Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

This Ripe Moment, Continued...

Because quite frankly, people get offended when you speak plainly :P To whit, why the strong response? When one's foundation is firm, what perturbs him? :)

Yes, I will address your narrative in a direct, non wordy fashion.

What people are offended? Please name a few? Positing sweeping generalizations with implied evidence makes no case in point.

To wit is generally used in legal documents and rarely seen in common usage. I considered law school at one point in time and to this day I don't frame arguments in terms of "to wit", "if and only if" etc. I have many clients that are lawyers including Stanford law grads. Never do they speak to me in that fashion. :lol:

Further, I rarely agree with any of your so called narrative. Your narrative which you claim is poorly understood, is replete with an impoverished mindset i.e, there are not enough resources to care for all in this country and by extension all inhabitants in this particular biosphere. Therefor, reduce government to basically nothing ,which in turn eliminates all social programs, EPA, Department of Education etc. The result of which will give Joeblast an extra $5.95 in his pocket every week. BTW, you and your "Tea Bagger Party" friends never mention the military industrial complex and the dangers of. Even Eisenhower understood that problem.

Impoverished mindset :lol: I love the concepts you conjure up - you should think about writing a comic book sometime! You who doesnt believe a person should have to lift a finger in order to make his way through the world, it should all just be provided - I've already told you that star trek society is a loooong way off man - why do you think we can just magically jump there today and ignore all of our present day problems? (outside of the military, of course, why that's a real problem...say, why'd most of our allies veritably gut their militaries? because we're taking care of it. :rolleyes: so that doesnt mean "let's follow suit" - in that vein, why bother ever doing any kung fu? There is no need to go beating up on people :rolleyes: because everyone out there is nice and well mannered and wouldnt ever think of hurting you, of course.)

You simply have a skewed concept of resources and there's not much I can do to make that horse drink water. Yes, you rarely agree with my narrative, because like an AGW alarmist, you've got your answer before you've even really begin your assessment. I might as well go try to convince Hugo Chavez of the wonders of a free market :lol:

I've already explained the resource curve in relation to start trek level technologies. You simply cant get your head around the fact that just because the resources are in existence it doesnt mean everyone can have them right now and perfectly evenly. Then again, you seem to be against letting somebody go harvest resources and make a profit by doing so, in effect removing almost all incentive - how's that stagnant idealism working for you? About as well as Obama's stagnant ideas for the economy.

So ralis, you dont believe people should have to work for a living - do you think people should have to work for spiritual powers? What's preventing you from going around advocating that since there are accomplished masters out there, they didnt earn it, they stole their power from the universe, now give it back, redistribute it so that everyone is equal? Why is that fair that some people are allowed to have spiritual powers when others are not?

See - it is no different - and since God or the Tao does not convene to bend to the whims of the loudest crybaby constituents, there is no such thing as spiritual welfare, and we each have to get up off our asses (or on, as the case may be) and do the fkn work ourselves - nobody can do it for you. Please explain the fairness of that to me.

"Why is that fair that some people are allowed to have spiritual powers when others are not?"

why ask why? pour me a guiness. ok, i will pour it myself.

"why bother ever doing any kung fu?"

becoz it is a personal responsibility to do so. duh.

"So ralis, you dont believe people should have to work for a living "

i missed where ralis ever said or implied this?

"there is no such thing as spiritual welfare"

can we be sure? i wonder if heaven has a ghetto?

"and do the fkn work ourselves "

yeppers imo doing some of the spiritual work is helping out those in need

altho it should not be mandated by law imo

i am still saying to be a true patriot you need to be a moonshiner and/or a pirate laugh.gif

let's just remind ourselves who pays the bils here in usa, the middle class does.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

dang i like that so much i have to also post this one

i think it is relevant but maybe look at it in the abstract unsure.gif

nice strong back beat tho reminds me of the backbone that is america-the middle class

my observation is if the GOP base is tolerating romney to be the nominee then they have no will

to win the election. where is the fight? i thought joeblast didn't like progressives?

what the hey do you call romney? with a capital P

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QDDaidLPNZU

useful skill sets for coming times

nothing ever changes in appalachia no matter who thinks they are in power (delusion)

but we aint complaining just sit around strum guitars

play some baguazhang, it dont get no better than that anyways

enuff of us drawing unemployment to keep the party going

stay loose ya'll coz we is

cool.gif

a n a r c h i s t to the core laugh.gif reminder never to take zerostao serious smile.gif

which bills were you referring to? it sure aint income tax :lol: how's them small business owner expenses...

not a romney supporter - I will be casting a vote against obama no matter what goes down...meh, voting against instead of for...always...

"should have to work for a living"...yeah, an extrapolation, but not one too far...

i stand corrected joeblast. i must have had a moment similar to mccain's when he thought the middle class started with someone making just below 5 million a year happy.gif

do ya reckon the top tax payers could pay all these taxes without the help they get directly or indirectly from the middle class?

small bizness owner's expenses, yeah, well it is just another challenge to overcome.

i 'd imagine that my small bizness is smaller than most. almost a hobby really

so finding common ground smile.gif i will leave this thread.

thanks joeblast for the dialogue.

if we could only take aim(ee) and vote for instead of against

booyah

Yeah, its why I always advocate a smaller govt footprint - anyone who wants to start a business should be able to and not have a ton of roadblocks to overcome, tithes to pay...

:) /\

Sign in to follow this