healingtouch

Yi jin Jing Training (Internal Iron Shirt)

I recently read the description of Yi Jin Jing training on page 171 of Dr. Jwing-Ming's book Qigong - The Secret of Youth. In it, it talks about massaging the stomach area for 120 days, going form light massage to pounding the area on a ever increasing circle. It's all pretty clear and concise but I would like to know what else would be recommended reading on this topic.

Has anyone on here gone thru this training? Have you found it helpful and in what way? I'm starting right now, I've invested in a couple of electric massagers as doing it by hand can be quite hard on the shoulder joint from what I noticed and I can't afford to pay a couple of boys, or even one, to massage me 3 times a day for 1hr30mins each time. Now I'm starting to see the benefits of having children :-)

Here are the instructions I'm following if anyone would like to add anything to them:

1st 30 days (massage gong)

Only massage training is involved.

Herb pills arc recommended. (planning to take DHEA pills, 25 mg)

Only the center is massaged. The center is located under the solar plexus and above the navel

If possible use young boys or girls to do the massage. If you do not have them to help you, you can do it by yourself.

Massage 90 minutes each time, 3 times/day at sunrise, noon and sunset (some documents list midnite as well).

If you do not have so much time for training, you should extend your training period proportionally.

Massage from the right to the left: with appropriate power.

The second 30 days of training involve:

Verifying the first 30 days of training by determining that the tendons on the sides of the stomach are raised and quite firm.

Extending the massage one palm's distance out from the "center."

Pounding the soft and "sinkable'' spots with a pestle or wooden mallet until the fasciae are also raised.

3rd 30 days

Expand massaged area one palm further

4th 30 days

expand training area to the waist

• Like 1

I dont think you're going to find too many people that have undergone this training. You could try the ymaa board but I dont think you'll find too many people that have done it there either, but you might get some sort of response. Are you doing the meditation also?

there are different sets that are called yi jin jing. some have 12 or 14 or 18 postures.

one set has 49.

so it is called the muscle/tendon changing classic. and for good reason

but it could also be called the qi building classic and for good reason

the few folks that i know that do the 49 posture set, they do 7 postures a day and thus cover all 49 each week.

these folks got game

Reminds me of Kaishan Golden Bell chi gung. Lots of rubbing and circular pounding of the stomach. There was a standing meditation then you'd rub your belly with an herbal elixir, then over weeks and months you'd hit your stomach in a circular fashion increasingly harder, from open handed slaps to harder fists, then a herbal sand bag, then a wooden brick (treated w/ herbs). There was similar protocols for feet arms etc., In the last stages you'd have others whacking you pretty hard with a stick.

It was much less masochistic then it sounds. The idea was you were stimulating and building internal strength. I did a few months in it, like many gungs it required a 100 days of celibacy which didn't jive well with me at the time. They had some nice supplemental practices too.

I dont think you're going to find too many people that have undergone this training. You could try the ymaa board but I dont think you'll find too many people that have done it there either, but you might get some sort of response. Are you doing the meditation also?

Thanks :) What I read recommends to start doing the small circulation meditation after the initial 120 days. Right now, I'm only doing the reversed abdominal breathing.

there are different sets that are called yi jin jing. some have 12 or 14 or 18 postures.

one set has 49.

so it is called the muscle/tendon changing classic. and for good reason

but it could also be called the qi building classic and for good reason

the few folks that i know that do the 49 posture set, they do 7 postures a day and thus cover all 49 each week.

these folks got game

Do you know of any books or videos that describe the full 49 posture set?

BTW, I have a couple of links myself. One is a video in chinese that supposedly shows the first 11 movements of the Y Jin Jin set

http://www.56.com/u5...DU0MjI4MzE.html

If anyone wants to add subtitles, it would be appreciated

And here's another link to a book from the 1930s http://www.kungfulib...l-fast-view.pdf (Just a free trial copy) that explains the exact same movements, a bit more precise.

Edited by healingtouch

It has just came to me, that, none of these yi jin jing posts are what I would call internal. To me internal is working from the inside out, although many systems (shaolin) do it from the outside in.

The Sam Chin form with proper instruction will give one iron body!

Below is a form that works from inside out!

Wudang DGS LAO XIE

Erle has his entire Iron Shirt form posted on the net.

(Thanks Gord Hill!)