Tux

Teachers on the big island of Hawaii?

If you are stronger than than the dog than it will never attack you except as an act of panic if you're provoking it.

if you choose to let fear cloud out your heart and will until you are on par with a rabbit then of course it will look at you like it would the rabbit.. LUNCH! :P

That is a fallacy!

There is no evidence to susport such Vicious Breed/Pit Bull apologists contention that if one is not afraid the dog won't attack (inflicting permanent and disfiguring injury),...nor is there evidence that the disproportionate Pit Bull attacks among all breeds is do to bad owners

The Lynn, Massachusetts pit bull ordinance got it right,..."pit bulls as "dangerous animals" with "powerful instincts for dominance" and "unyielding aggressiveness." But in Hawaii, Pit Bull ownership, already the highest per capita in the US, is on the rise.

I watched a fearless teen (about 17) walking down a street when a little, 15 lb yappy dog ran out and started going for his ankles,...as he motioned to kicked it away, two rottweilers came to yappy dogs rescue, viciously attacking the teen, knocking him down, while he fought all the way. I ran up and kicked one of the rottweiler (I have numerous years practicing Hapkido). The owner, a white trash woman, called her dogs and yelled at the teen and myself, a good twenty feet beyond her property. The teen had two deep gashes. I gave him my phone number and told him to go to a doctor immediately to counter any infection. As far as I know, like millions of others, he did not report it.

No Bodhisattva,...no genuine spiritual person,...would own a vicious dog breed,....or be so arrogant as to argue that only fearful people get attacked.

My own son, when he was three, was in our yard (a 1 acre Vancouver Wa lot), when from the kitchen door I saw a predatory wolf-hybrid approaching him in a hunting way,...without hesitation, I lifted a rifle that was next to the door and shot the dog in the hind no less than five feet from my son who was unaware of the dogs approach. I was arrested, and latter the dogs owner attempted to sue me.

In Vancouver, Wa one was not allowed to harm a vicious dog until after you have been mamed, or your child is dead.

The only "clouded heart" is Dreamingawake's imagination and inconsiderateness for others who are daily terrorized by vicious breeds.

V

Edited by Vmarco
  • Like 1

Vmarco,

I feel insulted and terrorized by your vicious attacks...it's as if you were barking and growling at me, lunging at me in an attempt to change my opinion. You have been creating an atmosphere of violence rather than peace in this thread about Hawaii!

I'm not kidding whatsoever. Time to look at yourself. :)

"we need to draw our attention to what is false in us, for unless we learn to recognize the false as the false, there can be no lasting transformation, and you will always be drawn back into illusion, for that is how the false perpetuates itself" Eckhart Tolle

However, what this thread shows is a disturbing lack of empathy for those who are, and have been terrorized by vicious breeds,...which are HUGELY popular in Hawaii.

No considerate, caring, respectful person could possibly own a Vicious Breed animal. The fact that so many do is quite telling of the state of humanity. Be very careful visiting the Big Island. Pit Bulls, the number one dog on the Big Island are ,..."dangerous animals with powerful instincts for dominance and unyielding aggressiveness."

I never stated that lack of fear would stop dog attacks.

There is a huge difference between being fearless and being strong.

Straw man arguments and personal attacks don't negate the information I'm offering.

Clearly you've had some bad experiences and if you want to let fears based on those past events rule your perceptions then that is certainly your choice to make.

Just please don't attempt to spread fear and prejudice under the guise of 'spiritual truth.' The world already has plenty of that going on without your adding to it.

• Like 2

",...I, like many others who don't spend their days on the internet ridiculing from partially comprehending posts"

pure gold that one.

"we need to draw our attention to what is false in us, for unless we learn to recognize the false as the false, there can be no lasting transformation, and you will always be drawn back into illusion, for that is how the false perpetuates itself" Eckhart Tolle

vmarco keep reading this one until you understand it

"The owner, a white trash woman"

is this how a truly spiritual person refers to their neighbor?

i am happy that we are making progress at least you stopped calling all hawaiians terrorists.

