Sign in to follow this  
suninmyeyes

Bushmen healing dance documentary

I would have to witness to believe that Chunyi Lis heart stopped for 1 and half hours and he was active. However I have learnt by now never to say never at the same time.

Dont know much about him ,but so far he seems as if he shares a lot of good stuff with people and I liked some videos of his.

...Yeah he just died after getting pneumonia and he had lots of students that he was teaching -- too much teaching and not enough meditation in solitude to build up his energy. So the paradox is the more power you have the less ego a person can have.

The hard bit is to be able to contain the power , becouse to do so all the leaks must be repaired , so much underlying fear must be made homless. Fear links to fear in all diferrent shapes and forms , sometimes very decieving.

I suppose if a person is a healer on regular basis s/he must be replenshing themself regulary plus also nature has her ways. I dont know Master Nan -- just heard his name before once or twice.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Nzghw1LTqfw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNzghw1LTqfw&gl=GB

Easy peesy.

No one can actually completely stop their heart from beating but faking it is one of the oldest tricks in the book.

Don't know the guy claiming to be able to do it but do know that he's a magician.

Cultivators should be able to slow their heart beat down though in fact even if you don't consciously wish to do that it's interesting to check radial pulse before and after cultivating a set.

Yet ,there has been people witnessing heart beat stopping on many occassions when people are in deep meditation states -- this is according to some happening during Nirvakalpa Samadhi . In that state a person must be brought back to physical realm, becouse according to Yogic scriptures a person will depart /die after 21 days in that state, unless there is some duty to fulfill .

Many claim to have acheived Nirvakalpa Samadhi stage, but I think it is not so common.

Have never heard of someone actually going about doing their stuff without heartbeat. Siiting/lying down yes as this is meant to be deep nondual state.

Yes GP in most cases heartbeat slows right down , but does not dissapear.

Edited by suninmyeyes

I only just watched that video.

I find it interesting that they dance around a fire, fire being an element to cleanse. Today I felt like I was literally white fire, still feel it.

Also how they naturally make music through songs and the instruments on their ankles.

Also how the person woke up with a twisted neck that became healed giving "powers."

And how the longer you dance apparantely the more power you get I also find this. I remember reading about zhuang zhang (I prefer this kind of thing though to be honest) how they were said to make extreme progress doing 5 hours a day all in a row everyday for a month would open their channels.

Also I found it interesting how the shaman dances WITH the people...

Edited by sinansencer

Four minutes with heart stopped and brain damage ensues and prior to that the person has collapsed.

You'll never beat the autonomic system, it works on its own, mind has little or no say in what it gets up to.

Very slow heartbeat, for sure...stopped heart and walking about....never ( unless technically dead and being a ghost).

Yeah I'm listening to this again (below) It's a 45 minute meditation talk by Chunyi Lin qigong master. This is free to listen to if you register for the international guild membership. Some of their links were hacked by viruses but the international guild membership link is good. https://www.sfqguild.com/ to quote the details for you all. You might not even have to register. Chunyi Lin in this talk focuses on the Emptiness even beyond the heart love -- for the first time that I've noticed. http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2012/10/chunyi-lins-new-international-guild.html I blogged on this when I first heard it:

Is Chunyi Lin describing going beyond the stopping of his heart? He is! First it beat faster and faster and then stopped completely.

I gave him this information in a pamphlet about how Ramana Maharshi had to have his heart stop for over 10 minutes to achieve "eternal liberation" and Chunyi Lin later in class said it didn't mean dying. haha.

Here it is! -- 2 hours of not feeling any heart beat! It's mind blowing!!

Then he says that is not a good way to open his heart but he did experience it -- with no damage! Amazing!!

Chunyi Lin also is saying that his healing is being reported as now on a deeper level.

This was my experience also when I got my phone healing -- the energy he sent went deep into my heart! Just as he says -- a one to one heart healing level.

