settler

Wild Goose, the healer form

Wild Goose Qigong could be just one more style out there, between hundreds of styles. But it ins't. There are only a few known styles that can train a person to heal others. Among them there is Reiki, which is hilarious how people appropriates other styles and categories and believe they invented it. Reiki as only 80 years old and is master stole the concept from Qigong. None the less we must give credit to Reiki because they are improving the healing part of Qigong. Which is not that well develop by the martial arts which care only on power and self health. Raiki should be appropriated called Reiki Qigong, because is a style of something that already existed. Like "Baguazhang Liu Jingru cheng style", He didn't created something new, Bagua and Cheng already existed before him, he only give its flavor.

Wild goose trains you to project Qi width your hands, in order for you to heal others. which is demonstrated by master Jo on Youtube. I also have achieve this width Wild Goose training. The training opens your hand Chankras, like reiki does, when you open them, you can heat stuff or boiled water. When applied to animals puts them to sleep. In Chakras regulates them, which can be unbalanced, if on part of the body is releasing to much sick Qi.

Master Jo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnLV3YPUTS4

Wild Goose train was secret, it was only released to public in 1980 by Yang Mei-Jung. She almost die buried alive by the Japanese army and she thought, well I'm the only linage holder of this form, if i die all this knowledge goes with me. So she neglected her master who was also her father, and teach the form to open public. She was a renewed healer up to recent times.

Giving forms away and not explaining is not that good. Lets say you open your hands chackras and can now project energy like master Jo. How do you regains this energy? Is wasteful energy or most be used with caution? She didn't give any clues on how this stuff works.

She publish the form Wild Goose I in Qimagine in 92, it explain very well on how to perform it, but not at any point she explains. Like having a firearm in stone age. Its great, but you don't know how it relay works, and what cautions you should have.

Qimagazine its now free to donwload: http://www.qimagazine.com/qimagazine00.html

Her son, called Chen, performs WG at youtube:

. If you read the instructions. watch him perform and repeat the video hundreds of times, you can master it like i did. Or you can find a master.

Its not that hard to reach it, i did in 3 years, after this period i could no longer do Yin training. Because i was losing so much energy in just one run of Wild Goose that i have stop training. Now i just practice physical training like: Bagua, Tai Chi or Xing Yi Quan.

Wild Goose get you straight to felling Qi. The filling is also associated with manipulation. Once you start filling up to high levels you can send it more easily to any part of the body. You can't manipulate something that you don't fill. Sure, in the books they say, send energy to this place or that, or control your sexual energy. If you focus, I'm sure some energy will be send. But once you start filling, you can send great amounts of Qi, and even observe the phenomena more easily inside the body. You can manipulated it, because you develop that felling which allows you to.

Some one asked "I don't understand Qi manipulation", hope that explains it.

Wild Goose form I serves to opens the hand Chankras. Wild Goose form II is to learn how to fell Qi, in a very natural way that no one can understand it unless by practicing.

Not sure what Wild Goose III is for. It makes you pad the body, supposedly makes Qi runs better, and do a tiny Bagua. It doesn't focus on any thing like I or II. Way so little of this or that training, Not full Bagua, not full padding, not full any other kind of stuff. The real why is beyond me. Its needed for sure, Wild Goose is such an advanced system, if is there, most be some reason.

I advice to start your training with Wild Goose. Is such a development, that you can improve all other trainings: Bagua, Tai Chi, Xing yi Quand, meditation, you name it. For me WG is the base that you should have. Not only, is me getting to this conclusion, as before, disciples start with hard external style and then soft internal style. Today they start with soft because it get more results. Following this line of thought, you should pick the softest form available to start. Which in my opinion is WG.

Wild Goose is composed of 9 forms, but no credential teacher teach it to the west. You can only find instruction up to III. Dr Binku Hu, teach it to the West, but i don't call him a qualified instructor. I'm in believe Yang mei-Jung intentionally mislead him. My knowledge goes only to 3º form and i leave the rest up to the forum readers to explain more about Wild Goose training.

