Thunder_Gooch

You Meet A Wizard

Ask a cat if she would spend her life sleeping 22 hours while having her every whim catered to in the remaining 2.

I would take the second potion, have my every whim catered to in the 2 waking hours, and spend the remaining 22 mastering all the ancient arts of dreaming in the world to absolute perfection. This would take me to realms and adventures beyond imagination, to cultivation practices of the highest order, to the Dark Mother, to all the timelines I meant to visit but just couldn't find the time, the multiverse is my oyster. Where's that wizard? Why is he wasting his time peddling his goods to the wrong market?

I like that ... a gift has value in it's appreciation; otherwise, it is just a nuiscance.

The Wizard offers you one of two potions.

The first potion guarantees you perfect health and youth for 1000 years, but crushing poverty for those 1000 years. You live hungry, dirty and unbathed and as an outcast from society.

The second potion offers you obscene wealth but it will make you sleep 22 hours a day for the rest of your life, leaving just a small window each day to enjoy your riches. You watch as your life passes you by quickly.

You are forced to choose one or the other, and walking away from the offer results in eternal torture till you choose one of the two potions.

Which of these two options, which do you choose, and why?

If you choose option 2 you can spend your sleepy time mastering dream yoga :D

And with obscene wealth you can make pretty good use out of two hours a day. Though I doubt that obscenely wealthy people adhere to a strict 24 hour day. I didn't even do that in college, between pulling all nighters and crashing and then wanting to go hang out with friends and then go to class and then another all nighter to another crash...

But yeah, even assuming a 24 hour cycle I think it'd be doable.

• Like 1

I would ask the wizard many questions until I was satisfied that I understood his intentions with these potions.... So I guess it'd start with "why?", and follow that line of questions for a while.....

Yeah, Monty Python style. Could work.

Bridgekeeper: What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

King Arthur: What do you mean? An African or European swallow?

Bridgekeeper: Huh? I... I don't know that. ........ Auuuuuuuugh.

Option1: Live in the ocean; Option 2: invent the matrix so I can be awake and productive while I am asleep.

I especially like option 1: To explore the depths and experience them with my own eyes ... 1000 years might go too quickly

• Like 1

I would choose potion 1. In perfect health, hunger is but an illusion as is being dirty and poor.

Option 2 brings wealth but a false sense of security which puts you right back into the Matrix.

• Like 2