But in 1999 at the Level 3 qigong retreat I saw Chunyi Lin in full lotus meditation create multiple "yin spirits" out of the top of his head. I saw them and I didn't say anything but then he said someone saw them so he explained they were just going out to heal people. So basically he was in full lotus meditation but out of the top of his head I saw a yellow light shaped like a human form out of his head and then it would break off and then the yellow shaped human light would float out across the room out towards the students meditating. My energy was very pure when I saw this -- I had been meditating constantly after activating the pre-natal chi and then doing a 8 day fast on just half glass of water. So anyway as soon as one yellow spirit shaped like a human formed and broke off his skull and then floated out then another one would form.

So this spirit energy can maintain his body -- but outside of his body -- at a distance. I think this can over-ride the physical heart. For example Chunyi Lin has said about creating matter inside other people's bodies to help them heal -- like to create a sac to contain internal bleeding, etc.

Or consider "bilocation" or the "yang spirit" -- I asked Chunyi Lin if he had made a "yang spirit" and he said he was told by others they saw his physical body outside when he had been inside his house meditating. So if you read the biography of H.W.L. Poonja -- by David Godman -- Nothing Ever Happened -- he discusses the same thing but only the bilocation was multiple bodies at the same time! So if a person can create multiple yin spirits that are existing at the same time -- then they should also be able to create multiple yang physical bodies at the same time. This is indeed taught as the final stage in the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality." Poonjaji was the main student of Ramana Maharshi who had stopped his heart for over 10 minutes when he achieved eternal liberation by "cutting the knot."

Chunyi Lin:

My heart, the heart rate beating, shooting up so fast. I just couldn't count how fast it beat. Then to a point it completely stopped, the beating. I don't feel the pausing with my hand on the heart, and I'm still functioning well. For a second I was worried, what is going on? So I tried to breathe. Wow I feel more room in my lungs to breathe..... I continued to teach...For quite a while I feel nothing in my heart. Then I drove back to the center....May was there, saying hi, how's it going? Yeah it's going fine. But I still have no heart beat. I sit down. I look inside. I didn't call 9/11. To me, this is only my experience. When you get something like that, call 9/11 right away and go to the hospital. I sit down. Why I get this? I didn't get anything even in meditation. Gradually in 20 minutes. So for a good 2 hours I didn't feel anything in my heart. So gradually my heart beat slowly comes back.....Then after a few days I ask why I have this? Just a way to open your heart. I say...well this is not a good way! haha. But I experience that and I check myself and I read myself inside and I check out my organs. Everything looks pretty good. There's no damage or anything. Of course this is a very extreme situation. But I'm telling you everything has a reason. You go into your heart to find the answer and that will tell you on a bigger level.... No fear. In my life I experience so many --- people call it bizarre things. People say -- well that's a story, not necessarily real. I don't care. This is what I experienced. My life. And this is the way I get my heart more and more open and look at things from a different perspective.

https://www.sfqguild.com/video-archive/

Local Meeting - Saturday, August 11, 2012 Part I

St. Thomas University, St. Paul, MN USA

Healing from the Heart - Message

• Like 2

O.K. this thread was asked for so I'm bumping it up.

I also did a review of Dr. Bradford Keeney's amazing book Ropes to God Ropes to God: Experiencing the Bushman Spiritual Universe

http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-most-awesome-bushmen-healing.html

Yeah here is my blogpost review of Keeney's book on his over decade experiences of trance dance healing with the Bushmen.

• Like 1

Amazing short documentary about Bushmen shaman and healing dance:

Anyone on TTB who practises or is/has been involved with this tradition ? Any feedback you want to share? Thanks.

Average life expectancy of a native Bushman living a traditional lifestyle = 38, much less for females.

• Like 1

That may be true...not sure

But I also watched a documentary called Kalahari Killers

There was a 30 year old very muscular man who said he goes to the gym, he went to live the lifestyle of a hunter. The stamina and speed of the 70 year old male bushman hunter was far far superior than his own.

Average life expectancy of a native Bushman living a traditional lifestyle = 38, much less for females.

Average is a word that hides a lot of lies.

The average is because the Bushmen have a very low birthrate sometimes practicing infanticide if a baby is born to close to other babies in age -- they space the babies about 4 years apart.