Yang mei Jun perfoming soft palms: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZEw6eOPBk4

* Extra information's is explained in this past topics: Building concentration with Mantra, Yin training vs Yang training, A full training program, Baguazhang Cheng style Liu Jingru, Ba Duan Jin The Source.

Edited by settler
  • Like 2

incredible. almost every single statement in the original post is either grossly inaccurate or completely wrong.

i mean, WOW. somebody had to say it.

you don't seem to have any idea what you are talking about.

• Like 6

incredible. almost every single statement in the original post is either grossly inaccurate or completely wrong.

Lol, I wasn't going to bother saying anything till I saw this post... It is Incredible isn't it... :D

• Like 3

The OP does not seem to have English as a first language, which makes it difficult to follow at times. Hard to be sure exactly what is being said.

I know that no one likes to be publicly slated though-including yourself-so you could have put it more tactfully, and perhaps also addressed the issues you are questioning. It would have been more constructive. People tend not to learn best when they are being mocked.

For example, if we wanted to be constructive in our post, we could say:

Esoteric healing methods are contained within some very old Japanese schools, such as the Tenshin Shoden Katori Shinto Ryu. The Kashima Shin Ryu contains some very interesting esoteric methods also (as do other Koryu). From this we can say while they may have come from Chinese sources, they have been taught and practiced in Japan for probably a few hundred years.

Projecting qi for healing ISN'T widely taught. It ISN'T part of many qigong practices. In this I would agree with the OP. It was popularised initially in the 1950's in China. Hu Yaozhen opened the first qigong hospital in Beijing in the late 1940's. The meeting of different masters in the 1950's seems to have led to some standardisation of practice among different schools (I base this on having met and witnessed what several different qigong healers actually do). That isn't to say some schools don't have their own particular methods, but there has certainly been a sharing of some basic practices.

How effective Yang Meijun's methods are I couldn't say. I've never practiced them. It has been reported that she only taught part of what she knew, the rest remaining within the family. In regards to the history, the OP is only saying what has been widely reported.

That the OP has not had good experiences-from what I can gather-is a personal thing. I suppose the question then is how did the OP learn this? Directly from a teacher or via books/DVD's. You would expect a teacher to address these kinds of things.

As for preparing the body for martial arts training, traditional Chinese schools have their own methods. These cater for the demands of that particular method, and would likely be more suited than say just choosing to do Wild Goose qigong. Good schools have their own jibengong and neigong.

I know you have a wealth of experience Hundun-as do you Seth. You've both made some interesting posts and shared interesting information. This thread presents an opportunity to do that, and to offer some useful insight. Especially since the OP has posted with what seems to me to be good intentions.

• Like 4

The OP does not seem to have English as a first language, which makes it difficult to follow at times. Hard to be sure exactly what is being said.

I know that no one likes to be publicly slated though-including yourself-so you could have put it more tactfully, and perhaps also addressed the issues you are questioning. It would have been more constructive. People tend not to learn best when they are being mocked.

I know you have a wealth of experience Hundun-as do you Seth. You've both made some interesting posts and shared interesting information. This thread presents an opportunity to do that, and to offer some useful insight. Especially since the OP has posted with what seems to me to be good intentions.

what i posted was a much nicer criticism than what i had written at first. you want me to show discretion; i say that i did. i'm just not you. i don't work the way that you do. and i'm never going to.

btw, you DO that you've never once left a comment engaging with anything i have EVER written here, right? i mean, with the exception of a few back-and-forths about what a jerk i am, you've never once commented on any of my substantive posts. so when you talk about my wealth of experience and "interesting" posts & information, it just reads like polite condescension to me.

yes, it's clear that English is not the OP's native tongue. and have i ever even once criticized an individual for struggling with the language around here? NEVER. and i wouldn't. i apply a little effort, read closely, and do my best to ascertain the intended meaning, just like everybody else.

i didn't want to re-write virtually everything in the post. i didn't have the time to do it earlier, anyway. so i didn't. my response was "quick & dirty," but it was also true, which is what matters most to me. my intention was to discredit it, which was faster and easier than responding to YOU right now. i don't see anything wrong AT ALL with discrediting what was written above.

