Sign in to follow this  
imb

zhan zhuang odd sensations

First of all, I made a thread about this the other day, only to return and find nothing; so hope I didn't do something wrong the last time around.

I'm noticing a lot of wobbling in my legs during and after practice. Also, strangely enough, I feel a bit unstable and dizzy when near sinks and while operating taps! This seems to have increased the more I practice. I was tangibly wobbling during today's session. It's not accompanied with any emotion or thought, so it seems to be a physical thing.

Another thing, possibly unrelated, is that I notice is that I get an odd, mild shock sensation; it's particularly noticable when I'm trying to get to sleep. I have a constant mild tinnitus too, and as I get one of these shocks it becomes louder during the split second of the shock. This seems to be unrelated to practice, I get these even during periods of non practice.

Really I only do 30 minutes of tai chi a day and 10 minutes of zhan zhuang, in the neutral posture. I used to meditate back in the day, but don't any more.

Any suggestions. Incorrect posture. Maybe my arm position is wrong, as I rest my thumbs on the outside of my legs. Some blockage manifesting itself? I feel there to be a big, inpenetrable one roughly behind my sternum.

Hmm, come to think of it, I can sort of feel it now as I'm sat in my chair, it almost seems to be coming from my chest, and I'm mildly wobbling in my chair. Almost as if something is trying to free itself.

Any insight would be much appreciated, my tai chi teacher didn't have much of an idea.

Might be an idea to work a short QiGong set either instead of or immediately after your regular cultivation and see how that goes. Maybe a standing eight strands of silk brocade.

if it does no good it'll do no harm and it may help to settle and mobilise any residual stuck Qi.

If you keep feeling dizzy then maybe best to see a medical professional too.

All good wishes.

imb...

I'm noticing a lot of wobbling in my legs during and after practice.

By what you are saying, it seems to me you have not practiced too long. May I ask how long have you been practicing in months....??? Normally, practitioners have weak legs to begin with, especially, stress was applied to them.

Also, strangely enough, I feel a bit unstable and dizzy when near sinks and while operating taps! This seems to have increased the more I practice. I was tangibly wobbling during today's session. It's not accompanied with any emotion or thought, so it seems to be a physical thing.

Your unstable and dizziness maybe caused from your tinnitus. Most lightly, people with tinnitus have a sense of unbalance, especially, when some heavy breathing was done. BTW how was your breathing during and after your Tai Ji practice...???

Another thing, possibly unrelated, is that I notice is that I get an odd, mild shock sensation; it's particularly noticable when I'm trying to get to sleep.

What do you mean by a mild shock sensation...???

I have a constant mild tinnitus too, and as I get one of these shocks it becomes louder during the split second of the shock. This seems to be unrelated to practice, I get these even during periods of non practice.

Yes, I do agree that was unrelated to practice.

Really I only do 30 minutes of tai chi a day and 10 minutes of zhan zhuang, in the neutral posture. I used to meditate back in the day, but don't any more.

Most people have a different definition about zhan zhuang, what do you mean by the neutral posture.....??? Did you bend your knees while you were doing your stance....???

Any suggestions. Incorrect posture. Maybe my arm position is wrong, as I rest my thumbs on the outside of my legs. Some blockage manifesting itself? I feel there to be a big, inpenetrable one roughly behind my sternum.

That seems like you have a breathing problem.

Hmm, come to think of it, I can sort of feel it now as I'm sat in my chair, it almost seems to be coming from my chest, and I'm mildly wobbling in my chair. Almost as if something is trying to free itself.

Any insight would be much appreciated, my tai chi teacher didn't have much of an idea.

Edited by ChiDragon

Go see a doctor of oriental medicine.

I suggest that you have more going on than you can identify and correct on your own.

From your previous posts, it seems you are practicing Lam Kam Chuen's Zhang Zhuang. Are you practicing them from Youtube videos? I do not know your location, but if you are in UK, you may consult Lam Kam Chuen directly. I could also recommend Master Guo Bingsen in Germany (http://www.qigong-daoyuan.net/)

From your previous posts, it seems you are practicing Lam Kam Chuen's Zhang Zhuang. Are you practicing them from Youtube videos? I do not know your location, but if you are in UK, you may consult Lam Kam Chuen directly.

Lam Kam Chuen is no longer based in the UK. He has moved to the USA (CA). He only comes to Europe for a limited period of time.

Edited by bubbles

Lam Kam Chuen is no longer based in the UK. He has moved to the USA (CA). He only comes to Europe for a limited period of time.

