Sign in to follow this  
forum_jedi

Question about BWE, isochronic tones, binaural beats, etc.

I recommend you buy an eeg system for this purpose, there are many commercial systems out and they are affordable.

I own the deluxe model but the cheaper version is only $100.00 USD

http://store.neurosky.com/collections/hardware

That looks pretty cool. Could you tell us more about it? How do you use it? What are the software programs like?

Thanks

Thanks for the anecdote about gamma ranges, More_Pie. I had considered whipping up a custom gamma session just for kicks, but I might be more cautious about doing that now. Was it one session that did it to you, or were you doing multiple sessions and then finally something "popped."?

Also, major props for the APPLE.MOV reference.

That looks pretty cool. Could you tell us more about it? How do you use it? What are the software programs like?

Thanks

Sorry somehow I missed this, I thought the thread had died.

The device I have has a built in lithium ion battery and you wear it like headphones and it uses blue tooth to connect to a computer, the computer then has software you install called visualizer and some other programs but I just use the visualizer.

You can see the amplitudes of certain frequency bands while meditating to get biofeedback, or you can use a screen capture program like fraps to see what happens when meditate and don't look later as a movie you can replay.

Thanks for the anecdote about gamma ranges, More_Pie. I had considered whipping up a custom gamma session just for kicks, but I might be more cautious about doing that now. Was it one session that did it to you, or were you doing multiple sessions and then finally something "popped."?

Also, major props for the APPLE.MOV reference.

It took several weeks of meditating with an hour long gamma session I think each, but more was coming quicker and faster each day, every moment was an AHA! or Eureka! or epiphany. And it kept coming, faster, faster, faster, to the point I couldn't write it out fast enough to keep up with the insights. I couldn't sleep for days even with OTC sleep medicine and melatonin, and a theta-->delta program I made with the sound of rain.

Then somewhere, BAM it happened. Popped would be an understatement, I was literally like that video twitching on the bed trying to coordinate my minds awareness, as I had multiple bodies each in a different layer of reality, my awareness split between them, an arm in one, and eye in another etc, and getting sensory input from all these different sources at once was so disorienting I was drooling pile of goo.

It took months to get back to normal, and then more like a full year+ to really recover, and even now I have residual flashbacks sometimes at the edge of sleeping and waking.

Sign in to follow this