you say that i don't like to be slated, but that depends on your meaning. i don't like my character to be attacked based on misjudgments about either who i am or what MY intentions are. pretty much all other criticism is welcome. i enjoy and appreciate topical debate and criticism. i value knowledge and accuracy FAR MORE than sensitivity and politeness. i even enjoyed my disputes with YOU in the past. you made some well-reasoned arguments that i very much appreciated. still, i'm just not wired how you are. and i've said this all before. you've made it clear in the past that you don't like how i communicate. and i'm a lot more quiet around here these days. but i'm still me. so if this is what you've gotta do whenever i say something you don't like, then whatever.

i've never once received so much as a warning from a moderator. ever. and i think that's because i'm not in the habit of attacking people in a personal way, even thought sometimes people feel attacked. i attack people's claims and arguments. the actual people making them are of little relevance to me. i hate to reference Myers-Briggs here, but i'm a quintessential INTP. the essays about that personality type are SCARY-ACCURATE in describing me. it's very different from how you operate, but it's not a defect. i only get warm fuzzies when there's an intellectual meeting of the minds.

now, if i were to go line-by-line through the original post, you would have a problem with that, too. because i wouldn't write it in YOUR voice. i would write it in MINE. and at the time of my comment, i didn't have the time to do it justice anyway. now i do. but i'm not very inclined at this point

in a nutshell, i'm sick of apologizing to you for who i am. i'm really quiet around here because i don't wish to rub people like you the wrong way. but if you insist on watchdogging me anyway (and that's what you do, because you've never once communicated with me otherwise), i must insist on expressing myself more often.

we might be better off putting each other on ignore.

• Like 5

what i posted was a much nicer criticism than what i had written at first. you want me to show discretion; i say that i did. i'm just not you. i don't work the way that you do. and i'm never going to.

btw, you DO that you've never once left a comment engaging with anything i have EVER written here, right? i mean, with the exception of a few back-and-forths about what a jerk i am, you've never once commented on any of my substantive posts. so when you talk about my wealth of experience and "interesting" posts & information, it just reads like polite condescension to me.

yes, it's clear that English is not the OP's native tongue. and have i ever even once criticized an individual for struggling with the language around here? NEVER. and i wouldn't. i apply a little effort, read closely, and do my best to ascertain the intended meaning, just like everybody else.

i didn't want to re-write virtually everything in the post. i didn't have the time to do it earlier, anyway. so i didn't. my response was "quick & dirty," but it was also true, which is what matters most to me. my intention was to discredit it, which was faster and easier than responding to YOU right now. i don't see anything wrong AT ALL with discrediting what was written above.

you say that i don't like to be slated, but that depends on your meaning. i don't like my character to be attacked based on misjudgments about either who i am or what MY intentions are. pretty much all other criticism is welcome. i enjoy and appreciate topical debate and criticism. i value knowledge and accuracy FAR MORE than sensitivity and politeness. i even enjoyed my disputes with YOU in the past. you made some well-reasoned arguments that i very much appreciated. still, i'm just not wired how you are. and i've said this all before. you've made it clear in the past that you don't like how i communicate. and i'm a lot more quiet around here these days. but i'm still me. so if this is what you've gotta do whenever i say something you don't like, then whatever.

i've never once received so much as a warning from a moderator. ever. and i think that's because i'm not in the habit of attacking people in a personal way, even thought sometimes people feel attacked. i attack people's claims and arguments. the actual people making them are of little relevance to me. i hate to reference Myers-Briggs here, but i'm a quintessential INTP. the essays about that personality type are SCARY-ACCURATE in describing me. it's very different from how you operate, but it's not a defect. i only get warm fuzzies when there's an intellectual meeting of the minds.

now, if i were to go line-by-line through the original post, you would have a problem with that, too. because i wouldn't write it in YOUR voice. i would write it in MINE. and at the time of my comment, i didn't have the time to do it justice anyway. now i do. but i'm not very inclined at this point

in a nutshell, i'm sick of apologizing to you for who i am. i'm really quiet around here because i don't wish to rub people like you the wrong way. but if you insist on watchdogging me anyway (and that's what you do, because you've never once communicated with me otherwise), i must insist on expressing myself more often.

we might be better off putting each other on ignore.

