Sign in to follow this  
lazysamadhi

Silencing Your Mind

Hey all, I am a bit underweight, extremely lazy but I don't eat too much. I don't smoke, don't drink, no drugs, no sex either but I have no idea why I sleep so much all the time.

Also, I am trying to learn the art of silencing your mind through meditation or wu wei. Some elder recommended this website to me and I hope to refine the art of silent meditation.

I used to have trouble keeping my mind silent especially during meditation. Experience a bit of improvement over the past few weeks. Dec 21 energies helping me out? Anyway, I am trying to stay silent and aware in my mind 24/7 now. This is the hard part. Anyone can point out any threads to me on staying silent and aware 24/7, i would thank you very much.

Umm.. that is all.

Edited by lazysamadhi

I'm new so I don't have any insight as to threads about awareness for you yet. I can tell you that being lazy can cause you to sleep too much. Get out. Do something. Get some fresh air!

I used to have trouble keeping my mind silent especially during meditation. Experience a bit of improvement over the past few weeks. Dec 21 energies helping me out? Anyway, I am trying to stay silent and aware in my mind 24/7 now. This is the hard part. Anyone can point out any threads to me on staying silent and aware 24/7, i would thank you very much.

Umm.. that is all.

Welcome on board.

Did you realize that you just asked the core question of any estoric religion: how to kill the mind?

If you can silence your mind for a second, you become enlighted, so they say.

Edited by sinansencer

As you watch your thoughts - see if they have a theme - are they like tapes playing over and over?

The ego / people are for the most part "trying to die" - we are constantly putting our stake in the ground and taking a position.

We can take a position on our diet, politics, cars, pollution, "the children", poor, rich, clean, dirty, art, proper spelling, immigrants - the list is endless. See if these are habituations for you - or rather - see which ones have become habituations - "your position". Drop them - do not feed them - when you read about them - leave the words on the page.

Do not judge yourself as "lazy" - what a phenomenally simple assesment of your spotless and untouched being.

Try to go to sleep only after you have prepared to sleep. Go to sleep on thoughts that you would like to carry with you to sleep.

Take care not to go to sleep having freshly indulged in any of your positions.

It was once my position that I would die if my parents did not give me a certain toy - I defended my position and I was absolutely correct in my assesment - with the exception that within a week I was not interested in the toy at all.

Allow yourself to not be in a position - neutrality - see what arises in you regarding judgement - it does not reside in a state of no inertia. What inertia do you have that reacts? That reaction is based in a position you have taken.

You may notice that it is possible to assess a situation and make an adjustment/decision without having to hear a justification discussion going on in your head. Discontinue justification discourse.

Consider something like Qi Gong as a practice - it can be among many things - a mechanical means to clean and refresh your space from habituation of energy. We tend to dwell in certain areas of our energetic menu and habituate to those areas, those frequencies.

Fasting is also a great mechanical way to re-calibrate to our natural state - and it is also a vacation for your body. It is not at all stressful - it is the opposite of stressfull - except perhaps for the ego and all of its habituations.

If your media is on the radio or TV - switch to streaming. You can go to sleep listening to one of the relatively many conscious teachers now available world wide for free 24/7 on youtube. Tolle and Mooji to name two. Pandora allows for ad-free - banter free music choices.

If you have the space to sleep and read and practice - do so - it will be time extremely well spent. All the world makes the judgement that you must take a position, you must hold up your flag, you must go out into the world and make something of yourself. It is like the patriot that needs a war.

Taking "a position" is dying - truly sleeping - it is a very powerful drug. You are already on it and trying to wake up from it.

At some point you will look up and find the flag you are holding has no meaning for you - like the child who will die if it does not get the toy. "You must go out into the world" - among the snoring masses - ? It is true you need to live - but in the big picture:

Would it not be so bad if you emerged from your time with yourself having used it to know yourself?

There is no future - their is now - choose to end the noise within and you will be the spotless being that you are. Like a ball held underwater - when the silence begins the you will emerge. When the noise ceases - you will splash to the top and attain what the whole world is waiting for.

In your meditation - break past the 40 minute barrier - try to go an hour or more. Get some 4 and 5 hour sessions behind you.

If the doorbell rings - answer it and then go back to your meditation. Get up to go to the bathroom. Have tea or water at your side. Meditation is not torture - set aside any thoughts of this - meditation does not require a perfect situation - if you are meditating it is already "perfect".

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Don't concern yourself with silencing your mind.

Work on relaxing your mind, silence will come as a result.

Remember the old Suzuki Roshi quote about thoughts; It's ok the have thoughts, just don't invite them in for tea!

• Like 1

Drop your story - as you meditate, at some point whole chunks of you will fall away. You will not release them, it is not something you "do".

Drop your story - see it as the last lifetime - do you pine after your previous lives? Do you still want to get paid for those goats Yoretog stole from you in the ancient forests of neverland?

You lose nothing - you gain everything - you will not be missed - you will only be more.

Where you have skin in the game - do not feed the habit - breath in the present moment - nothing needs to be fixed or healed - you are spotless - untouched - you have no stain upon you.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this