eye_of_the_storm

advice for a young seeker

I think, the following book will provide you with the advice you are looking for.

"The "Ordainer" controls the fate of souls in accordance with their prarabdhakarma (destiny to be worked out in this life, resulting from the balance sheet of actions in past lives). Whatever is destined not to happen will not happen, try as you may. Whatever is destined to happen will happen, do what you may to prevent it. This is certain. The best course, therefore, is to remain silent." (Ramana Maharshi).

:)

You wanna reach the Divine?

Read my previous post regarding fasting..

All other reasons are bs excuses.

Hmm thanks Tulku

excellent response

I am also aware of the dark occult agendas on this planet and the massive collective trauma humanity experienced ages past.

I have done small fasts before :) and have experienced the things you mentioned in small degrees

longest fast has been 3 days... after that I felt much lighter spiritually/physically + heighten senses, peace, my need for sleep went to about 4-5 hours and was waking up completely refreshed + more vivid dreams

I have wanted to go further, but it takes time + working up to it, which i have never done, just jumping in + lack of a clean/ natural, quite environment, being pulled back into the world.

I am vegetarian though, health maintained

I will again become more serious about fasting

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

I think, the following book will provide you with the advice you are looking for.

"The "Ordainer" controls the fate of souls in accordance with their prarabdhakarma (destiny to be worked out in this life, resulting from the balance sheet of actions in past lives). Whatever is destined not to happen will not happen, try as you may. Whatever is destined to happen will happen, do what you may to prevent it. This is certain. The best course, therefore, is to remain silent." (Ramana Maharshi).

:)

some has souls who are greater than the "ordainer"

or in other words.. some has greater authority in the spiritual world than a simple ordainer who looks after the affairs of earth..

for eg shakyamuni buddha.. his soul is definitely more powerful and carries more authority in the spiritual world than any "ordainer" who looks after planet earth..

i don't think shakyamuni buddha gives two hoots to any "ordainer" who tells him not to reach buddhahood..

so my advice to any seeker is .. strive for buddhahood and liberation and not even the "ordainer" can stop you from seeking what is rightfully yours..

@ OldGreen

To practice Zen or the Martial Arts, you must live intensely, wholeheartedly, without reserve - as if you might die in the next instant" - Taisen Des

awesome quote and thanks for the advice :)

@ thelerner

I have been considering ("wandering sage" style, haha) travel as my alternative, starting off in my own country/ natural environment and working/ helping on farms etc to pay my way + so I can maintain connection to nature + flexible / I can really start to go with the Tao :)

take a sketch book with me too :) thank you :)

@ Harmonious Emptiness

more helpful advice :) greatly appreciated - thank you :)

and thank you also Gerard

@ Small Fur

you may have missed

To see the divine in the mundane = the divine being dull, lacking interest, of baseness

though i agree in part :) every atom being a spark of the divine etc

I see the divine in nature, music, art, spoken + written word, through some humans

but what isnt Nature?

perhaps I should say "higher" expressions of the divine / or more conscious expressions of the divine?

but i still think there is more to it.. in terms of "good" and "bad"

it is difficult to deal in absolutes, when you are not absolute?

peace :)

if there is no difference what are you doing here then?

i'm afraid i don't understand the question. I am typing a response to your post at present.

why does my presence here indicate a difference between the mundane and the divine?

i am not here because it is mundane elsewhere and i am certainly not here because it is divine here. I am, as mentioned, presently here because i am attempting to elucidate that at the heart of reality, everything is divine, sacred, and everything is mundane, so there is no difference between sacred and profane in other words. In our limited scope of awareness, its easy to draw such distinctions, but the seeming perception of them doesn't mean its actually there, doesn't mean its really that way. From another point of view, these distinctions dissolve into each other, and into meaninglessness.

from the point of view of fullness, everything is love, the expression of the divine oneness as differentiated so that we can experience it and so that it can experience itself (2 ways of saying the same thing). So everything is sacred and divine, the very stuff of holiness itself. From the point of view of emptiness, everything is dust, transitory, boring in its limitations and completely mundane. So from a nondual point of view, both these truths are true at once and the mundane becomes the divine and vice versa. That is what i was getting at. It has nothing to do with my presence here. :)

Wolf- you are probably an indigo child/adult like me and most of the people on this forum. Old indigo souls are confused by people and the world.

Here is a recomendation. Learn the Sedona Method and study Lester Levenson. By "releasing" you will become the observer...similiar to what Eckhart Tolle teaches. Set wordly goals with the Sedona Method. By doing this, Lester says you are using the ego to undo the ego. At the same time the world will bring up all your negative programming - which you will release on and get rid of. After you have achieved your earthly goals - there will come a time when these things no longer appeal to you....At this time - you will devote your whole life to spiritual practice.

Also mix in a good Qigong or meditation practice also.

Wolf- you are probably an indigo child/adult like me and most of the people on this forum. Old indigo souls are confused by people and the world.

Here is a recomendation. Learn the Sedona Method and study Lester Levenson. By "releasing" you will become the observer...similiar to what Eckhart Tolle teaches. Set wordly goals with the Sedona Method. By doing this, Lester says you are using the ego to undo the ego. At the same time the world will bring up all your negative programming - which you will release on and get rid of. After you have achieved your earthly goals - there will come a time when these things no longer appeal to you....At this time - you will devote your whole life to spiritual practice.

Also mix in a good Qigong or meditation practice also.

Thank you Chi :)

I will have a look