Sign in to follow this  
Josama

Why is closing phase of Maoshan 5 elements right over left hand?

The closing phase for Kunlun is left over right hand but for Maoshan 5 elements it is the reserve,why is that?

Edited by Josama

This is a very good question. I hope knowledgable people are willing to answer.

At least personally I've noticed that it's a stronger form of collection...better for getting energy out of the head and just collecting it in the belly area.

It's good to follow the instructions.

Max explained briefly that the reverse position is for neigong and the regular position is for qigong. I haven't personally heard other info on it from him...but he would be the one to ask!

Other sources I've read or heard have said that the reverse position is for activating the blood, for drawing qi out of the dantien or drawing sick qi out of that part of the body...and that the regular position is for activating the qi, filling the dantien with qi, for sending healing energy into that part of the body, etc.

What's weird is that I personally get a lot of noise in my guts from doing the reverse position. Then I have to do a lot of 'opening the wind gates' chi nei tsang on myself for a few days to quiet it down.

Do you notice any differences between the two hand positions?

My experience has been that the normal position grounds the energy better I feel my downward energy flow getting stronger when doing it like this.When I do it reverse it feels more forceful, like somebody is pushing on my abdomen. When I do right over left it feels similiar as when doing the holding the belly position from way of energy.

Edited by Josama

As I was taught from him, if you've done spontaneous kl1, close left over right. Otherwise, the traditional right over left.

Interestingly, the way Jenny teaches it you don't touch the tan tien area at all. Just rest your hands on your lap. I have been trying this way for awhile. I like it since I can really relax and go into more of a deep meditation after Kunlun/Yigong.

I really enjoy standing but it's not my path right now. Pretty much just focus on Kunlun/Yigong and outdoor stuff/hiking.

Interestingly, the way Jenny teaches it you don't touch the tan tien area at all.

In her video she does the same hands on belly position in addition to hands on lap, if I remember correctly.

I read somewhere, for men Left side is yang, right is ying. for women Left side is ying, right side is yang

I know when I learned the falun dafa exercises the closing for men and woman were different. men always right hand over left

sifu lamb closes with hands on the thighs

red phoenix right over left

I have noticed that both Michael Lomax(stillness movement) and Chunyi Lin(spring forest) have elaborate closings. After 1 hour of meditation, both spend 15-20 mins massaging various accu points to make sure energy is not trapped anywhere and moves away from the head.

Sign in to follow this