Sign in to follow this  
suninmyeyes

New Years resolutions

New Years resolutions . Have you kept your last years resolutions? If so how have they helped you? What do you wish for yourself?

Inspire and share.

My share of last years resolution and its effect:

I really worked hard on being less of an asshole and trying to perfect being chilled out/relaxed in my daily life. There has been a big improvment by tending to situations as they come and acting accordingly for best wellbeing of all. Letting life run through without creating dams in my mind and secret psychological feeding places in my heart or holding onto fears.

As well as consciouslly deciding to go into whatever feels uncomfortable, awkward in whatever field of life and go right into it. See where it comes from and what gives it life ? Do I want to keep this and call mine uncmfortablness? My problems and issues and my fears? No I dont, so goodbye -- talk to the hand.

This year resolution is tackling procastration, doing things super timley.

OK and being able to a loooong handstand too and backward flip , as I started Capoeira and LOOOOVE it.

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 2

Suninmyeyes, congrads on starting Capoeira, it develops amazing coordination and is fascinating to watch.

I'm working on the concept of developing some good 'gateway' habits. Gateway being a habit that leads to doing something else. So two gateway habits I have on my list are: Drinking a green drink each night to become a bit more alkaline and a cold shower each morning. If not time for a long shower, then a short cold splash in it. I figure that'll wake up my body and develop a stronger will. Drinking the green drink, in this case Trader Joe's green mix should help me avoid the poor habit of eating and drinking late at night.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Suninmyeyes, congrads on starting Capoeira, it develops amazing coordination and is amazing to watch.

I'm working on the concept of developing some good 'gateway' habits. Gateway being a habit that leads to doing something else. So two gateway habits I have on my list are: Drinking a green drink each night to become a bit more alkaline and a cold shower each morning. If not time for a long shower, then a short cold splash in it. I figure that'll wake up my body and develop a stronger will. Drinking the green drink, in this case Trader Joe's green mix should help me avoid the poor habit of eating and drinking late at night.

Cool share lerener, cold showers are sort of on my list too funnily enough but not the official one,as I am trying them slowly whenever I can not yet as a every day habit. They are so good though , super invigorating and very old way to built up immunity system.

I don't make new years resolutions, per say. I set goals. Lookin at those huge lottery jack pots, I thought what what I do if had a ton money. I don't pay the lottery tho. I however had a good list of goals, debt to pay off and things to buy and what order to do it in.

My new years resolution was to get a white girlfriend (Im a teenager, so yeah) and sadly enough, hasn't come to fruition yet, my other ones where to work harder and i forgot the final one, i work harder...ish

Abstinence of what?

Good point.

I'll have to give that some thought.

Sprouts perhaps. I love a steamed sprout so have schooled myself to avoid them as a form of self denial and discipline.

Will maybe eat lots of sprouts during Lententide.

Sign in to follow this