et-thoughts

Something about reincarnation...

In principle its quite easy, in practice it takes a bit of practice :-) Being aware of what be going on helps us to choose what step to take next... glad what I sent you helped see something anew...

I dont know which thing you might be referring to ,, but all the same I believe it!

Stosh

I dont know which thing you might be referring to ,, but all the same I believe it!

Stosh

Stosh,

I was alluding to the fact one in principle can act/react instantaneously with the other movement so that an intended slap or blow just caress the face while also directing the excess energy in productive ways... and how in practice doing it well, requires a bit of mastery and some practice... though as I often tell my son... the best solution to the problem is just not having it! I was also indirectly alluding to the fact that a slap of the face is an invitation to a fight and turning the other cheek is an invitation to peace. If one accept the invitation to a fight regardless of wining or loosing the battle one got entangles into fighting rather than something better... And as I sort of implied just now the best response to a slap on the face would be to move so the slap isn't a slap but a caress... a fight isn't a fight but a dance...

And as I sort of implied just now the best response to a slap on the face would be to move so the slap isn't a slap but a caress... a fight isn't a fight but a dance...

Thanks for the clarification.

It is a good thing for me to meditate on, and work on.

My reaction , too often is, to indicate to the slapper

what a slap is like, on the recieving end. :glare:

But often enough I absorb it.

Thats fine most of the time, unless It would end up being an ongoing issue.

Deflecting is an option I usually find distasteful for some reason,

Its like being pushed into a lie, participating in one

condoning the slap.

No doubt about it I would rather slug it out and lose ,than kiss-up.

and even after a loss , the slapper is looking at the same option, slug it out.

Like I said , its a thing I work on and make slow progress at.

Stosh

the slapper is looking at the... option, slug it out.

So if you accept the slapper invitation to slug it out you conceded surrendered to them the overall war regardless of you wining or losing the battle... I prefer it the other way around... regardless of who wins or losses the game... everyone gets to play and have fun... or to be a bit more precise everyone gets to play and each chooses if they will have fun at it or if they will have some other emotion...

Absorbing it and deflecting it most of the time does not help the other to get the message that they better play nice for its the only way they will win... Look up tit for tat strategy... its interesting to note that the strategy that could not win the contest won the contest...

Being pushed a certain way does not mean moving a certain way ... one can stand still while being pushed or pulled...

• Like 1

So if you accept the slapper invitation to slug it out you conceded surrendered to them the overall war regardless of you wining or losing the battle... I prefer it the other way around... regardless of who wins or losses the game... everyone gets to play and have fun... or to be a bit more precise everyone gets to play and each chooses if they will have fun at it or if they will have some other emotion...

Absorbing it and deflecting it most of the time does not help the other to get the message that they better play nice for its the only way they will win... Look up tit for tat strategy... its interesting to note that the strategy that could not win the contest won the contest...

Being pushed a certain way does not mean moving a certain way ... one can stand still while being pushed or pulled...

I am now reading the Hua hu Ching, It is clarifying a great deal.

I get your point, whether I will do it, is another battle.

Yes, the message is not that they can play this game and win.

It is a simple message.

Events come to us whether we wish those things to come or not,

and we must deal with them, if that is surrender , so be it.

Stosh

another battle, another exercise, another dance, another lesson, another experience...

You are on the spot

"Events come to us whether we wish those things to come or not,

and we must deal with them... "

We do get to name them and choose the attitude we will have... and may even have an influence of the events that will follow... which does changes what comes to us... is it an opportunity, a challenge, a temptation, a problem, a solution or something else...

So I see you chosen to name it a battle... I guess you are in a fighting mood... so thats the game you want to play for the time being... I will just dance along, exercise, work, play a bit longer who knows maybe you will choose to be in a playful mood and let the battle become a faint memory of games long past and best bound within a possibility that will be a possibility forever...

Yea indeed we could already be enlightened and just insist on having this temporal illusory experience... for a little while longer...

Oh we can definitely make a whole new fresh set of choices just now and can have a whole set of fresh circumstances right this instant for we are free in this life to choose what to do... why we choose to keep going in the direction we be going should make us wonder that we must really want what we have going right now...

Is there no ultimate goal? who knows ... but just in case there is strive to attain it and when you really find out you will be happy or it wont matter at all at that point...

People are not that easily can be enlightened. If they have, then it wouldn't be just insist on having this temporal illusory experience... for a little while longer...

I had noticed that the majority of the people do use the word 'enlightened", quite often, very loosely and unwisely.

You are wise sir , I am not in a playful mood. I have much to think about.

Stosh

Well FWIIW I am not in a fighting mood :-) ... so I guess its a draw... it can mean that we both win ...

• Like 1