Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan

can it become stagnate?

If the state of truth is perfection, and perfection is a pursuit and not a destination...

What happens when one arrives at the state of prusuing perfection? Is that stagnancy if one arrives at this state and remains there?

If the state of truth is perfection, and perfection is a pursuit and not a destination...

What happens when one arrives at the state of prusuing perfection? Is that stagnancy if one arrives at this state and remains there?

I think it all depends on the level of perfection that the person is in pursuit. In addition, it also depends on the intelligence and ability of the person and how to get there. However, if a person does not yield to any obstruction by not making changes or corrections due to stubbornness, stupidity and ignorance, then the answer would be yes. It is stagnancy.

I think the active side of pursuing perfection is impeccability Perfection may well be a destination - impeccability is the practice we need to follow to achieve perfection. Impeccability with our thoughts, our words, our deeds; it is through impeccability that clarity is achieved.

I'm not sure I'm one of those who subscribes to the theory that 'heck, we're human, we're not perfect, so why try?' I think maybe the end result of our evolution is for individual perfection after all. If we take the words of Jesus (I see him as an enlightened one) he tells us to 'be ye therefore perfect'. I've read the same in occult Yogi literature and other works within other traditions. I'm not sure this quest for perfect alignment with the life-force isn't what this is all about. I can't imagine it becoming stagnant.

I think this is a really good question, and I think the title of the thread doesnt fo it justice so it is drifting down the pages un noticed. ;)

Not that I know what its like in a state of perfection.. but I'd like to hear what FuYue, VMarco and deci and taoiseasy etc have to say about it.

It cant be stagnation, because stagnation doesnt equal perfection.

it must be live and responsive and ever renewing each moment. Sounds good, dont it? :)

That which is true.. is already ..perfectly.. whatever it is

There is no pursuit of it

everything is already true

only with imagination and expectation are things untrue

So I feel this question has a faulty premise.

Removing , if one can, expectations and valuations

allows one to see that which IS really the case

and what really is the case, or situation is not stagnant

because time passes

We get older , trends play themselves out , new considerations

arise on thier own..

Aiming for a dynamic equilibrium, a homeostasis, is also not stagnation.

This is my opinion , and it may not fit with the idea you may have

that a particular perfected state exists apart from everthing else ,

and it can be tapped or met or experienced , if one does 'certain' things...

and in that case 'nevermind'

But Im just saying that a shirt with ,or without, a mustard stain is already perfect

the question to address is whether one accepts the mustard as well as the homogenaity of the washed shirt as being perfect.

Stosh

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

as long as your moving in a direction your not stagnant! but you must also realize that perfection is an idea! and some ideals can be acheived in one lifetime and some may take many! and in your pursuit sooner or later you will arrive at your destination, in this life time or another.