skydog

Water Therapy

I used to do this until I read some chinese book on diet saying how too much water is bad for you, anyways I feel like doing this again, my breakfast will be porridge with mixed seeds and honey and fruit/vegetable smoothie

I copied this article

Water has always been in the center of our lives and is a symbol of life itself. We use it to clean, cook, generate power; we even fill up mattresses with it (and sometimes, balloons). We use water for almost everything, so it’s no surprise that water is a crucial element in traditional remedies, when treating illnesses, and also as a form of therapy.

Using water as therapy was practiced during ancient Greece and Rome, and continues to be used in traditional Chinese and Indian medicine today. In Japan and India, the simple act of drinking quantified amounts of water on an empty stomach, is a famous form of water therapy that has been the “go-to” health solution and lifestyle choice for decades.

So perhaps youth isn’t found in an elusive fountain after all, but straight from your kitchen tap?

Is water all it takes?

Apparently so. Instructions are as follows: drink four to six 160ml glasses of water in the morning immediately after waking (you can brush your teeth after), and do not consume anything else – food or drink – for the next hour. After 15 minutes of having your first meal, do not drink or eat anything else for the next two hours. Alcoholic drinks cannot be consumed the night before (and that’s a strict order).

As simple (and cheap) as this form of therapy may sound, four to six glasses is a lot – that’s a quart of H2O. Or 1.5 liters. Or three standard-sized bottles of drinking water. Quite a few will find this a challenge at first, and you are allowed to start by drink four glasses first, then waiting two minutes before drinking the fifth, and another two minutes before drinking the last. You may also find that you will need to empty your bladder quite a few times during the next hour, but in due time, this will lessen.

Instructions on water therapy are pretty specific even if the actual therapy is simple! Take for example the following therapy durations for some common ailments:

• constipation (10 days)
  • gastritis (10 days)
  • high blood pressure (30 days)
  • diabetes (30 days)

Does water therapy make sense?

It’s been proven that water flushes out toxins and hydrates your organs (particularly your kidneys and colon) so that they perform better. See it as quenching some serious internal thirst so that your body (your temple) can operate without the stress and strain of having to battle toxins throughout the day.

The benefits of water don’t stop there. Think of all the ads and articles that you’ve seen or read, highlighting the importance of hydration for better skin, increased metabolism, weight loss and even mental clarity. Also recall the time someone said to you “Make sure you drink lots of water!” when you were last ill. There has to be some truth to that!

Thoughts, anyone experienced similar, if no experience has been had please retain an open mind before posting and judging, thanks..

I've read good things about it and tried it for a couple of days years ago. Keep the water luke warm. Some people will put a small piece of ginger or lemon in to give a tiny flavor and extra umph. I'd recommend keeping close to a toilet for the first 20 minutes, lots of action there :).

• Like 1

thanks good tips actually i think i did close to everyday for months at a time lol

slightly off topic but i dig hydrotherapy. every shower i take i blast the cold water at the end, and try to only use lukewarm to start with. tons of benefits, physical and psychological. read about it on a kudalini crisis site. it was talking about reducing victim mentality

• Like 2

slightly off topic but i dig hydrotherapy. every shower i take i blast the cold water at the end, and try to only use lukewarm to start with. tons of benefits, physical and psychological. read about it on a kudalini crisis site. it was talking about reducing victim mentality

me too. I'm working up to long and cold.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the BP from plastic is a legit concern..?

noticable difference for me. i got glass water bottles and a brita pitcher and now sink and water fountains taste like crap to me. they make cool grippy glass water bottles, but after i bought them i realized i could have just bought a kombucha drink at the store and used the glass bottle for water and had a 2$ bottle. Reckon you could use any glass bottle from a drink, just check the plastic ratings on the caps as those are plastic. Then get a cloth thick water bottle holder with a strap and it wont break

if you are gunna stick with plastic, make it one with a generally safer plastic rating and keep it out of the sun. i think the color of the bottle matters too, i stuck with dark colors when i did plastic. but like i said plastic sucks, tastes bad.

Edited by Flolfolil

A steel thermos flask and (UK) tap water.

Our tap water is far purer and more regularly quality checked than even the most expensive bottled waters which, apart from in places where tap water is unsafe; is a complete waste of money.

Edited by GrandmasterP

A steel thermos flask and (UK) tap water.

Our tap water is far purer and more regularly quality checked than even the most expensive bottled waters which, apart from in places where tap water is unsafe; is a complete waste of money.

Are you really sure about that one mate? I use filtered water and bless it, but each to their own, im just pretty sure normal tap water is rubbish?

Tap water is when they take dirty water unfit for anyone, pump it full if deadly chemicals and pronounce it safe for all- quote from an old well driller.

I use a water pitcher for mine and chlorine filtering shower head, but think I might start making some road trips to check out some springs.

• Like 1

Are you really sure about that one mate? I use filtered water and bless it, but each to their own, im just pretty sure normal tap water is rubbish?

When we lived in London the tale was that every glass of London Water had been through five Londoners already so we filtered it.

These days, fluoride excepted, which filters don't remove anyhoo; tap water is good anywhere in the UK and especially good here in the East Midlands.

