Sign in to follow this  
RiverSnake

TCM Food Combining

Oh, and on this... pasteurized cow's milk vs soya milk? Talking this because both are standard in supermarkets and who is really that bothered about all these other funky alternatives that I'd have to drive to some far out place to find....I mean, raw cow's milk in itself. How on earth are we meant to drink this if we don't have a farm?

I've heard so many arguments on this so now I'm drinking soya milk (I did notice my stomach beginning to hurt after drinking cow's milk) But NOW I've read that you can get numerous diseases from relying on processed soya products (England this is)

Either way, I need something for my yummy sugary cereal haha

I would stay away from the soy milk as well. To me it is gross and it is not milk. They just call it milk because they want to sell you some gross crap. There is no soy tit and therefore no such thing as soy milk. Truthfully it is soy juice. Sound gross eneough? I wonder how many people would buy it if it was labeled soy juice. Although they are not true milks as well I think a good tasting alternative would be coconut milk or almond milk. They sell these in the dairy section in half gallon containers in the states and they are not gross! Just my opinion I know some people like it. Seems like a female trend but maybe that is not true anymore I know it used to be and I do not know any guys that drink soymilk.

But what's wrong with soya juice? Organic? I like the taste. Good to mix with protein for breakfast

Does no one really know the answer, or am I asking a stupid question, or just expecting someone to speak up to soon?

With the amount of times I've seen the chart posted, and how much some people tout it, it's hard to believe someone doesn't have this basic understanding of it down.

Let me know!

Dishes with high concentration of proteins are generally meat. Light proteins I took as dishes like beans and others. Best to use your common sense In that aspect.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Ah, I was reading it as ingredients, not dishes. As in don't combine carbs with protein. So no rice with a steak. No burger with a bun. No pasta with meat sauce (especially tomato meat sauce!).

So I didn't understand...is meat a high concentration protein, then? If so, what would a low concentration food be?

Still a little hazy to me but I'll look into it more. Just trying to figure out things like what I can combine fats with, since a low concentration protein is apparently ok, but not high concentration...

Thanks.

But what's wrong with soya juice? Organic? I like the taste. Good to mix with protein for breakfast

Never said anything was wrong with it just don't care for calling soy juice (bean juice) soy milk when it is not milk. Seems like more of a marketing ploy and a little dishonest. Personally I drink cows milk but I ferment it with kefir grains and it has loads of healthful probiotics and the kefir grains supposedly transform the milk so that it is often tolerated by people who cannot tolerate dairy. Almost like it is no longer considered a dairy product but a probiotic drink. Ultimately I would like to go back to making kefir with raw goat milk as I think this is the most healthful. My response was mainly to recommend coconut milk or almond milk, also not true milks, as a non dairy alternative instead of soy. Soy seams to have a bit of controversy as a health food as well and I just think if it were labeled "Bean Juice" which would be truthful advertising people would not buy it near as much.

I don't think there's anyone out there who is confused. People know that milk is milk, and soy milk is soy milk, and rice milk is rice milk. "Milk" is dairy. Of course nothing can be dairy except true milk.

But soy, rice, almond etc "milk" is there as a replacement for milk. People understand this. Calling it juice does nothing to how appetizing it is. It still tastes, smells, looks the same as when it was called milk.

I see what you're saying, but people get soy as a milk alternative. Calling it milk is absolutely a marketing ploy, to let people know "this is something you can use to replace dairy milk", rather than having a bunch of people in the store saying "what would I use soy juice for?" You need to let them know what your product is supposed to be for. It is correct marketing. Not misleading at all.

If coconut were labeled coconut juice, almond labeled almond juice, would that make more sense? They add the "milk" to make it clear that they are milk alternatives.

Merrian-Webster has a pretty loose definition of milk, probably expanded to include what people accept as milk these days (soy included).

Would you label eggs "unfertilized chicken embryos"? Because "egg" makes it sound appetizing. Is that misleading? How should cheese be labeled? A lot of spoiling and mold happening there...

Anyway. I see nothing wrong with soy "milk".

Sign in to follow this