Sign in to follow this  
chi 2012

Any Veteran Bums?

How many bums been in the military? I spent 4 years in the Air Force as an Active Duty firefighter after high school. After that did a total of 9 years in the Air National Guard. Been deployed to the middle east 3 times but never Iraq....Had orders to Iraq in 2004 - but a week before I was deployed they changed the orders Qatar. Did a year remote in the middle of nowhere Alaska for a year. Spent a year on orders as an Augmentee cop - while our cops were deployed for a year. Worked different civil service and contractor jobs on military bases. I'm out of the Guard now - but will probably go back in the future for 7 more years so I can get the retirement when I'm 60.

I think I read where TurtleShell was in the Army and did a year in Iraq....I know there's probably a lot more on here.

• Like 1

1991 gulf war, exited the armed forces shortly thereafter. I feel that, as constituted, the United states supports the way, but the individuals who have assumed power over the past few decades do not embrace the way in governance. The framework is there, but the leaders do not embody any form of enlightenment. Perhaps in the future, the US will again return to proper governance, or perhaps not.

• Like 1

1991 gulf war, exited the armed forces shortly thereafter. I feel that, as constituted, the United states supports the way, but the individuals who have assumed power over the past few decades do not embrace the way in governance. The framework is there, but the leaders do not embody any form of enlightenment. Perhaps in the future, the US will again return to proper governance, or perhaps not.

Mostly agree. In 98/99 I did 4 months in Kuwait - 26 miles from Iraq. This is when Saddam kicked the inspectors out - and we started bombing. Before we started bombing we were preparing for the Scud Chemical missiles and all that stuff. Once we started bombing - what happened? Nothing. There only defense was to occasionally try and shoot down some of our planes. Fast forward to when the war started in March 2003. I got sent over to Bahrain - and I was telling people on the way there that I seriously doubt Saddam has chemical weapons or nukes. I only mentioned this a few times - because some of the guys were so brainwashed - it would of ended up in a fist fight. Turns out I was right. Saddam had nothing. I knew more than Bush.

20 years in the Army. We were using swords back then.

Actually, my time goes back to the Cuban Missle Crisis. I was stationed in Germany at that time.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this