Sign in to follow this  
ChiDragon

The Way (道 i.e.Tao) of Living

I don't believe in Chi anymore than I believe in gravity. These are all man-made superstitions

Funny. Now I don't believe in you.

Energy (Chi) is the only true essence of the universe.

Gravity is what keeps your feet on the ground.

Funny. Now I don't believe in you.

Energy (Chi) is the only true essence of the universe.

Gravity is what keeps your feet on the ground.

He sure made a boo boo, didn't he....???

Have you experienced it?

What is "it"? Are you asking me if I've experienced the undefinable? If I did, then it wasn't undefinable now was it?

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

What is "it"? Are you asking me if I've experienced the undefinable? If I did, then it wasn't undefinable now was it?

Come on, Aaron. Are we two shysters, one talking to another on Patpong Street in Bangkok's night market? Are we peddling Taoist charms to western tourists?

I asked you a direct question. Don't play games. Ok?

Hehehe. Yep.

So, you think gravity keeps our feet on the ground? How do you know? The Bible tells you so?

Come on, Aaron. Are we two shysters, one talking to another on Patpong Street in Bangkok's night market? Are we peddling Taoist charms to western tourists?

I asked you a direct question. Don't play games. Ok?

If I gave you an answer I'd be a shyster. If you took even the first step towards understanding Tao, you'd know that. Here's the good news, it's all within you. If you spend time meditating and practicing compassion, it will come to you, but I can't explain it for you. Done that, been there, and it just doesn't work.

Aaron

He sure made a boo boo, didn't he....???

Why do you think I made a boo boo when I said gravity, like Chi, is a superstition?

Chi can be easily kicked aside in any community of science because they have no respect. But gravity is the rock upon which the Church of western science is built. No Chinaman would dare mock it. And here I am, kicking gravity aside as a superstition. And who among the people in this forum would dare take me on to debate the truth about gravity?

Don't bow to western science, Mr Chi. It's going nowhere and leading mankind down to Hell. This is why westerners are looking East for salvation.

We are not the sick man of Asia as Bruce Lee said in his role as 霍元甲 in the movie, "Fist of Fury". Don't let me down, Mr Chi.

Well, you said this:

This is why you never discuss Tao. It can only be experienced. When you experience it you wont feel the need to define it. Until that happens feel free to continue to hypothesize, if nothing else, it makes for great bedtime reading.

I wonder why you are so sure about your assertions above? You talk as one who "knows". That's why I asked if you know what you are talking about? I don't mean any disrespect towards you as a person. This is a discussion and I am asking you an honest question.

Edited by sree

If I gave you an answer I'd be a shyster. If you took even the first step towards understanding Tao, you'd know that. Here's the good news, it's all within you. If you spend time meditating and practicing compassion, it will come to you, but I can't explain it for you. Done that, been there, and it just doesn't work.

What will come to me, Aaron? Did you do all that you recommended and it came to you?

Ok, so you can't lay it out and I have to go into that dark hole to find out for myself like Aladdin going down for the magic lamp. Do you realize how corny that is? This is not 600 B.C. This is 2013. The stock market is rallying, the S&P is at a five year high, and I am not buying it. So, what's the deal, Aaron? Regular religion is not good enough and we need something exotic?

So, you think gravity keeps our feet on the ground? How do you know? The Bible tells you so?

Stop being silly. Science has proven it.

Why do you think I made a boo boo when I said gravity, like Chi, is a superstition?

Chi can be easily kicked aside in any community of science because they have no respect. But gravity is the rock upon which the Church of western science is built. No Chinaman would dare mock it. And here I am, kicking gravity aside as a superstition. And who among the people in this forum would dare take me on to debate the truth about gravity?

Don't bow to western science, Mr Chi. It's going nowhere and leading mankind down to Hell. This is why westerners are looking East for salvation.

We are not the sick man of Asia as Bruce Lee said in his role as 霍元甲 in the movie, "Fist of Fury". Don't let me down, Mr Chi.

Oh, now I see. Sree is a Chinaman so he knows more than any Western scientist knows.

How many people have you put on the moon so far Mr. Chinaman? What? You say the moon doesn't exist either? It is only a Western illusion. Right.

To be proud of who and what you are is one thing but to belittle something else in an effort to raise yourself above it is a certain sign of insecurity.

I suggest that you don't even know how to be a Chinaman.

Edited by Marblehead

Stop being silly. Science has proven it.

Proven what? Physical bodies attract each other with a force proportional to their masses? Well, that's one way of seeing it. Just because you choose to see it that way doesn't mean that it is the truth. Even if everyone sees it your way, that still doesn't prove that it is the truth.

Proven what? Physical bodies attract each other with a force proportional to their masses? Well, that's one way of seeing it. Just because you choose to see it that way doesn't mean that it is the truth. Even if everyone sees it your way, that still doesn't prove that it is the truth.

But it is true. Go up to the tenth floor of a building and jump off the roof. Gravity will suck you to the earth. And no matter how many times you do it (you will likely do it only once) it will happen the exact same way every time.

When something happens the same way no matter how many time it is done it can be said to be a truth. If, by some freak of nature, you jumped off the roof and you sped off into space then we would no longer have a truth.

Have you tried levitating lately?

Oh, now I see. Sree is a Chinaman so he knows more than any Western scientist knows.

I don't know more. But I do understand what knowledge is. That's more than I can say for the western scientist. Let me illustrate.

At a technical seminar, an expert gave a talk on secondary recovery of crude oil. She was a pretty PhD in her late twenties from Exxonmobil's research facility at Houston. During coffee break, I went up to her and said, "Your presentation was impressive. Would you say that you have a good grasp of the fundamentals of engineering?" She looked at me quizzically with a her blue eyes and replied, "Yeah. I would." I continued,"The three fundamental units in dimensional analysis are mass, length and time. Can you tell me what is time?" She answered, "I am an engineer, not a philosopher." I argued, "But I am talking engineering, not philosophy. Time is a fundamental quantifiable dimension. What is it?" She put down her coffee cup and turned away.

