Sign in to follow this  
thetaoiseasy

dealing with...

Perhaps Sun Tzu is more applicable than Lao Tzu, when it comes to these kinds of people. Be frugal with the energy invested into their movements, appear to be moved by their arguments while maintaining the more advantageous position. Do not let their words go on for too long. If the debate is protracted, the resources of the Scholar will not be equal to the strain.

• Like 2

Since LZ was an intellectual, my guess is he'd probably beat them at their own game, or just watch and laugh, or whatever else he felt like doing. :lol:

Sorry you're having troubles, taoiseasy; I've no advice to give you. I do know that not all intellectuals are hardasses; and most hardasses aren't very intellectual. ;)

warm regards

There are two types of Intellectuals:

1. The Open

2. The Closed

The Closed Intellectuals are a waste of time to talking with....humor them if you absolutely have to, but if you can just ignore them.

I see plenty of threads on the TaoBums that are pits for closed off intellectuals whom denounce the esoteric arts without having any experience with it or any justification for their words besides their own cultural projections of what is and isn't true......choose your battles....there is no winning against a full cup.....talking with them is a drain and there often unconscious energetic vampires.

Open Intellectuals are a joy to talk with. You can have both challenging and at the same enriching conversations with them, they are open to changing their point of views if they see some rational behind the other speakers position and welcome and adventure into unknown philosophical territory. However, i dare say there are probably more closed of ones than open.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 3

Sign in to follow this