The life expectancy was calculated based on the current Bushmen culture which has been enslaved by the Bantus and has undergone Westernization - so alcoholism and disease are strong with poverty.

It's kind of like saying life span of Native Americans in the U.S. is the same as the Bushmen -- 48 years old -- but that's because Native Americans have undergone cultural genocide.

As I mentioned before Elizabeth Marshall Thomas was studying and living with the Bushmen in the 1950s in an area that had not yet been colonialized. Then later anthropologists in the 1960s studied a different group of Bushmen that had been more affected by colonialism - these later anthropologists were from Harvard and they attacked the earlier Marshall studies. Liz Thomas says she addresses these Harvard Group lies in her latest book coming out this spring.

figures as of 1968, when Lee did the research in the reading

- life expectancy at birth was 30 years

- but this includes high mortality during childhood

- 20% of babies die in their first year

- 50% of children die before age 15

- those who make it to age 15 survive, on average, to 55

- about 10% of the population is over 60

- compared to 16% in the US

- this is actually fairly good life expectancy for societies without modern medicine,

including our own just a century or two ago

http://bruceowen.com/emciv/a341-09s-02-Foraging.pdf

Yeah so those life expectancy figures are from the Botswana Bushmen who were more affected by colonialism -- and were studied in the late 1960s as part of the Harvard Group.

http://faculty.washington.edu/stevehar/lee.pdf

Yeah the Bushmen population Lee studied was living among permanent water holes in a line -- these are exactly the water bore holes that Liz Thomas said are the problem for the Bushmen -- the Bushmen for Lee were living among the Bantu cattle pastoralists that enslaved the Bushmen.

In a total population of 466, no fewer than 46 individuals (17 men and 29 women) were determined to be over 60 years of age, a proportion that compares favorably to the percentage of the elderly in industrialized populations....Senilicide is extremely rare.

https://tspace.library.utoronto.ca/bitstream/1807/18021/1/TSpace0161.pdf

Females have a rather late menarche -- girls don't reach puberty until 15 or 16 and their demography is characterized by very low fertility and high infant mortality. Nancy Howell, in a very thorough demographic study, found that the mean completed family size was 4.6 and that about 45 percent of those born died before reaching maturity....Howell also found a very long adult life expectancy.

http://books.google.com/books?id=z3QuTqL3YvEC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

/asa's father, ...is one of the oldest people in the population, with an estimated year of birth of 1886, 82 years old in 1968 when photographed. The old man still had the ability to walk long distances on group moves and collect much of his own food, although his hunting days were long past.

Six among the 180 deaths to children of adult women were reported to be cases of infanticide.

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus

Thanks for the share ! Looking forward to hear it.

I have read Tracking God some time ago and liked it , but didnt think it was so fantastic . Mainly becouse of a lot of mixed in Christian perspectives , which doesent speak to me so much . However after checking the book out again , it made me want to read it again -- and maybe appreciate it more this time around .

Bushmen practise/process may be similar alchemicaly to Daoist practises (you would probably know this better ) , but the general approach is very different . It is intersting what Keeney said in the book that Bushmen said that most Western (for a lack of better word ..)people are starved for touch and they can see it from the lines on their face and posture .

As well as afraid/taboo to touch and to them hugging and touching is a vital part of their spiritual diet .

Where for example in many other cultures you cultiavte alone and also have your typical hermit type .. Havent heard if they have them in Bushmen society .

There are definetly hermits in some other African spiritual cultures like Zulu Sangomas who retire in some natural setting and even follow vegeterian diet for certain resons for at least some amount of time.

Bushman saying:

If my heart is open to you and your heart is open to me ,

than when I hug you and shake you , the n/om will come inside.

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 1

Yes I have read it somwhere before . Aaaaaaaaand ? :huh::)

Yes I have read it somwhere before . Aaaaaaaaand ? :huh::)

And bushmen die kinda young is all.

The ones who move to the cities last a bit longer as a rule.

Healing dance is nice but antibiotics are good too.

