Jetsun

Using Eastern spirituality to repress your individuality

Flowing Hands is a Shaman on here, he lives up on the Taoist threads.

Mr Jesus is recorded as only ever writing in the sand. Anything you read 'by' him is somebody else's riff on an interpretation re-imagined by somebody else then pressed through a dogmatic sieve.

But you know that et.

Choosing to believe is fine, everyone does that sometimes.

GrandmasterP, why won't help me?

Lost in the thicket of beliefs!

Sometimes, I cry out for Mrs. GrandmasterP!

Remember me?

Where's the recipe to set my mind free!?

Alchemy is a cultivation of wannabe-enlightened self interest.

Those poor unhappy bunnies really-really want to be someone and somewhere-else than them-self, here and now.

Factor out the Taoist language and it's a Buddhist path of self loathing same as any other.

Yeah I was aiming more towards internal alchemy than everyday life. Being selfish like I said is not what I mean by the modern day connotation of it. To get what I am really saying you got to read the article that C T posted. Honestly, selfishness is still being in play during that situation. But it's a type of selfishness in which they allow others to have fun. Basically you're doing it to make yourself feel happy by your partner being happy. Of course, you could also not care lol.

For example, you have a friend who wants you to join his gang and sell weed. But you're like nah I'm not gonna do that. That person accuses you of being selfish when in reality, both of you are selfish. Like I said selfishness is taken into bad terms. It is what reality is. Selfishness. It's a beautiful thing that a lot of people try to suppress so that you can be their sheepish followers always appealing to their authority. Each of us are made up of different combination of elements and ect. Selflessness on the other hand deals with the idea of the Cosmic Whole (God). Realizing that you're individual but yet part of the Cosmic Whole in which there really isn't no separate beings because they all like make up the same thing.

Im not disagreeing with that basically speaking

but I want to say that the word 'selfish' itself implies a judgement

as to the appropriateness of ones behavior

I did read the redirect but I still feel it is a wordplay

the judgement implied can be spun as being Good

Bad or Normal or Natural to endorse a behavior pattern

one way or the other...and as such , I dont see why it

is informative.

The short view to me is that there is no objective position

to either villify or justify behaviors.

Stosh

Ok , the test is as objective as one can hope for ,but its determining that which is expedient

for the individual or maybe even a group but that just refers the problem up one level

What is the thing to judge that the welfare of an individual has importance or value ?

For Theists there is a God at the top of the ladder to say what is "GOOD" to have be.

Im not a theist and so there is no objective-final determinator of what is justified or good

there is only me the individual deciding that my life should be long or pleasant or do

something long run.( which is subjective again)

Give it a moment to just consider it from my perspective , and youll get why I feel the way I do

on the subject , once that is over just go back to your own perspective -which is different.

Im going home in a few minutes , have a nice weekend.

:)

Stosh

Edited by Stosh