GeoBall

Empirical Data

f8g6v.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/0965713571/

I own this book and it documents much research done in China in the 80's on the subject. It documents electrostatic, electromagnetic, infrared, and infrasonic anomalies during external chi emission.

As well as:

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/1353653

Detection of extraordinary large bio-magnetic field strength from human hand during external Qi emission.

Seto A, Kusaka C, Nakazato S, Huang WR, Sato T, Hisamitsu T, Takeshige C.

Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Showa University, Tokyo, Japan.

It is generally accepted that more than 10(-6) gauss order magnetism was not detected in normal human condition. However, we detected 10(-3) gauss (mGauss) order bio-magnetic field strength from the palm in special persons who emitted External Qi ("Chi" or "Ki"). This detection was possible by special arranged magnetic field detection system, consisted of a pair of 2 identical coils with 80,000 turns and a high sensitivity amplifier. Each of the coils were rolled 80,000 turns accurately, and were connected in series in opposite direction, actuating as a gradiometer.

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/9051169

Emission of extremely strong magnetic fields from the head and whole body during oriental breathing exercises.

Hisamitsu T, Seto A, Nakazato S, Yamamoto T, Aung SK.

Department of Physiology, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan.

This article reports the result of an experiment that was designed to measure the biomagnetic field emanating from two individuals who were practising traditional Oriental Qi Gong breathing exercises. The biomagnetic field was measured with differential coils wound 80,000 turns, a magnetic needle compass and a digital electromagnetic wave detection device. It was found that an extremely strong magnetic field was emitted from the two individuals. One subject emitted a magnetic field at the level of 200-300 mT (2-3 mGauss) and the other at 0.13 mT (1.3 mGauss). In both cases, moreover, the magnetic needle compass rotated 30 degrees (this was tested 32 times). When the rotation of the needle occurred, a reproducible magnetic field of 800-1500 mT (8-15 mGauss) was indicated on the digital measuring device (this was tested 12 times). It is concluded that traditional Oriental Qi Gong breathing appears to stimulate an unusually large biomagnetic field emission.

Hello everyone,

Hypothetical -

Person 1: I will admit the health benefits of Tai Chi, and being in a stable state of mind among many other martial arts, all of which can be explained scientifically. Qi Gong, however cannot be explained with facts. There are no facts, just wishy washy yin yang double meaning phrases and proverbs. Yet there is still much work to be done in the neuroscience field.

So, I would love to hear every ones opinion on this. Also it would be lovely if some one could provide a bit of scientific data on qi gong. Preferably facts regarding the amount of mass moved, amount of EMF, BTU, Volts, Amps, Watts, Magnetomotive Force, Field Flux or what have you. Anything regarding the phenomena that many call Qi Powers.

Here is my take for your introduction to some scientific explanations about Qi Gong(Chi Kung).

ATP at TTB

Edited by ChiDragon

Heehee, everyone got something hidden away just for such topic

by the way, I goofed on that metal thing, you get burns from it because its chi is similar to the skin and the energy get's confused

Edited by Sinfest

Hello everyone,

Hypothetical -

Person 1 : I do not know for sure if it is possible that a human being can project, absorb, and manipulate this so called energy Qi, Chi, Ki. Out of the thousands of years we still have little to no scientific empirical information about such things. Now I'm not a master daoist immortal but I do understand the workings of the human body. And there are no facts to back up the sheer magnitude of followers taoism has accumilated, to be honest it is starting to remind me of christianity and what it has been molded into.

Ever since I had been educated to some degree and practice Tai Ji Chuan (a from of Chi Kung) with a scientific professional background. I had been contemplating to come up with some kind of scientific explanation for Chi Kung. I know the ancient Chinese Taoists did not have the modern scientific knowledge as we do now; but they do have great wisdom to come up with the non-scientific explanations about Chi Kung with some imaginations at the time. They knew they have to eat and breathe to stay alive. So, they thought they can eat some special herbs and breathe a lot more then normal to become healthier and have longevity.

In breathing, they thought they were breathing Chi(氣) from the atmosphere without realizing that they were actually breathing oxygen in the air. With that in mind, the breathing lots of air did make them healthier, stronger and cure many chronic diseases. Since they had built up with lots of energy in they bodies, then once they thought that they were actually absorbing the energy from the air by breathing. Hence, they paid special attention to their breathing and developed an ultimate method called Chi Kung(氣功). BTW The original meaning of the Chinese character 氣(chi) is 'air' or 'breath'; but I don't know did it ever mean "energy" at the time.

Anyway to make the story short, here is my story on Chi Kung(氣功). Since the original meaning of 氣(chi) means air, I have to conclude that Chi Kung is to practice breathing. Chi Kung was developed and improved to its highest perfection, it would be more appropriate to call it "the Ultimate Method of Breathing".

Now is the scientific part. What does the body do with the oxygen that was breathed in...??? Actually, it was the body cells were using the oxygen to decompose the glucose from our foods to convert into a biochemical energy. The energy is called adenosine triphosphate(ATP). Somehow, the biochemical energy, ATP, was the actual "Chi" to be meant as "energy" all along.

I have a better explanation relating ATP to Chi Kung in the following link:

Ref: ATP at TTB

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1