skydog

Fear of leaving the body

I can get into the zen mind easily somedays when I pay a bit more attention to it or whatever.

And I noticed I can get into that state of no mind during sleep so awareness during sleep, I used to do this during sleeping Qigong with awareness on lower dan tien.

However last time this happened I started seeing lots of flashes of light over my third eye and feeling tense like im about to take off, and started getting a strong fear as if something bad was going to happen.

Is this fear of leaving the body/astral projection? Is this to be overcome?

i get this in deep meditation, i always get scared as soon as i get to it and my body jerks violently and i come back to normal consciousness

i get this in deep meditation, i always get scared as soon as i get to it and my body jerks violently and i come back to normal consciousness

I get the massive body jerks but I'm not scared.

I can get into the zen mind easily somedays when I pay a bit more attention to it or whatever.

And I noticed I can get into that state of no mind during sleep so awareness during sleep, I used to do this during sleeping Qigong with awareness on lower dan tien.

However last time this happened I started seeing lots of flashes of light over my third eye and feeling tense like im about to take off, and started getting a strong fear as if something bad was going to happen.

Is this fear of leaving the body/astral projection? Is this to be overcome?

The short answer is yes, but not through gritty determination, rather you need to fully relax. If you have ever experienced "sleep paralysis" or waking up and being unable to move, you will understand where the fear comes from. It has to do with the instinctual avoidance of vulnerability due to the loss of voluntary body/mind. Also the sensations can be very intense during an experience of the dissolution of waking consciousness, energetically speaking. It is not quite an experience of death per se, but since it is not part of the ordinary waking mind's functions, it may seem that way at first. Once you go through it a few times, that basic animal fear will go away. Just be gentle with yourself, the tension you are feeling is your resistance to this process. Let that energy fully unfold instead of grabbing it with your muscles.

There will be other obstacles, but if this is happening to you without your deliberate seeking for it, you may have a natural talent and therefore I would advise you to work with it.

• Like 2

To whom do these thoughts arise? Surrender everything. Fear or not, the body will soon be discarded. With palms wide open, let her in, let her transform you. You are not the body.

If you leave the body, it's best to protect it in some way....but better still not to leave the body at all. Better to cultivate awareness and presence of every cell, and then expand that awareness, until you are aware of your destination. That way you never abandon your body...and you maintain simultaneous embodiment, while journeying to wherever or whomever you wish...

If you leave the body, it's best to protect it in some way....but better still not to leave the body at all

According to both New Age and Vajrayana models, people naturally do this stuff when they sleep.

Edited by alwayson

not just New Age and Vajrayana models, Hindu, Bonpo, Xhosa, Shipibo, Shuar, Taoist, Sufi, Masonic(roots of new age), ancient Egyptian, Polynesian, and there's probably a lot more models that could be added to that list.

Edited by Xienkula1

not just New Age and Vajrayana models, Hindu, Bonpo, Xhosa, Shipibo, Shuar, Taoist, Sufi, Masonic(roots of new age), ancient Egyptian, Polynesian, and there's probably a lot more models that could be added to that list.

Then why are you fear mongering?

This is your fear mongering:

If you leave the body, it's best to protect it in some way....but better still not to leave the body at all.