Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

External + Internal Martial Arts

Well for me its all the same whether you shoot Qi balls out of your arse or just hit your opponents with fists. What I am asking is whether anyone has actually seen an internal martial artist mop the floor with a MMA guy like you claimed they would. Have you seen that happen? Has anyone?

nope!

none of the western practitioners of Internal Martial arts seem to have the goods.

Paul Whitrod

Serge Augier

Alex Kozma

Tim Cartmell

i like this topic, but the only problem i can see with it is that bagua and other systems like it dont hold back. and they attack vital points with hells fury. in "SPORT FIGHTING" you cant do that. this was the first thing i noticed when i got into sport fighitng. and yes i practice mma so i can give you the break down. im not the new mma, im the old mma. i practice different martial arts styles and develop my own system from all that i learn. and yes im a fighter muay thai is my base, but added elemens of bagua, xingyi, taichi, capoeira, boxing and a host of other styles. and i know how skill, and power can be developed and increased greatly. the strikes that real fighters will employ, will devestate any mma fighter if they know what they are doing. and i can say this from actually fighting mma fighters. i can back this up because i practice these and other styles that turn you into a deadly weapon. and im not talking about the type that can put u in an arm bar or guilitine and choke you. im talking about the type that in less than five seconds will break your ribs, colar bone, and rotataer cups- yes cups, and thats before you hit the ground. because in real fighting you use your entire body as a weapon. ill show you guys one of my videos, this is one of my muay thai fights. im the guy with white pads on. its an exibition match against a pro fighter. im not a pro fighter by the way. but do have real world fighting experience in and out of the ring. and following the rules of sport fighting, any real fighters skills will be cut in half. as you can see we have gloves and pads on, in a real fight you wont. and we couldnt use knees to the head or elbows, that sucked, but in a real fight and some sport fights you will. so i had to cut my skill even more. but i wanted to fight. but not to carry on ill say this. im a real fighter! and what i mean by that is i use every skill possible to increase my fighting ability! to me there is no distinction between hard and soft styles. i practice nei kung and have reached high levels of cultivation. i had reached yin yang gong on a low level before this fight, and had started getting stronger. this was a year ago. also ive fought countless fighters in and out of the ring. internal and external and the ones that give me problems are other real fighters! it dosent matter what you practice its how you practice! practice like you mean it, practice like your life depends on it. the distinction of fighters of today and centuries ago is fighters of old had to use there skill to survive. ppl now days just want to be able to show off. i practice like the old style! also ill say this again! it dosent matter what style you practice if you add nei kung-high level neikung to it then you have a deadly style! not because of the style but the energy. see, energy practices have been associated with specific fighting styles but it is a practice all of its own and in its own rite! if you learn to see this then you will know what i mean!

Greetings..

Apologies for not reading the whole thread, as i am fairly certain my understandings have already been expressed, so this is just to add another perspective.. it is my experience that 'Internal + External' is a more complete awareness/understanding of the options available to a person in a position that could benefit from such understanding.. i have trained in both Internal and External systems, and i favor Internal, probably because i have the external structure which easily adapts to a more effective process.. i have only found a very few purely Internal practitioners, having no traditional external training, that can also fight well..

I was introduced to Taiji practice as a therapy for an injury to my back while practicing external Kung Fu.. it was not 'my' idea, Sifu made me go practice with the 'old slow people', but.. within three weeks i was experiencing heightened awareness of form and function in my external training, finding that Taiji principles enhanced my external work.. soon, i was finding that external experience revealed internal purpose and internal structure's remarkable enhancement of the power ratios..

I sense that the differentiation between internal and external does more harm than benefit, where a more complete perspective would overlook the quarreling that arises from the distinction.. then, training and practice would naturally evolve into the most effective and efficient process that produces the desired result, and.. more than the problems that arise from the internal/external differentiation, i sense that it is the differences of intended results that is the most fundamental issue of conflicting beliefs.. but, that is simply one person's perspective..

Be well..

• Like 2

Greetings....

Yes, practice Kung Fu, by the term itself was understood it was an external practice. Normally, people with a good physical body may bypass the internal practice. External practice normally use one own body strength in a violent manner to hurt oneself. As oppose to internal practice, there was no brutal force applied to dissipate one's own energy. Instead, it helps the body to generate more energy. For a good start, it is a better idea to begin with the internal practice to have a good physical fitness for the later external practice.

The weakest of the external practice is consuming lots of one's own internal energy; and the advantage of internal practice is reserving energy, so to speak.

Sign in to follow this