Vmarco

Exploring the Now

Well let's explore this: I am posting now. but by the time anyone else reads it, it wont be now.

Maybe the mind works in a similar manner, get it?

Or, ar we still going on about this? I've lsot track of this thread. much like i cant remember my dreams when i wake up. HUH so many similarities, huh?

Well let's explore this: I am posting now. but by the time anyone else reads it, it wont be now.

Well, just don't forget to brush your teeth. Yeah, do it now. Darn! Too late! We can never cach up with the now in the micro so we just live in the macro and do what needs be done.

Exploring the now, of course. there's still a lot of fog of war and im pretty sure there be dragons here.

Yes, beware of the dragons. And beware of those who tell you that you do not exist. Beware too of those who tell you that life is an illusion.

Oh!, so many things to be(a)ware of.

The "now" is the only point in time (linear time) that I can interact with. The past is written in concrete and the future is not here yet.

We cannot change the past but we do have a chance of changing the future.

maybe. or maybe the future is predetermined.

Possibly, the future is only a group of potentials, like the creature path in spore; herbivore/omnivore/carnifore ---> social/adaptable/predator ----> friendly/industrious/warlike ---> religious/economic/military = X

Except we have many more options, so there are like 4098^4098 possible outcomes at every passing "now". or something like that :lol:

Maybe we change the future outright, maybe it's only out of possible choices. maybe it's predetermined and we're just characters in a book.

First,...it is IMPOSSIBLE to post anything in the Now, because there is no Now within time, and the post is within time.

As for the Youtube's above,...they show the ignorance (what is being ignored) of/by science.

Yes, Einstein basic calculation is correct,..R = 0,...end of story. But that doesn't sit well with the object-iveness of science, so they continue,...R = 0 = infinity. But there is no infinity outside of the mathematicians delusion.

Both Youtube's suggested that no one "knows",...yet this too is scientific BS. Just because they don't know, doesn't mean all don't know.

Zero upsets peoples sensory logic, so those who cling to such nonsense as the 6 senses must imagine stuff like infinities to make their delusions more palatable.

The Now is timeless, massless, and energyless,...just like what occurs when the you that you really are, reaches the so-called speed of light. Light travels no distance in no time and thus has no need for speed. Like Buddha or Wu Chi, neither the Now or Light has moved a centimeter in all eternity.

All phenonoma is in the past. Phenomena cannot exist in the Now,...nor does the Now exist in phenomena. When all phenomena is added together, the sum is 0, not unity.

All phenomena effects its illusion of motion upon the Now, not within the Now.

V

First,...it is IMPOSSIBLE to post anything in the Now, because there is no Now within time, and the post is within time.

This is fascinating. I think...the more I read of your posts I'm beginning to understand where you are coming from.

If I understand you correctly:

1. Anything experienced in TIME has always Passed. It must be for the 6 senses to be able to "detect it". This makes sense to me as I read approximately 2 years ago research studies done on humans that showed the senses only notice what's already been. The body knew and decided what to do before even one brain cell picked up the change.

This opened up a whole can of worms for the researchers because it implied (once they really looked at the data) that humans don't have Free Will in the way we are all accustomed to teaching and philosophizing we do. The brain cells only registers things already in the past and we only just now finally have the technology to even demonstrate this. Even weirder this squares with many spiritual tradition's Awareness teachings! That there IS a kind of Awareness that has zero need for the brain or any other senses at all.

[Now extend the above research to the Brain itself and it starts to get *really* whacky. :blink:]

As for the Youtube's above,...they show the ignorance (what is being ignored) of/by science.

Yes, Einstein basic calculation is correct,..R = 0,...end of story. But that doesn't sit well with the object-iveness of science, so they continue,...R = 0 = infinity. But there is no infinity outside of the mathematicians delusion.

Both Youtube's suggested that no one "knows",...yet this too is scientific BS. Just because they don't know, doesn't mean all don't know.

Zero upsets peoples sensory logic, so those who cling to such nonsense as the 6 senses must imagine stuff like infinities to make their delusions more palatable.

I guess unless or until one experiences awareness that has none of the 6 senses involved then one will not be able to convince him/her that the way they perceive things can be done any other way?

The Now is timeless, massless, and energyless,...just like what occurs when the you that you really are, reaches the so-called speed of light. Light travels no distance in no time and thus has no need for speed. Like Buddha or Wu Chi, neither the Now or Light has moved a centimeter in all eternity.

phenonoma is in the past. Phenomena cannot exist in the Now,...nor does the Now exist in phenomena. When all phenomena is added together, the sum is 0, not unity.

