Sign in to follow this  
spiraltao

qigonging with broken ribs?

my own truck jumped out of gear and ran me over, was pinned underneath for a half an hour. got flew to UT trauma center. that sums up the impetus of this question. this was now two weeks ago tonight.

so far the only qigong I have been doing is zhan zhuang and I can over do it very easily. I have done some footwork drillls too, I was wondering if circle walking with my hands by my side like in wuji would still torque the ribcage?

any ideas on other ways to loosen up this stiff body. it feels like much of what i accomplished is gone, i will have to start over, but now I know how to get back there

quite traumatic it was, getting ran over by a truck. (unexpectedly)

scott has given me two breathing exercises, one is a type alternate nostril breathing.

(edit to change frills to drills, lmao)

Edited by jaysahnztao

I would recommend you to do Zazen with breathing to speed up the recovery for the ribs. Since your ribs are broken, you should only breathe to a point that you don't feel any pain and avoid any strenuous exercises. Circle walking with your hands is not a desirable thing to do at this time.

• Like 1

my own truck jumped out of gear and ran me over, was pinned underneath for a half an hour. got flew to UT trauma center. that sums up the impetus of this question. this was now two weeks ago tonight.

so far the only qigong I have been doing is zhan zhuang and I can over do it very easily. I have done some footwork drillls too, I was wondering if circle walking with my hands by my side like in wuji would still torque the ribcage?

any ideas on other ways to loosen up this stiff body. it feels like much of what i accomplished is gone, i will have to start over, but now I know how to get back there

scott has given me two breathing exercises, one is a type alternate nostril breathing.

Sorry to hear about the accident. One thing that came to me right away, this event triggered the cumulative effect of your spiritual experiences of being trampled and crushed, corrected and deleted.

Also, let's remove any crushing effect from your physical presence, including all of your structure, systems, organs, tissues, cells, molecules, atoms, and quantum particles. Increase nerve supply, blood flow, lymphatic flow, lymphatic drainage and regenerate the traumatized areas.

I also corrected some fitness (strength, endurance, coordination, flexibility, agility, and speed) issues for your torso and a weakness turning to the right.

Sincerely,

-Adam

• Like 1

I damaged my ribs last year-or possible upset an old, pre-existing injury. Damn painful and unpleasant when you can't get comfortable and it is difficult to sleep. You really have my sympathy!

I was very fortunate that Michael Lomax ('Ya Mu' on the forum) did a distance healing (him in the USA, me in China) for me that REALLY reduced the pain very quickly. I know that some people are not open to the idea of distance healing, but I can only speak from personal experience.

I will caveat though that I did not get carried away with the pain reduction and overdo things straight after. The doctors should be able to advise you on a realistic recovery time.

• Like 2

YOU MUST BE VERY CAREFUL with Qigong and broken bones since the vibrational aspect can damage you instead of healing you. Seek someone who knows how to help you.

Ouch! Gotta hurt. Hope you are feeling better soon.

If you want, you can do a variation of the Sequential move while lying down. Email me for details if you wish to do this.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this