How does anything you wrote in this thread contribute to the topic at hand? You are just trolling, and not even pointing out what is wrong with what he said.

Settler,

Thank you for sharing your understanding and experience with us, please ignore the trolls.

:)

• Like 3

You don't seem to have any idea of what is trolling and what is critique.

No, someone didn't have to say anything, you chose to say something that is not at all useful to anyone. When I compare your post and settler's post, there is a stark contrast between the two in regards to "useful", and your post is most definitely not.

Edited by Informer
  • Like 2

Mjjbecker Thanks for the comments. You have proven to be a highly spiritually develop person.

People stay calm, i re-wright that post more then 20 times. It toke me more then 3 hours to right OP. Google translator is not perfect.

Post your observations and i will update the original post when enough material is gathered.

If you don't have time to correct a full post, correct only a little leave something for others to correct also.

We live in the Present, there is no need to look at the Past.

If something is wrong we can go there and correct it. As long as we are living we can still go back and correct things out.

• Like 3

Why should you be treated any more sensitively than those you comment on? 'Quick and dirty', but not if it is in your direction obviously-though I would say I have shown you far more consideration than you showed the OP.

Being polite and considerate is an effort. Those that know me, and those that have seen me post over the years, know I have made considerable efforts to show some consideration, even if I am inclined to be more harsh. I have never called you a 'jerk' and I have never torn into you, as you seem to think. I have simply stated facts regarding what you have posted.

I don't follow around posters going 'yey, high five dude!' Get over it. You have never seen me hit the '+' button either for posts-yet I have, and for some of yours also.

To be frank, you are hiding behind excuses. You are neither stupid nor inarticulate. You have experience and seen something of the world. Given this, it is your choice how you choose to interact with people. You choose to be polite or you choose to be rude-but you are perfectly capable of that choice.

If you want to 'discredit' something, you address the points raised. If you don't have time, then you wait until you do, or you let it pass. You back up your points with reasoned arguement, otherwise you are doing nothing but heckling.

Using the 'ignore' button is nothing but a cop out. If you get irate over what someone posts, then there is a lesson in that, and a useful one. Plenty have fired shots at me and I have not ever placed anyone on ignore. If I get some feeling of annoyance over what they write, then there is something there for me to learn from. If there is no emotional reaction, then there is some progress being made.

Your past claims of working on your ego are hollow given the evidence of your latest post. Your reaction says it all.

• Like 5

No, I've trained Dayan qigong with a high level teacher and Hundun's first post was very kind.

Appeal to Authority much? Nice Fallacy.

The appeal to authority may take several forms. As a statistical syllogism, it will have the following basic structure:[1]

Most of what authority a has to say on subject matter S is correct.

a says p about S.

Therefore, p is correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

It doesn't seem like you have any idea what you are talking about.

And Hundun. I have years of experience teaching people who do not have English as a first language. It does give me considerable understanding of how difficult it can be for people to get their point across in another language. Living in a foreign country has also give me considerable personal experience of that difficulty. I am fortunate that many people here in China made an effort to understand me, rather than just say I was talking nonsense, even though I was.

• Like 3

Wild Goose Qigong could be just one more style out there, between hundreds of styles. But it isn't. There are only a few known styles that can train a person to heal others. Among them there is Reiki, which is hilarious how people appropriates other styles and categories and believe they invented it. Reiki as only 80 years old and is master stole the concept from Qigong. None the less we must give credit to Reiki because they are improving the healing part of Qigong. Which is not that well developed by the martial arts which focus on power and self health. Reiki should be appropriated called Reiki Qigong, because it is a style of something that already existed. Like "Baguazhang Liu Jingru cheng style", He didn't created something new, Bagua and Cheng already existed before him, he only give its flavor.