I'm going to make some of you ecstatically happy and some of you grudgingly miserable in a moment. (Imitating life, they call it.) Here goes:

http://www.findaspring.com/

Through this site, I found a local source of deep artesian water (SoCal tap water is impossible to drink, unlike, e.g., water in NYC. Aside from all health considerations, some municipal water just tastes like punishment for our collective sins.) The artesian watering hole in our proximity provides absolutely the best water I've ever had in this country. It is unadulterated, nothing is done to it. I couldn't believe that I lived close to the source for a few years and didn't know it existed. It's a small private affair, they keep the price low for reasons I don't want to know so as not to jinx my luck (some of the sources I referenced above are outright free, or at least used to be the last time I looked), and I wish those of you who will try to locate a similar deal similar luck. :)

• Like 2

I'm going to make some of you ecstatically happy and some of you grudgingly miserable in a moment. (Imitating life, they call it.) Here goes:

Curse you Tucson! Of course i have to live in a desert town with no awesome water source. Great post though!

Well guys, since reading this thread I've been making daily hikes up the mountain spring and collecting 3-4l of ice filtered water myself. Drinking this water alone is already having some pretty amazing effects and I can't stand bottled or tap water anymore. Ugh!

Anyway, today I went out and bought a ton of distilled water to do my morning flush with. Seems to make way more sense to use distilled for this as the idea is to flush out any excess sodium, potassium and other toxins held in the kidneys. I realize there could be a danger of creating an electrolyte imbalance so I will be supplementing this with some amount of my speing water.

Doesn't make any sense to me that the water therapy would work with tap water... You'd just be loading yourseld with chlorine and possibly fluoride depending on where you live. Thoughts?

• Like 1

If you could find good spring mountain water you <& Taomeow> are way ahead of us. When I did water therapy I'd fill a small pitcher with filtered tap water over night. That took care of the chlorine, but not fluoride. I've heard different things about distilled water. It tends to shoot right through you, which can be good or bad. I certainly don't think using it a few times for a flush is bad, but you might want to do research before using it every time. Too much of a good thing..maybe.

I think I read at least one tradition recommended adding a few grains of rice to remineralize it a bit for longer time use.

Edited by thelerner

Just a random thought, feel free to show me how Im wrong, but I had spring water in the himalayas in India along with a bad stomach afterwards, what about all the rats and poo (yeh Im being graphic) but is it really really pure or does one think its pure, I mean I hope your getting real pure water.

I think that drinking any kind of water from India would be a bad idea. :D

Just a random thought, feel free to show me how Im wrong, but I had spring water in the himalayas in India along with a bad stomach afterwards, what about all the rats and poo (yeh Im being graphic) but is it really really pure or does one think its pure, I mean I hope your getting real pure water.

lol they told me it was fine it was fine people drink that and its very good for you, but foreigners might have to spend time adapting and then if they find it doesnt gel with them stop....

Yeh I think your probably right.

Welp, I may have been on to something with the distilled water. The weird thing is that I distinctly recalled reading that one must use distilled water to do water therapy, even though it's not written anywhere. Guess it's just my body asking for me to flush out all the calcified waste. :)

I encourage you guys to do your research and try it out!

http://aquariusthewaterbearer.com/the-truth.html

edit: some counter-evidence saying moderation with distilled water is best: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070727121004AAVRfXf

edit#2: ^^^ that Yahoo link is exactly what was discussed in the first link as being a conspiracy against distilled water....

Can someone smarter than me please look into this?

Edited by CrunchyChocolate555

Through this site, I found a local source of deep artesian water (SoCal tap water is impossible to drink, unlike, e.g., water in NYC. Aside from all health considerations, some municipal water just tastes like punishment for our collective sins.) The artesian watering hole in our proximity provides absolutely the best water I've ever had in this country. It is unadulterated, nothing is done to it. I couldn't believe that I lived close to the source for a few years and didn't know it existed. It's a small private affair, they keep the price low for reasons I don't want to know so as not to jinx my luck (some of the sources I referenced above are outright free, or at least used to be the last time I looked), and I wish those of you who will try to locate a similar deal similar luck. :)

There's one listed on there that I've seen on some drives for quite some time now. Just a half-hour away from my house. I've been wondering about it for a long time. Will have to check it out. Thanks!

It nice that we can complain about tap water, because it has chlorine and some other stuff in it. Compared to what many people on this earth are faced with drinking, our tap water must seem like the most pure thing on earth.

Welp, I may have been on to something with the distilled water. The weird thing is that I distinctly recalled reading that one must use distilled water to do water therapy, even though it's not written anywhere. Guess it's just my body asking for me to flush out all the calcified waste. :)

I encourage you guys to do your research and try it out!

http://aquariusthewaterbearer.com/the-truth.html

edit: some counter-evidence saying moderation with distilled water is best: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070727121004AAVRfXf

edit#2: ^^^ that Yahoo link is exactly what was discussed in the first link as being a conspiracy against distilled water....

Can someone smarter than me please look into this?

Wow. Right above all the reasons why you should drink your own pee.

Well, I'm pretty open minded. But I'd say from this stuff...probably what they can all agree on is that going with strictly distilled water for up to but no more than two weeks at a time, is probably ok. I might try just distilled water for a few days and if anything happens. :)

edit: going off topic, I think people are merely seeking preferences and healthier lifestyles here.

Edited by sinansencer

edit: going off topic, I think people are merely seeking preferences and healthier lifestyles here.

So they are. Why do you say "merely," though?