eye_of_the_storm

Sorry, you don't have permission for that! [#10246.1] This member is no longer active.

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

[#10246.1]

This member is no longer active.

///

I have had a few likes... I click to see who these people are... not having seen their names before...

and I receive this message ^

Any guesses most welcome :)

Double Happiness!!

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

can you give more details: are you actually clicking "like this" or are you hovering over and clicking specific member names?

sean

Hello Sean,

It is when I click some people who have liked my posts...

not many but a few people - I can't access them through member search either and have never seen these people post before.

It says they are no longer active... though after reading that message I have seen them like other posts... so something is active.

1 example

tesiunseHot

/// It is no problem... I just thought it curious

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

That error number is from trying to access a member who is banned, only admin or mods would be able to access it, not general users... hence the "no permissions"

it's pretty rare for a real person to actually get the status "banned" "suspended from posting" is much more commonly used.

So I'd be guessing there are some 'bots that are now programmed to like posts. Was no fun at all few years back when 'bots worked out how to post an introduction then spam the main forum with adverts.

I see they are even passing "Turning tests" now http://singularityhub.com/2012/10/08/turing-test-prize-has-two-winners/ I'd hope to see true AI in my lifetime, which would be really cool.

(While I never actually got to use them I was taught to program using punch cards at Uni !)

Edited by Mal Stainkey

hey, yes, it appears these errors relate to members flagged as spammers by mod team.

sean