Dreamwalker

sleeping qigong/shui gong teachers in USA?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone know of any sleeping qigong/shui gong teachers in the USA? I tried contacting Dragon Gate in NY and Michael Lomax's website but received no replies. Besides them, does anyone know of any other teachers?

Thanks!

Be less concerned with learning sleeping qigong and more concerned with learning the entirety of a complete system, of which sleeping qigong is just a part.

I know that, for example, Michael Lomax's tradition has many different aspects and qigongs to it- running qigong, tree qigong, sleeping qigong, standing, walking, etc etc. But they're all just aspects of one overarching practice.

I assume it would be the same with the Dragon's Gate lineage.

I for one have done a LOT of dreaming and lucid dream work over the years since I started lucid dreaming as a child. I'm just going to tell you up front that, as far as my experience goes, dreaming/lucid dreaming alone is not a very viable strategy. It will be far more effective as a supplement to some other practice. Maybe at very high levels you can switch the ratio, where it is the sleeping which informs most of the practice.

But unless you have a lot of experience in a practice in waking, or if you are a phenomenally experienced/talented dreamer, you won't get much out of a sleeping practice on its own.

Then again, I have no knowledge or experience of methods from either tradition.

You might have more luck contacting Michael Lomax through this board (Ya Mu), unless he hasn't been around, which might be the case, since I don't follow him, or for that matter, keep up with anyone's forum activity. I'm not sure how accessible the Dragon's Gate lineage is.

From what I have seen, Michael is tremendously open and accessible. You should have no problem finding out information on seminars and events, and I'm sure if you could meet him in person and demonstrate that you're committed to a full practice, he seems like the kind of guy who'd share with you what you'd like to know.

But that's just my impression. Not responsible for anything that goes on between you and him :ninja:

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone know of any sleeping qigong/shui gong teachers in the USA? I tried contacting Dragon Gate in NY and Michael Lomax's website but received no replies. Besides them, does anyone know of any other teachers?

Thanks!

I apologize if you tried contacting me and I didn't respond. I receive an unbelievable number of emails and calls per day. Sometimes one of these slips through the cracks because I do try to respond to everyone. If it was a phone call I possibly missed it while I was in the process of changing service.

Sloppy has the right of it with his post above. I do not teach sleeping or dreaming qigong as a separate thing; it is an inherent part of the total system. I suggest to you to look at total systems without attempting to piece together the singular aspects.

If you do still have a question for me please resend an email or give me a call and I will do my best to answer.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for your input.

I am a newbie in qigong, and i have been doing wuji and zhan zhong everyday for 3 years. I never plan to stop my daytime practice, but I want to extend my practice to the night. I would love it even more if it came with a complete system to do during daytime to avoid any potential problems with mixing different systems.

Michael, thanks for your post. i am very interested in your stillness movement neigong and i will contact you.

Edited by Dreamwalker

Chunyi Lin teaches sleeping and walking Qigong in his Level one course. It's pretty simple - it's just basically breathing into the lower dantien and releasing all blockages as smoke to the universe.

Eva Wong teaches various sleeping postures in her system. There wasn't really much to it outwardly (although sometimes less can be more). Unlike other qigong forms where you direct chi through intention, in sleeping qigong you just kind of line up the body certain ways and let the energy do its thing naturally. There may be more advanced stuff in the higher levels since her lineage traces back to chen xiyi who was said to sleep for weeks/months at a time.