Sign in to follow this  
Thunder_Gooch

Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought

Linear thinking :unsure:

:D Of course I have to take issue with the "runaway greenhouse effect" on Venus - it is a function of atmospheric density. Go to Venus and where the atmospheric density equals that of earth, the temperature is almost the same. And Mars doesnt have significant enough magnetic consequence to have protected it from the solar wind, that's why "something bad happened there." Tangential, sorry :blush:

I suppose, in a manner of speaking, but that would be along the same odd frame of reference that could conclude darth vader killed anakin skywalker. Nuclear war waged by the sun on Mars - without a powerful enough magnetosphere the solar wind will literally blow the atmosphere away.

I suppose, in a manner of speaking, but that would be along the same odd frame of reference that could conclude darth vader killed anakin skywalker. Nuclear war waged by the sun on Mars - without a powerful enough magnetosphere the solar wind will literally blow the atmosphere away.

Ahh... I was talking literally. Probably doesn't belong on a Taoist forum, but what does?

There is speculation and maybe evidence suggesting humans once inhabited Mars a long time ago... long story short nuclear war destroyed the magnetosphere...maybe

anyhow :mellow:

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

“Nothing is not nothing. Nothing is something. That's how a cosmos can be spawned from the void -- a profound idea conveyed in A Universe From Nothing that unsettles some yet enlightens others. Meanwhile, it's just another day on the job for physicist Lawrence Krauss.”

-- Neil deGrasse Tyson, Astrophysicist

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

Ahh... I was talking literally. Probably doesn't belong on a Taoist forum, but what does?

There is speculation and maybe evidence suggesting humans once inhabited Mars a long time ago... long story short nuclear war destroyed the magnetosphere...maybe

anyhow :mellow:

Impossible for a nuclear war to destroy the magnetosphere, unless it was of such great magnitude that it destroys the planet itself. Mars doesnt have the same huge spinning blob of iron at the core that earth does, it simply isnt sufficient - the planet basically "never matured" because it didnt have the means to protect itself :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this