Wild Goose Qigong could just be one more style out there, between hundreds of styles, but it isn't. There are only a few known styles that can train a person to heal others. Among them there is Reiki. Reiki is only 80 years old and its master derived the concept from Qigong. None the less I must give credit to Reiki because they are improving the healing part of Qigong. Healing others is not that well developed by the martial arts which focus on power and self health. Reiki should be appropriately called Reiki Qigong, because it is a style of something that previously existed. Like "Baguazhang Liu Jingru cheng style", He didn't create something completely new. Just as Bagua existed before Cheng, he only gave it his own flavor.

I'm not into English that much, but it is a start :) Click the icon with 3 pictures and paste the url to the video in there to show the video. (Ctrl+C = copy highlighted text, Ctrl+P = Paste copied text.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnLV3YPUTS4

Edited by Informer

Appeal to Authority much? Nice Fallacy.

The appeal to authority may take several forms. As a statistical syllogism, it will have the following basic structure:[1]

Most of what authority a has to say on subject matter S is correct.

a says p about S.

Therefore, p is correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

It doesn't seem like you have any idea what you are talking about.

Of course I don't, I did not even read a magazine and watch a video to master the form like the OP, I don't know anything about it and haven't mastered anything as I am a poor to mediocre practitioner. I barely know enough to know the OP was off the hook, but it was.

No, I've trained Dayan qigong with a high level teacher and Hundun's first post was very kind.

And I have trained with lineage masters of different martial arts and neigong systems. That is neither here nor there.

It is obvious that the OP is not a native English speaker. That is the first significant point.

The second one is, that Hundun's word of authority is not the final word, and like anyone else here, he should back up his assertions with reasoned arguement.

The third one is that Hundun is quick to react if he so much as perceives some criticism from me, but considers it perfectly fine that he can be 'quick and dirty' with others. It is not the first time and it is hypocritical.

Hundun feels I am singling him out here for criticism, but why should he care? If he and his approach are perfectly justifiable, as he argues, then why such the emotional reaction from him each time when they are questioned?

For the record, I like that he posts here. I like reading what he has to say. I think he has valuable and interesting experience. I also think he is quick to harshly criticise others, but very sensitive to any perceived criticism of himself. It is however a public forum, so he, like anyone else, can expect people to write things he doesn't like. It is part of the experience.

• Like 3

Settler, there is a old book by Yang Meijun that is still available.

http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Goose-Qigong-Yang-Meijun/dp/7504601276

Mostly pics and verbal description of how to do the first two forms, which you'd almost have to watch the videos to learn how to do it too, since this book not translated by a native English speaker. A couple chapters of background, precautions, a few case studies of how people were helped by the form. Probably not as much explanation as you would like, but I don't feel it is such a good idea to make up your own explanation and present it as authoritative.

Some good charts of meridians and acupuncture points in the back of the book.

I think that language will always be problematic in online forums, not only for those who's first language is not that of the forum, but for native speaker/writers as well. One thing that I find can be helpful is to try to remember to preface my written statements by adding qualifiers such as "in my opinion", "in my experience", or "based on what I read in ____". Then it (hopefully) doesn't seem like I'm issuing pronouncements of absolute facts (at least if I'm not stating absolute facts)...In these realms that we love, so much is based on subjective experience, so saying as much should lead to greater clarity and congruence in communications (in my opinion, lol!).

• Like 2

I understood the OP easily, and felt like Hundun and Seth's posts were fine, and totally justified.

However, the P.C. police derailing the thread (if there was one to begin with) by focusing on attacking the character of others is not fine or justified, and is the least enjoyable part of this great forum. Why does it happen so often here? Focus on the points made not on the person!

What if Mantis constantly berated Tigress for being too fierce? Or if Oogway told Po that he was too much like a panda by being hungry. Kung Fu Panda would have be boring as fuck, and the great lessons contained within would have been lost. Let people be who they are. We're just a bunch of crazy characters here. Hundun likes to call it like it is...cool with me. It's good to be accepting of others. Lowers your blood pressure. ;)

Edit: obviously I'm working on my ability to be cool with the P.C. police. Forgive me. :mellow:

Edited by Scotty
  • Like 3

Agreed that Hundun displays an unfortunate lack of kindness, generosity, and maturity (both in posts and pms), not to mention being (quickly) judgmental. Hundun, while you are fond of pointing out your honesty, honesty is not the highest of virtues. Dig deeper.