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 2

",...I, like many others who don't spend their days on the internet ridiculing from partially comprehending posts"

pure gold that one.

vmarco keep reading this one until you understand it

"The owner, a white trash woman"

is this how a truly spiritual person refers to their neighbor?

i am happy that we are making progress at least you stopped calling all hawaiians terrorists.

from what I can tell, even though yiu take the moral high ground you still instigate further argument with your passive aggresive posts.

G'day to you!

• Like 1

yeppers it is just another wonderful day in the tao :)

as long as any living creature continues to be attacked i will continue to be their advocate.

when the attacks stop i will shut the #$%^ up.

in the meanwhile, i really dont have anything better to do.

• Like 3

However, what this thread shows is a disturbing lack of empathy for those who are, and have been terrorized by vicious breeds,...which are HUGELY popular in Hawaii.

No considerate, caring, respectful person could possibly own a Vicious Breed animal. The fact that so many do is quite telling of the state of humanity. Be very careful visiting the Big Island. Pit Bulls, the number one dog on the Big Island are ,..."dangerous animals with powerful instincts for dominance and unyielding aggressiveness."

Are we still going on about pits and alleged "viscious breeds"???

Okay.

Well, all i can say is my experience of so called "visious" breeds:

Never met a doberman, but i hear they are prone to a brain degenerative disorder which is a LEGIT excuse

for calling them "naturally viscious".

a few boxers i've seen but never been so little as growled at.

And each and every pit bull except one has been nothing more than a gigantic puppydog.

In every case of my encounters with pitbulls, they had been taken care of by loving and caring owners, and turned out to be loyal and protective dogs.

In the single case of a viscious pitbull, it was a dog for fighting. plain and simple, the reason that pit was viscious was because she was TRAINED TO BE.

Neglected.

HOWEVER, in her own defense, she was a big old puppydog to human beings and children, only attacked other dogs, relentlessly, as she had been wrongfully trained to do.

Her sister was trained much in the same way, but i never met her sister except long enough to break the two up from a fight.

I heard that the other pit attacked children and cats, but "Gypsie", as i knew the fighting dog as, was only viscious to other dogs. no exception.

Where do you get your information about viscious breeds? Biased statistical information?

Take one moment to read my post again, please, Vmarco, and then take an extra moment to weigh the information.

In your experience, have you ever met a well trained pit who attacked you?

In my experience, a well trained pit isnt one who is trained for fighting. period.

Before you get off on saying some dogs are "naturally viscious" breeds, take the time to consider their training.

All wild dogs will bark and growl at you over their territory. many will even go as far as to attack you.

But all domestic dogs were, at one time, wild. Even a wolf can be tamed.

in the meanwhile, i really dont have anything better to do.

:lol:

Edited by Hot Nirvana Judo Trend

being truly relaxed and without fear imo/ime works. have playfulness as your mantle . of course there is another piece to the puzzle but with these i have mentioned here should experience less problems. hang in there.

I second this. Playfulness is the attitude dogs understand especially well, because most of them spend most of their lives looking for clues of playfulness in their owners, for they're dying to be invited to play and don't want to miss the slightest opportunity. I live in Dog City USA (the only one in California that votes republican, by the way), and occasionally my walking qigong path crosses the Dog Beach where dogs of all sizes and levels of compliance are let off the leash in large numbers, so I've learned to warn the ones that look over-excited or potentially unfriendly, "hey, hey, slow down, I have three cats!!! Don't mess with me!" The dogs usually laugh when I say that. Except that one time when a dog looked positively shocked upon hearing about the three cats, and his owner told me, "please don't talk of cats in his presence. He's had some unfortunate encounters..."

smile.gif rbv "No job to go to, you lucky bum"

a tao bums work is never done biggrin.gif

:lol: i miss the free time i once had, but value the school time i've gained, though at the expense of free time i would otherwise have had if i were living elsewhere. but i'm also maturing from the time i spend taking care of kids and chores (as rent) where i live. It's win some lose some, but gain more :lol:

Lounge in the sun once, for me :P