shanlung

Tao ke Tao, and where is God

But it has to be to my music and my drum.

:P

oh if thats the case then make it with my rhythm, melody, and tone ...

Na, not much of a musician inclination, though I do think to understand musicians ... :D

Or better yet the Japanese song 'Flower'

Beautiful song and pretty flowers although I think it would have been better with my lilies scrolling through with the music.

(My ego is doing fine, thank you. Hehehe.)

10x et - thoughts for your advice . I was wishing for a résumé . :D

Oh that... well succinctly put same ol same ol... someone claims this stuff and the someone claims that stuff and it goes round and round ... put in different words... I wonder if once and for all we some how manager to get it just right... stuff that ought to have always remained as just a possibility will forevermore be just a possibility... as stuff that ought to be cultivated will forevermore be allowed to be cultivated... truth, virtues, good, caring love and everything divine...

Guest RBSA

Yep . I am scared of long replies . :D

I am too old , i like short answers .

Aaaarrrggghhhhhhh.... that Lily of Laguna song is just so offensive....

I had no idea.

Mods please remove it.

Go to edit and remove it yourself

I'm glad I'm not the only nut case here.

We are ok here.

It is the rest of the world that we should be worried about.

The Idiot on the Path

I'm glad I'm not the only nut case here.

The nut case

A driver had a flat next to a madhouse window full of nut cases...

He proceded to take the wheel out of the car and left the nuts to the side. Locked the door and walked across the street to get a refreshment. Upon arriving the driver noticed that all the nuts where gone and exclaimed: "What am I to do now without the nuts". From within the madhouse a voice said "Evidently take a nut from each of the wheels, that way you can put on the tire get to the service station down the road and get it all fixed". The pilot responded "Thanks. with all the nut cases in there you must have lots of work". LOL the voice response "WORK HERE... NA... I am in here because I am crazy not because I am stupid"...

nut cases can be so entertaining... especially when they are really really really smart ...

Tao ke Tao , fei chang Tao

Ming ke Ming, fei chang Ming

The Tao that you think is the Tao, is not the Tao

The Name that you think is the Name, is not the Name

道可道非常道 (pinyindào kĕ dào fēi cháng dào)

The Tao that you think is the Tao, is not the Tao

名可名非常名 (pinyinmíng kĕ míng fēi cháng míng)

In addition to above, but not so stated in Tao Te Ching as Laotze was so economical with words,  will be

德可德非常德 (pinyinde kĕ de fēi cháng de)

The De that you think is the De, is not the De

名可名非常名 (pinyinmíng kĕ míng fēi cháng míng)

So folks here and all over having been admonished never to try to investigate or analyse into the Dao, decided to go all out to analyse the De.

I am not sure that can be profitably done even if we all are trying to do just that.

There are some aspects that just cannot be viewed directly.  Those can best be seen from the corner of the eye.

But do excuse this ramblings of an Idiot and not let me stop any of the fun of analysing the De or even the Tao.

For perhaps Laotze and Chuangtze and Yang tze were all old fogies and their minds cannot match the minds of modern age which can and will find the Tao and the De  and nail that donw once and for all when they failed so miserably a few thousand years ago.

Idiotic Taoist now wondering about the Tao and the De and if those two words are any relation to what Laotze was talking about.

Edited by shanlung

For perhaps Laotze and Chuangtze and Yang tze were all old fogies and their minds cannot match the minds of modern age which can and will find the Tao and the De  and nail that donw once and for all when they failed so miserably a few thousand years ago.

Chuang Tzu warned us against trying to take things apart.  Trying to do so will worry one's mind into madness.

Tao is beyond defining.

Te, if we view it as the Way of the universe, can be defined.  The way of man can be defined.

But we will never find the answer to the question "Why?"