Aaron

Be done with knowledge

Aaron,

you are misbehaving... stop it and behave...

Of course ... considering you don't believe in right and wrong... its going to be difficult for you to realize what you do...

As I said "some do not know what they do, nor want to know what they do... nor listen to anyone who challenges them... they just want to play their fantasy games...

NOW some do believe to know what they do, and want to know what they do... and listen to anyone who challenges them... they just want each and everyone to play nice..." and behave...

which of course involves knowing whats actually the right way to behave... oh and for the record I would challenge you to point to a post (other than this one) where I have made the claim "I have the truth" or "they are hopelessly lost".

Yea I do hop around and tell people 'look at that...' and 'consider this...'

lets see the evidence for...

Heck I sill have hope in certain things happening...

Oh Gosh, another post? How many have you made today? By the way I understand what you're saying, nothing complex or illuminating about it. You're trying to push your religious beliefs on others. I say, there is no proof God exists, you say, God exists and you just don't understand that's why you don't believe. You're a brick wall with a speaker playing the same song over and over as loud as you can.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

Yea we could talk about what's wrong a moment ago as well as talk about what's right right now...

Now what's right at this moment, will be right forevermore...

what's right in this moment is the seeing of what's right in this moment.

subtle...

so seeing this moment is the same at seeing what's right in this moment.

I assumed that seeing what's right at the moment precedes seeing the moment.

now i am seeing that they are the same in this moment.

You're my brick wall with a speaker playing the same song over and over as loud as you can

:D

Edited by XieJia

Why is that? how where you feeling before? will you continue to feel the way you now feel or choose to feel a different way...

i was feeling joyful before at being in the company of practitioners and aspirants

then i read this thread and got sad

i will not be sad forever

and am mostly just joking really

although these drama-based conversations about spirituality are truly a train wreck

i don't really care that much

thanks for your concern tho

Notice what others (or you) cultivate with their words as an exercise ... it reveals what each values and seeks to cultivate... the question is does one really want to cultivate and value what one cultivates and values?

Thank you Et for an amazing present. :)

Yet again, this dialogue with you brings me good fruits;

I do not know how the others see this thread, whether it's pleasant or unpleasant but I know it's fruitful at least for me.

It is the mind at the present moment which is being cultivated, and Right things are being cultivate even more with this moment.

It is one of the missing puzzles of my practice; just to see it.

It is also amazing how one wrong things or how one wrong understanding in the mind will manifest itself in a karmic ways entirely on everything one did or do, all because of not-knowing.

Although the true path might not be yet clear for me, I will diligently cultivate the right things

so that the true path appear.

its like a train wreck

i want to leave taobums without paying attention to this thread

but i had to look

and now im scarred

I'm not sure how what I wrote scarred you. If you examine carefully Lao Tzu wasn't the only one advocating being done with knowledge, Buddha and Vendanta do the same thing. At some point we realize that true spirituality doesn't lie in the ceremony, but in being able to be done with it and all the needless thoughts and rationalizations and just realizing what is really there. Sitting in stillness is all about letting go of preconceptions and allowing your experience to guide you to the truth.

Aaron

hi aaron

yes as my previous comment mentioned, what you're describing is well within the understanding of several of the paths that aren't daoist, like madhyamaka in buddhism. Buddha didn't really point it out as much as nagarjuna did later, but i guess you can only say so much in 45 years

anyway, your philosophical stance isn't scarring, its the ego drama that accompanies it that i was commenting on

best to you

hi aaron

yes as my previous comment mentioned, what youre describing is well within the understanding of several of the paths that aren't daoist, like madhyamaka in buddhism. Buddha didn't really point it out as much as nagarjuna did later, but i guess you can only say so much in 45 years

anyway, your philosophical stance isn't scarring, its the ego drama that accompanies it that i was commenting on

best to you

Well I apologize. I've decided to put the source of the drama on ignore (not me per se, though I do that every once in awhile). I just get a bit pissed because it seems like every thread ET joins goes off track because he feels the need to espouse his own brand of "truth". I know I should be more compassionate towards him, but he seems like a bully at times, passive aggressive, but still, and that sets me off. Anyways, I'm done with him and I am sorry.

Aaron

• Like 2

There is only one railroad track and we all are on it...

I didn't like the noise and the vibration so I got off and am now walking, keeping pace with my own drum.

There is only one awareness and we all are on it... some going in one direction and some going in the other direction...

You are still wrong in this regard. When are you going to start listening to me? There are as many ways as there are people on the planet.

Am I really wrong in this regard? maybe that's your erroneous appreciation to this regard... and when you hold a certain appreciation to this regard you may realize that I been listening to you... I do understand the notion that " There are as many ways as there are people on the planet"... and realize that that includes the ways that never ever get to the mountain top... that is the ways that take forever to get there...

the idea that there are many ways to the mountain top ignores the fact that some ways do not get to the mountain top... so be careful in this regard...

See? You were listening to me. Hehehe.

I never suggested that all paths lead to peace and contentment. And there are many who just walk around in circles and actually believe that they are going somewhere. Really doesn't matter. Here the saying "To each their own." fits perfectly.

Sure, we can try to help if we think someone is headed the wrong way. But we first need be sure we truely know between right and wrong and then we need be sure that the other person is wanting guidance. If the other doesn't want your help you can talk until your dying breath and they won't care anything about what you have said. In fact, they will probably say something like, "See? That person had no idea what they were doing. Spent their entire life trying to show me the 'right way' and they forgot to live."

• Like 1

Indeed you "never suggested that all paths lead to peace and contentment" you just said that " There are as many ways as there are people on the planet"... and I just took it for granted that that is true... though it may be not true... maybe there are less ways as there are people on the planet and maybe there are more ways as there are people on the planet... who actually knows the truth of it? does it really matter? does it really not matter? If we think someone is headed the wrong way we can just tell them "HEY someone I think someone is headed the wrong way"... if someone lists or not thats their business... maybe we where wrong and them not listening was just right maybe we where right and them listing was right... there are many possibilities and permutations... If we wait to be sure to know the truth and if the other wants guidance it may be too late to act... Better to give the help and be rejected (or accepted) by the other than live with the notion that we choose not to help even though we could had helped and made a difference ... the action is done because one chooses to do the action not because of what the other wants... If the other doesn't want the help and they won't care anything about what you have said, done thought THEN thats their business. Sure the other person may even boast : That person had no idea what they were doing. Spent their entire life trying to show me the 'right way', sought ways to help me be better and failed because I choose to fail rather than succeed... just to prove them wrong. That person had no idea what they were doing.

Remember to live what you want to live... and personally that does not depend on wether others accept or not the help i give...

But you must consider that, in pushing your 'help' on another person, you may be harming them. Just because you see yourself as on the right path, does not necessarily mean the other person does - and, this being the case, they - considering your views erroneous may find your 'help' offensive to them.

To keep pushing your 'help' on them even after they make it clear that this is the case will not lead to them suddenly seeing that you were right all along. It will just lead them farther from where your intended help was trying to point them to, because they will be trying to get away from you! Not because they were afraid to face the truth, but because they wanted you to stop imposing upon them.. :)

• Like 1