Sign in to follow this  
Astral Monk

Bagua: Configurations of Trigrams

I have no idea myself if Taoist Immortality and Buddhist Awakening are the same thing. Some other teachers that I respect say it certainly is. While others do make the distinctions.

Are their any records from ancient China of a Buddha and Immortal having a conversation? Now that would be something cool to read :lol:

Hopefully can avoid thread diversion, but a lot early Quan Zhen writing says that even the goals of Confucianism are the same as Taoism and Buddhism. I believe this is generally less so the view of Buddhists (who rarely study esoteric Taoism) however.

pandoras%2Bbox2.jpg

• Like 1

Heh, "cutting off at the root".

Although the way I understand this (so far) is that the thing to be "cut off" is fake. Never existed. What remains is what exists. Despite what I have to add to the matter. Or attempt to remove.

Also, if there's going to be a line of sorts, well it can't possibly be straight here. Even just on account of the curve of the planet. Hahaha. Then, think your language is linear because the words come "one after the other"? If you look closer, meaning doesn't always. Yes it's harder to spot in English. Mucho gusto:-)

----- ranting opinion alert---

I meant a trigram.

_____

__ __

_____

How do you determine this trigram is yin or yang....???

mostly yin

Let's get back on course....

The evolution of the Early Day Ba Gua to the Later Day Ba Gua was based on the reaction of the corresponding trigrams. There are four directional trigrams and four corner trigrams. The four directional trigrams are only using one line to react with the complementary trigram across from each other. The four corner trigrams are using two lines to react between the top and bottom trigrams on the left and right sides.

media-0304200501.gif

1. The top and bottom lines of the Swamp and Thunder trigrams exchanged positions, in the Early Day Ba Gua, and become the Wind and Mountain in the Later Day Ba Gua.

2. The top two lines of Wind trigram and the bottom two lines of the Mountain exchanged positions, in the Early Day Ba Gua, and become Earth and Heaven trigrams in the Later Day Ba Gua.

Sign in to follow this