eye_of_the_storm

2013 Year of The Water Snake

Water Snakes are influential and insightful. They manage others well and tend to be good for organizations to utilize as staff. They are quite motivated and intellectual, very determined and resolute about success. They will have what they desire, despite the conclusion or outcome they generate because it is worth it to them to not only be recognized for their efforts, but to be rewarded as well. They are affectionate with their families and friends but do not show this side of their personality to colleagues or business partners.

• Like 1

Any advice for an Earth Dragon Grand Master?

You were born in 1988 Wolfie. You are or will make a great manager because you are practical, levelheaded and demonstrate a knack for organizing. You do struggle sometimes with that need to dictate and be admired, but you are affable, congenial and supportive. Compared to other Dragons, as an Earth Dragon you are much less likely to breathe fire at the least irritation. You work diligently to complete your life goals. The Earth element adds a greater portion of self-control to your personality and usually the Earth Dragon is deserving of the respect he desires. Earth Dragons take their life and romantic responsibilities quite seriously.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Hi WWROA,

To assess how Gui Si year will affect you, one need your year/month/day/hour of birth and place of birth. Otherwise it is like any reading you can find in the newspapers.

• Like 1

I don't want to do readings on TTB :)

And anyway I would really need your exact birth details..

Be well WWROA

I like to keep up with the zodiac, and have found the Chinese easier to follow than the "traditional" zodiac of Aquarius to Capricorn... Learned me up some new things to know the 60 year cycle, but confused enough to wonder why every other year is yin? specifically: why are all the even years yang? lol

Edit:

also, Yin Wood Ox needs a few pointers ;) hehe

Edited by Hot Nirvana Judo Trend

I like to keep up with the zodiac, and have found the Chinese easier to follow than the "traditional" zodiac of Aquarius to Capricorn... Learned me up some new things to know the 60 year cycle, but confused enough to wonder why every other year is yin? specifically: why are all the even years yang? lol

Edit:

also, Yin Wood Ox needs a few pointers ;) hehe

Saturday 12th January our next gig.

See Forthcoming events.

:-)

I don't want to do readings on TTB :)

And anyway I would really need your exact birth details..

Be well WWROA

No worries, didnt mean to post all of it but couldn't get back into editing - site went down and I had to dash for a few days.

All the best for 2013 :)

Hi WWROA,

To assess how Gui Si year will affect you, one need your year/month/day/hour of birth and place of birth. Otherwise it is like any reading you can find in the newspapers.

Indeed. The usual Chinese horoscope stuff is only referring to the year's energy, while the day's energy seems to be much more relevant for shaping a personality. I found Ba Zi astrology to be quite accurate.

But when looking at what a year might bring in general, it's alright I guess.

Edited by Owledge

http://chinesefortun...seHoroscope.htm

Gives some individual and general info.

How about year in general though? How will Water Snake year effect politics, economy and people overall?

Thanks for the link :)

@ Owl, thanks for the advice :)

The link provided says that the day represent you

The year represents your ancestors (is that similar to how the Buddha was from the Lotus family or something?)

Does one (if reincarnation is true) continue to be born in dragon years as that is ones family/ ancestors?

The month represents your parents (relationship with you?)

+ the hour represents kids? (your own children? + the relationship?)

It would appear that I am a Yang Wood GreenHorse born in the year of the Earth Dragon.

Lunar Ba Zi system says Fire Horse? from http://www.geomancy.net/products/po-bazi/pod-bazi-free.htm

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

Well, I got a birth chart analysis from a trained Ba Zi astrologer and then I searched for info on the web that could reflect that. I found a birth chart calculator and a document that has some good info, some confusing.

The fact that there seem to be detailed circumstances that can make the advice deviate from the standard doctrine makes the whole elemental thing less useful for planning and such, so I'm more inclined to mostly dump those systems and instead try to trust my feelings and wisdom, which usually served me well.

But, I can give you links that I found useful.

The only online calculator I found that considers all factors (apparently even stuff like regional daylight saving time):

http://www.wangnick....tor.htm?lang=en

For the usual western world set "solar calendar winter solstice start" and "local time", then it should be accurate. And if you leave out the time, you just have to ignore the hour column, the rest still fits.

Some basic explanations are here:

http://lizamlee.com/...zi_analysis.htm

As I said, my astrologer recommended something that deviates from what is shown there, since I am prosperous wood, but I have a lot of metal in my chart, which controls wood, and being quite intellectual, I have a lot of fire using up my wood, and that came easy because my wood is dry, since there is no water in my birth chart, which kinda reverses which elements are lucky and which are unlucky. Yeah, when systems get too complicated, they're confusing and trigger the mind too much.

What I did find those sources useful for though is for determining human interaction. I check the chart of two people and know how the energies work between them BUT here, too, it's not perfect, since some people might have overcome their energetic birth setup to some degree, you know, like conditioning your personality to not be that easily controlled by those energies.

A practical example: I just assume that Joss Whedon, the maker of "Firefly", doesn't know about Ba Zi. Well, maybe he does, but anyway, he's weak water. One cast member is fire, two others (playing siblings) are weak water like Joss (one of the characters is even named "River"), and the other 6 cast members are all metal. (metal nourishes water)

The whole show is full of heart, you could say, you see how it is a masterwork of Joss, how he poured his heart into it, the cast members are long time favorites of his; he used them for other shows, too.

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 2