You may be elderly, Marblehead, but you are not daft. Can you see what I am getting at?

How many people have you put on the moon so far Mr. Chinaman? What? You say the moon doesn't exist either? It is only a Western illusion. Right.

Is putting a man on the moon supposed to be smart? I understand they are heading for Mars. The moon as a satellite a quarter of a million miles away from Earth does exist as an illusion that has sucked up an enormous amount of resource and energy gone to waste. Talk about conspicuous consumption. You are now $16 trillion in the hole and we are not even counting the massive debt loads of states, municipalities, private individuals plus the mountain of toxic assets of the last economic crisis sitting in the balance sheets of financial institutions. .

To be proud of who and what you are is one thing but to belittle something else in an effort to raise yourself above it is a certain sign of insecurity.

As a life form, I don't think we have anything to be proud of. Why are you being defensive? As creatures on the planet, don't you think we are perverse?

I suggest that you don't even know how to be a Chinaman.

You are right, I don't. Right now, I am abstaining from being human.

Edited by sree

Hi Sree,

Just to let you know, I am not trying to demean you. In fact, I am trying very hard to not do that. All I am trying to do is have a discussion with you on common terms. Talking in generalities about other people and their qualifications has nothing to do with a conversation between you and me.

I don't know more. But I do understand what knowledge is. That's more than I can say for the western scientist. Let me illustrate.

At a technical seminar, an expert ...

Okay, so you had an experience with one scientist who was unable to answer a question you asked. Big deal. But you want to now generalize all Western scientists as being stupid. How totally unfair! Hot totally inaccurate!!! I could even say foolish, but I won't.

You may be elderly, Marblehead, but you are not daft. Can you see what I am getting at?

Yes, I see what you are getting at but I suggest that you are generalizing way too much.

Is putting a man on the moon supposed to be smart? I understand they are heading for Mars. The moon as a satellite a quarter of a million miles away from Earth does exist as an illusion that has sucked up an enormous amount of resource and energy gone to waste. Talk about conspicuous consumption. You are now $16 trillion in the hole and we are not even counting the massive debt loads of states, municipalities, private individuals plus the mountain of toxic assets of the last economic crisis sitting in the balance sheets of financial institutions. .

So what is China doing right now. I think it is still in first place regarding biggest polluters of the planet with toxic waste. And remember, Wal-Mart owns China even though it is true that china hold most of the US's 16 trillion dollars debt and Wal-Mart is an US company.

As a life form, I don't think we have anything to be proud of. Why are you being defensive? As creatures on the planet, don't you think we are perverse?

I'm not being defensive. I went on the offense a couple days ago.

I agree that we humans are not doing a very good job at taking care of this only home we have - planet Earth. We could do so much better.

I do what I can. My power and control is limited to my little world. It's a nice place - gardens and fish ponds - nice house with central heating and air conditioning. Everything is as energy efficient as I can possibly make it.

You are right, I don't. Right now, I am abstaining from being human.

But I know, just by talking with you, that you have the capacity for more compassion and understanding. Taking extreme positions is almost always an error.

And besides, Lao Tzu offered us his Three Treasures and suggested that if we hold to them our life will be much more meaningful. The words I use for these three are: Compassion, Conservativism, and Humility. I do the best I can with these. I would be willing to bet that you do to in your private life.

• Like 1

Sree buddy, abstention's a positive choice and whilst you believe in neither Qi or Gravity, rest assured that those two puppies believe in you so much that they find you attractive.

Sree buddy, abstention's a positive choice and whilst you believe in neither Qi or Gravity, rest assured that those two puppies believe in you so much that they find you attractive.

Hehehe. Thanks for trying to mellow us out.

Well, the Qi and Gravity are a couple of fools. And abstaining from being human is not a positive choice. It's a realization that comes upon me when I see how real these two puppies are in your life; as real as the dollar in your hand as long as you believe in it.

sree.....

You talked like a real Chinaman.............:D

Hehehe. Thanks for trying to mellow us out.

Is he doing something for you?

He is a medium, a ghost rider.

And you said you are an atheist, someone who regards mediums as nuts.

Edited by sree

What will come to me, Aaron? Did you do all that you recommended and it came to you?

Ok, so you can't lay it out and I have to go into that dark hole to find out for myself like Aladdin going down for the magic lamp. Do you realize how corny that is? This is not 600 B.C. This is 2013. The stock market is rallying, the S&P is at a five year high, and I am not buying it. So, what's the deal, Aaron? Regular religion is not good enough and we need something exotic?

Hmm... you seem to answer every answer with a question. Maybe you shouldn't worry so much about this stuff. Perhaps you're not ready to change yourself and you're stuck on changing others. That's okay. We all evolve at our own pace.

Aaron

Is he doing something for you?

He is a medium, a ghost rider.

And you said you are an atheist, someone who regards mediums as nuts.

Sree, I have no idea who led you astray but really, you seem to go out of your way to irritate anyone who does not agree with you. And even here there is a problem becuase you don't even know where you stand regarding many things.

I have never said anything negative about mediums but even with that, I doubt that GMP considers himself a medium.

Why is it necessary for you to find fault with others? You pretend it is against anything Western but I think it goes much deeper than that.

I think I will just sit back and allow you to make a mess of yourself.

Peace!

Marblehead.....

Thank you for allowing room in your heart for a Cantonese........ :D

Thank you. Anyone is welcome, you know. All I ask is you don't make a mess when you get there.

Sign in to follow this