disaster then charity work took priority over the politics.

Sign in to follow this