Sign in to follow this  
stefos

Proper communication to & attraction towards women: a spiritual dilemma...

Hi everyone,

I've never posted on this sub-forum.

I just wanted to know how you view the above issue. (See topic title)

Here's my background:

I happen to be a Christian who has received Guru yoga empowerment along with other Dzogchen empowerments and who has had some very uncommon experiences spiritually speaking which I believe are due to the reintegration of dissipated energy via different meditative practices.

In relating with the opposite sex, I don't desire to control or manipulate or use anyone.

I speak plainly, openly and honestly. I also have never taken advantage of someone when they were emotionally "down" or vulnerable.

So, Here's my situation/perception:

I don't drink alcohol, nor do I visit dance clubs at all. I also do not go to singles dances or strange things like that.

Where I live in the United States offers no real common ground for meeting singles, much much less spiritual singles.

I see a beautiful woman and I say "Wow, she's nice looking..beautiful" whatever the phrase might be. I don't approach her...ever.

I think that my perceptions both from a Christian & Dzogchen perspective are making me leery of getting involved with women due to the obvious fact that each spiritual path has certain injunctions, per se, revolving around worldview/perception (by itself) & morals (by itself) & the two's interconnection as well.

I also personally believe that my current financial situation is such that a great majority of women would not be attracted to someone who is not "mid career" or who isn't on the up & up insofar as a great financial position is concerned.

So, How does one who is spiritual (me that is) express an attraction to the opposite sex while maintaining one's moral beliefs?

In a world where relativism is growing more and more, I want to stand for that which is right and moral, considering women as I would myself.

Comments please!

They are appreciated.

stefos

Edited by stefos

Meetup.com perhaps you can find like minded women at spiritual kind of events..

Meetup.com perhaps you can find like minded women at spiritual kind of events..

You're right...Thank you!

Besides, eharmony.com is expensive and kind of removed also.

stefos

Christian mingle. Also, get to know people in a church you go to.

Christians as well as other types of spiritual people, I think, tend to have an extremely hard time in the typical dating scene.

Christian mingle. Also, get to know people in a church you go to.

Christians as well as other types of spiritual people, I think, tend to have an extremely hard time in the typical dating scene.

Hi turtle shell,

Thanks for responding.

Yes, I believe your right.

The issue is:

I want to make sure that I treat all women with dignity.

Not only that, but I'm sexual (heterosexual) & I desire to express that properly and not in sleeping around.

In the U.S., many people profess that they "I believe in God" however when pressed they are ignorant.

Furthermore, when I speak with people about Buddhism, they think either "Shaolin Temple" or "Dalai Lama" with no understanding behind the spreading of Buddhism into China & Tibet respectively nor do they care really (in a non malignant way.)

So, yes. There is a particular cost in being an actual follower of Jesus or of the Buddha when you have to live & walk it out.

Lastly, I notice a kind of blind spot when it comes to women in general that needs to be mindfully addressed:

With women, in my experience, very, very few will "love" a man if he isn't "established" or "has his stuff together," whatever that truly means! LOL Actually, it's understanable but it seems to be a deep rooted fear of not being able to live, etc. etc.

This doesn't mean that I'm not mindful of money and spending and food & clothing, etc. It means that I have to own my actions which include spending.

Let me illustrate maybe:

Ex.

Christians are suppose to work & trust God in everything, money included and not worry & fret to include the "career" and making lots of money.

Buddhists are supposed to understand the nature of Samsara, the nature of Dukkha, impermanence, and Annatta to include a "career" and making a lot of money.

The problem is properly understanding life, death & the meaning of it all...the "point" in other words. Keeping things in context.

If these ladies were interested in truly walking with me, in a committed relationship, then they would understand and live their Christianity or Buddhism while not pushing that I be like a non-Christian or a non-Buddhist.

stefos

• Like 1

I don't drink alcohol, nor do I visit dance clubs at all. I also do not go to singles dances or strange things like that.

Where I live in the United States offers no real common ground for meeting singles, much much less spiritual singles.

I see a beautiful woman and I say "Wow, she's nice looking..beautiful" whatever the phrase might be. I don't approach her...ever.

Hey man, that is actually very common. Most people don't know this, but getting a bit of anxiety or hesitation before approaching a woman is something that happens to almost all men that didn't lose their virginity before 14.

Most people don't realize either, that you can approach a girl almost anywhere. Remember, God helps those who help themselves :D -

It sounds like you might also be interested in longer term relationships

Edited by Immortal4life

If a girl is interested in you, attracted to you, and believes you are an alpha male, you could be surprised by what she might try ;) or might get interested in.

Sign in to follow this