All phenomena effects its illusion of motion upon the Now, not within the Now.

V

Ok. I think I'm getting a bit better where you are coming from now.

This is interpreting Lao Tzu and the Buddha as a Physicist would. That is..I read the above as the way Lao Tzu might teach the Tao te Ching had he been born today and been a Physicist.

I find these posts intriguing!!!

For one it is saying that

A ) One can actually engage in practices that will empirically prove the above "Einstein-ian equations" in one's very own mind. Especially with regard to the properties of the equation E = MC2

B ) It is saying that the things Lao Tzu and the Buddha taught are compatible with modern Physics and furthermore can be *verified* with modern Physics. Indeed...from the standpoint of Physics some of what the Buddha taught becomes more understandable (at least to me).

As I understand VMarco is defining NOW in very specific terms. He is being very precise when he speaks of NOW and it is not the way ordinary, run-of-the-mill people mean when they speak of "now". He's speaking from the point of view of Physics.

Notice this statement:

Light travels no distance in no time and thus has no need for speed.

This is (I think!) scientifically correct (as I understand it).

Now the things he does say that upset people is that moving Light (since all the known universe is made of such) is illusion. And if you read the above statement - I can see how it could be argued as true (assuming my very sketchy understanding of the theory of relativity is correct).

I think that was the breakthrough Einstein had. He saw movement from "Light's" perspective. Think of the first Matrix movie. Remember the scenes of "Bullet time"? That's from Light's perspective. We are beings of Light and meditation exercises are designed to show us our own "Light" from Light's "perspective" applies to ourselves. Therefore it means in all of eternity WE have not moved (from LIGHT'S perspective that is) - remember this is Physics, not "ordinary" understanding. The illusion is thinking that we do (from a relative pov we do, not so from Light's pov as I gather).

Edit: And now I think I understand some of those verses from the Heart Sutra:

Sariputra!

There is no such thing as the Four Noble Truths. Therefore there is no suffering and pain. No origin of suffering and pain. No cessation of suffering and pain. And no Noble Path leading to the cessation of suffering and pain.

There is no attainment and no non-attainment.

Because of Prajna Paramita (Wisdom) Bodhisattvas attain gainlessness and therefore have no Obstructions or hinderances in their minds. And since they have no obstructions, they have no Fear, see through delusions and finally attain Nirvana.

From the standpoint of Light as Einstein demonstrated "movement" from Light's perspective - all of the above is true!

Again...my understanding of Relativity is sketchy so I admit I could be wrong.

However...it intrigues me that the way VMarco is presenting Buddhist (and to a lesser extent Taoist) ideas is fully compatible with modern Physics.

Scientists tend not to be Taoists so they don't think about 'Wu' teachings. If they did perhaps they would be comfortable with Einstein's equations equaling zero and simply stopping there.

But anyone who has only ever experienced the 6 senses and sporadically or never practices meditation will be unable to prove the truth or falseness of these equations to him/herself.

That is indeed a remarkable claim. But I do believe that if Taoism/Buddhism is true then it would need to be fully compatible with what science discovers as well.

Vmarco...

It sounds as if you are saying that perhaps hundreds or a thousand years in the future scientists may actually realize Einstein was right all along (R=0) and give up the need to go beyond that into infinity in the same way that Ether was tossed aside as a totally unneeded "medium" for waves and particles to "travel through" in order for Quantum Physics to work.

What about the teachings of people reaching stages where there is no longer a hierarchy? It's my understanding once one has reached the final stage hierarchy doesn't exist anymore (that whole Nirvana is Samsara thing).

In other words the 'delusion' is thinking we actually 'move' for from Light's perspective we don't. And since we are all made of Light (literally the stuff of stars) this is what Prajna exercises are designed to prove empirically to us. (am I misreading you here?)

I've always wondered how Buddhists square emptiness (which I see as a pre-modern society's discovering some laws of Physics and trying to teach it in terms those ancient societies could understand) with the Mahaparinirvana sutra? I have long been baffled about how they square that circle.

Are you saying that some Buddhists do not have a complete enough understanding of their own realizations because they teach something that also happens to violate Einstein's equations?

Edited by SereneBlue

Vmarco, I am trying to determine why you correlated imploding to yang and exploding to yin? (It only seems to be true from the perspective of an opposite universe)

Edited by Informer