• Like 1

And bushmen die kinda young is all. The ones who move to the cities last a bit longer as a rule. Healing dance is nice but antibiotics are good too.

Yeah the Bushmen have no genetic resistance to malaria because the Bushmen never had domesticated cattle and the conditions of stagnant water, etc. that spreads malaria.

So of course the Bushmen have been exposed to a lot of new diseases since interacting with the Bantus.

The demographic studies are based on Bushmen interacting with the Bantu who have cattle and resistance to malaria, etc.

http://books.google.com/books?id=W9ZXAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA203&lpg=PA203&dq=bushmen+disease+from+bantu&source=bl&ots=aHn6BK1USv&sig=PRc_kHrn8KeIYEsf4ZJcw6lHujk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=zAQkUbjVPIaF2gWF3YCACw&ved=0CGYQ6AEwCTgK#v=onepage&q=bushmen%20disease%20from%20bantu&f=false

So here's a 1908 discussion of the Bantus spreading tuberculosis to the Bushmen.

http://books.google.com/books?id=TVMZ8Y2xwwcC&pg=PA195&lpg=PA195&dq=bushmen+tuberculosis+disease+from+bantu&source=bl&ots=0Wskvesd0D&sig=_ekJm8BxhfT-TIiQ1mgOs3klok0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=2gUkUeTFOOeY2AWP14DADA&ved=0CEEQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=bushmen%20tuberculosis%20disease%20from%20bantu&f=false

So this book says how the "Farm Bushmen" have more "imported" diseases which has increased the demand for the trance healers.

At the clinic the army doctor tells me that children as young as 12 are addicted to alcohol. The doctor goes on to say that TB has long been the number one killer. Bushmen still resort to traditional medicine when they fall ill, and only when that fails do they come to the clinic. Often it's too late by then. Bushmen are deeply suspicious of Western medicine, and the doctor admits he cannot cross the cultural barrier.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0102/feature6/fulltext.html

And bushmen die kinda young is all. The ones who move to the cities last a bit longer as a rule. Healing dance is nice but antibiotics are good too.

Yes, antibiotics are good in some cases . Healing dance is also good in some cases.

For example antibiotics will never cure neurosis and alienation epidemic so spread all over Europe and other parts of the world . They will never cure mad power trips and media idol worship.

They will never cure crazy stuff we do to our enviroment and the way we are so good at digging graves for us and generations to come , so they can just jump/fall into them immediatley .

Who will buy antibiotics than ?

I appriciate your pragmatism , but sometimes the picture is really very large and complex .

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 2

Yes, antibiotics are good in some cases . Healing dance is also good in some cases.

For example antibiotics will never cure neurosis and alienation epidemic so spread all over Europe and other parts of the world . They will never cure mad power trips and media idol worship.

They will never cure crazy stuff we do to our enviroment and the way we are so good at digging graves for us and generations to come , so they can just jump/fall into them immediatley .

Who will buy antibiotics than ?

I appriciate your pragmatism , but sometimes the picture is really very large and complex .

Point taken.

Access to decent healthcare tends to prolong life.

Point taken. Access to decent healthcare tends to prolong life.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2000/07/30/doctors-death-part-one.aspx

Doctors Are The Third Leading Cause of Death in the US, Killing 225,000 People Every Year

Yeah for example my mom has been put on two medications in the last few years that both had serious side effects worse than the reason she had went to see the doctor.

http://www.transitiontoparenthood.com/janelle/energy/juhoansi.htm

nice overview of Bushmen healing.

"Our Health Was Better in the Time of Queen Elizabeth": The Importance of Land to the Health Perception of the Botswana San

Benedicte Ingstad and Per Fugelli

http://www.minpaku.ac.jp/english/research/activity/publication/other/ses/070

http://ir.minpaku.ac.jp/dspace/bitstream/10502/1122/1/SES70_003.pdf

Wow so the Ju/'hoansi name for the 70,000 year old snake statue in the Tsodilo hills is N/om -- the source of their spiritual power in the pit of the belly.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this