Sign in to follow this  
Lindelani Mnisi

Tensed

I recently started to notice that I always have my muscles tensed and I was hoping someone could suggest a good chi kung exercise for me to google and do. Thanks in advance

I'm right there with ya, there are some muscles I've got that are always tense. A lot of it has to do with my health issues. I've found the body scanning from B.K. Frantzis' Water method material to be quite helpful. If you're looking for something without Señor Frantzis then I'd say Feldenkrais Method or Hanna Somatics (pretty much the same things) would be the thing to do.

Do some basic Yoga every morning (sun salutations), this will loosen you up enormously. Also if you have the money for it get a massage once a week. Also practice correct posture. All of the knots we have in our muscles are caused by ourselves.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Knowing is half the battle as GI Joe used to say (too old for most of you?..). Seriously. If you're noticing that you're tense, you're becoming more aware of your body. It took me a long time to realize that I've been walking around half my adult life with tense shoulders, clenching my jaw.

Tons of things I do, I'm tensing up muscles that have nothing to do with that activity. I'm getting way better at realizing when I'm tense, and making myself relax. It takes some time.

Just don't get more tense because you've just realized you're tense and that upsets you because you've been working on relaxing. It'll happen, if you want it to, but sometimes slowly.

I'd say any and all of this cultivation stuff will do the trick. All of it requires relaxing. All of it requires paying enough attention to your body to know what's tense and what isn't. Then you just work on relaxing it...and be patient.

• Like 1

I recently started to notice that I always have my muscles tensed and I was hoping someone could suggest a good chi kung exercise for me to google and do. Thanks in advance

Agreed with "I am". your bodilyt awareness it expanding!

"Yoga Nidra" in the Shavasana position.

I have practiced Yoga nidra for a long time, and I discovered that it wasnot very good to me. Maybe its because of my constitution, but it seemed that my awareness would always get lost in a region around my head and my bodily consciousness would suck.

For me, the best relaxation technique is standing up.my bodies own weight will help to "synchronize" your mental body and actual physicall body, grounding it. maybe you can try Savasana and the standing relaxation, see for yourself which one suits best..

the relaxation technique that I practice is Shou Yu Liang's "Basic Relaxation Technique", exposed in his book "wigong the way of Power". once you get the technique, practice it every day, with time you will be able to lossen up the muscles.

There is alot of phychological and phychical blockages associated with those key muscles.

good luck

Sign in to follow this