silas

Taoist Third Eye Training?

Large_convex_lens2.jpg

now consider that in the context of the semiconductor nature of bone ;)

Edited by joeblast

I am researching the topic of 3rd eye. The few sources I've read speak of Buddhist 3rd eye. What is the Taoist equivalent?

You will not find a direct 3rd eye training approach in Taoism.

Infact people might get impatient with you - because there is inherent impatience in focusing on the 3rd eye alone.

Taoists belive that we need to purify and cleanse our whole system, then charge it, and then subtle anatomy - like the "3rd eye" will be operational.

If you just charge the third eye - your system is not prepared for it - you can have momentary visions - but the pressure in the head cooks the brain.

When the whole system is cleansed, purified, grounded and centered - the pressure will fill from the bottom up - so to speak - and the 3rd eye will have the "juice" to operate with your intent.

If you are keen on the 3rd eye, great, people may criticise that - but its just your desire to be reconnected with the greater you...but don't be hasty - be patient.

I'd suggest - inner smiling, sacred sounds, iron shirt, embracing the tree, fusion of the five elements through to kan & li - to take the taoist route.

Other systems dont see it that way - like kriya yoga - which opens the third eye - with that focus.

The taoists are about immortality of the spirit - and thus the physical body is the foundation - and just doing 3rd eye training is ignoring the whole system that supports it.

I know because i cooked my brain - and could see anything anywhere with the 3rd eye - but the day long migraine is counter productive.

Hence rooting from the ground up first.

• Like 2

From Silas:

<<[quote

name=silas" post="412421" timestamp="1362693593]>>Lets say you awaken the 3rd eye - or someone were to do it for you - it will be of little use to you and it may make you go mad if you have not worked on the qualities mentioned above. You cannot "see" from judgement, you cannot "know' from projection, you cannot see "what cannot be", and you cannot see what will make you run from and hide. You will not be able to "be" with a "seeing" - at once you will categorize and in that instant it will be gone.

This is an interesting comment. You are saying that if someone is able to open the 3rd eye, what they see will polarize them, will make them "categorize", and so violates the Principle of Equivalance or Non-Distinction.

>> end quote

-----------

Be very careful when you say "You are saying".

You are very much incorrect in your assertion that this is what I have said.

Re read what I said until you see that it is not what I said.

Edited by Spotless

Their is extensive opportunity to learn to use clairvoyance -it is different than what I consider the third eye though that probably should have been stated many posts ago.

The brow chakra can attain clairvoyance and their are many trainings out there for this.

If your training includes headaches and strain then it is an improper methodology or you are not doing it correctly.

It requires no "charging", no "intense focus" (actually intense focus is problematic).

"Effort" is one of the biggest setbacks to development of this ability - in other words "effort in the head".

It does not require "great mental concentration".

The key ingredients are neutrality and practice.

The idea of neutrality may seem easy and it is in a certain sense - it is much easier to "be in neutrality" than to stop ones thoughts in the general sense. In a deeper sense learning / becoming neutrality is one of the greatest achievements a human can attain.

One must attain a degree of noise reduction from the head - pain in the head can come from trying to force things while walling off the noise aspect. "Willing" this is kids play and cumbersome to say the least as well as painful.

If you have been practicing this and you associate the practice with pain - it is unfortunate - pain is not required any more than learning to drive requires one to bash into many other cars in the process.

The idea of "charging up the third eye" is playing with madness - we certainly see it here from time to time.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3