Thank you for the information.

hello, thank you all for your kind replies. I need to gravely relate the most disturbing experience I had last night, and earnestly ask for some direction. Forgive the awkward English, as I haven't had much sleep. I need to see someone today, ideally, as whatever it is, it seems to be reaching a head. I don't want to endure another night of that.

Firstly, to answer some questions, this shock, has an alive electronic sound and quality, sometimes accompanied with flashes of light, and is only brief, but affects me at the core.

As for the wobbling, well I placed my awareness on it last night. I felt it was something that I had to face head on, as it was eating me up. As I did so, things started to get pretty horrific. This wobbling, seems to come from something that seems to be moving, or, dislodged within. Something that seemingly has a dynamic quality. Anyway, my palms started sweating; my pulse racing, followed by thudding; I started trembling. Then I started violently shaking. What ever it was, it felt like it was rising, and clinging on for dear life. I felt I had to purge this thing, as if I stopped it just would mean I would have to deal with it on another night, so I continued in that fashion for what I estimate to be 20 minutes, with this most horrendous shaking. After so long, I could no longer take it, I didn't know if there would be an end in sight, whether I was capable of freeing it myself, just what the implications were, so I stopped resisting it. Then whatever it was, seemed to move throughout my body, and settle itself back in my chest.

Now appreciate please, as you must all know, any attempt to relate this to a Western practitioner of medicine in any form... well you can see how it looks. So I feel like I am in a most vulnerable position here.

Some extra information. I have had a check up not so long ago. Blood tests, 24h ecg, blood pressure, ultra-sound of abdomen; gastroscopy, all negative or fine.

I have lost a bit of weight in the past 6 months. In fact, my body almost looks emaciated, if I raise my arms my chest shows every rib. This is despite eating a lot. Other symptoms: Extreme coldness for past six months, I was cold even in summer. Left ear has been blocked in the past few weeks. Brain-fog and lack of energy, it was really hard to muster any coherent thought. I've also had palpitations, extreme thirst, and been rather skinny for the past, roughly ten years. As for my state of mind, well it hasn't been perfect, had some depression and anxiety. But of late I have been feeling pretty fantastic, with a sense that I can deal with negative emotions, so long as I bear in mind 'awareness without judgement' to whatever may arise.

So when you talk of seeing a doctor of oriental medicine. Who, exactly? Some kind of spiritual master, or a traditional Chinese medicine practitioner. Just what exactly am I dealing with here? It seems I have three options, the first, is madness. The second, is some kind of blockage or imbalance. The third, is something spiritual and grave.

So who do I see exactly, bearing in mind I am located in the north west of England, quite close to Manchester. I have limited funds, but can procure some extra if necessary, which this certainly seems to be. There is also the Manchester Buddhist centre, I am sure they have a fair few experienced practitioners there.

Imb,

I am not Trunk, but I think he gave you a very sound advice.

You should first and foremost consult a TCM doctor so that your condition could be properly diagnosed and treated given that you said you have already done a Western medicine check-up without result.

Only after that you may see what practice may help you recover.

Take care

Chris Lomas is based in Manchester, top lad.

http://ironpalmprodu...n-body-training

http://www.manchesterkungfu.com/CONTACT.html

That might have a little bit more useful information for his purposes. Looks like the fellow learned from the Little Nine Heaven guys. I wish there were someone nearby from that lineage, the Splashing Hands style is really interesting looking to me.

So when you talk of seeing a doctor of oriental medicine. Who, exactly? Some kind of spiritual master, or a traditional Chinese medicine practitioner. Just what exactly am I dealing with here?

Chinese medicine practitioner. Anyone competent and hopefully local to you.

Don't worry about seeing a spiritual master, meditator, qi gong teacher, any of that: just see a doctor of oriental medicine. They will sort out the specifics of what is going on with you.

You are out of your depth trying to figure it out on your own. (Same goes for most advice you may get from others on the internet.) Get competent (oriental) medical help. I don't have a simple answer for what is going on with you, but see enough signs to know that you're not going to fix it by a little qi gong fix nor spiritual advice.

someone seems to have been helping me. Or least, it seems so, maybe I'm imagining it. I'm so exhausted after that, and it still hasn't been cleared out. I'm at a loss. I think i'm going to have to retire for the night. Again, my concern is whether I can find a place reputable. I know there is a tcm place in bolton. Some in manchester. God, that's the worst thing I have endured in my life. If someone was helping, please contact me, likewise, if someone can help, I have phone or skype.

Sign in to follow this