• Like 2

Wild Goose Qigong could be just one more style out there, between hundreds of styles. But it ins't. There are only a few known styles that can train a person to heal others.

Fact

Among them there is Reiki, which is hilarious how people appropriates other styles and categories and believe they invented it. Reiki as only 80 years old and is master stole the concept from Qigong. None the less we must give credit to Reiki because they are improving the healing part of Qigong. Which is not that well develop by the martial arts which care only on power and self health. Raiki should be appropriated called Reiki Qigong, because is a style of something that already existed.

Never done Reiki, so I can't comment on this, except to say I would not say Reiki should be called a form of qigong-because it is Japanese and not Chinese. If it were Chinese, then it could be categorised as a form of qigong. I have seem similar Chinese methods characterised as qigong by the Chinese-Daoist 'magic' being an example.

Wild goose trains you to project Qi width your hands, in order for you to heal others.

Fact

The training opens your hand Chankras...

Fact, though the following point about boiling water would apply to someone at a high level.

Wild Goose train was secret, it was only released to public in 1980 by Yang Mei-Jung. She almost die buried alive by the Japanese army and she thought, well I'm the only linage holder of this form, if i die all this knowledge goes with me. So she neglected her master who was also her father, and teach the form to open public. She was a renewed healer up to recent times.

Fact, though that should be 'revered', not 'renewed'.

Giving forms away and not explaining is not that good. Lets say you open your hands chackras and can now project energy like master Jo. How do you regains this energy? Is wasteful energy or most be used with caution? She didn't give any clues on how this stuff works.

She publish the form Wild Goose I in Qimagine in 92, it explain very well on how to perform it, but not at any point she explains. Like having a firearm in stone age. Its great, but you don't know how it relay works, and what cautions you should have.

It has been said only a small part of the whole Kunlun method Yang Meijun knew was taught to the public, so if these reports are true, then this is also factual. The OP is of the opinion that Yang did not provide enough detail, and practicing qigong without knowing the detail can be dangerous. What is wrong with that statement?

Her son, called Chen, performs WG at youtube:
. If you read the instructions. watch him perform and repeat the video hundreds of times, you can master it like i did. Or you can find a master.

Its not that hard to reach it, i did in 3 years, after this period i could no longer do Yin training. Because i was losing so much energy in just one run of Wild Goose that i have stop training. Now i just practice physical training like: Bagua, Tai Chi or Xing Yi Quan.

Personal opinion, based on the OP's experience. The OP is entitled to that, and people are entitled to question it. It doesn't make it 'wrong'.

Wild Goose get you straight to felling Qi. The filling is also associated with manipulation. Once you start filling up to high levels you can send it more easily to any part of the body. You can't manipulate something that you don't fill. Sure, in the books they say, send energy to this place or that, or control your sexual energy. If you focus, I'm sure some energy will be send. But once you start filling, you can send great amounts of Qi, and even observe the phenomena more easily inside the body. You can manipulated it, because you develop that felling which allows you to.

Some one asked "I don't understand Qi manipulation", hope that explains it.

The practice allows you to feel qi and manipulate it, and at higher levels send it to different parts of the body. With experience you can send out great amounts of qi and observe this within the body. Awareness of the qi allows you to manipulate it. So, tell me, what is so incorrect about that statement, because it looks just fine to me?

Wild Goose form I serves to opens the hand Chankras. Wild Goose form II is to learn how to fell Qi, in a very natural way that no one can understand it unless by practicing.

The first form opens the chakras and the second form teaches you how to feel the qi. It is done naturally and it has to be practiced in order to understand this. Again, what is the problem with this statement?

TBC...

• Like 2

Wild Goose Qigong could be just one more style out there, between hundreds of styles. But it ins't. There are only a few known styles that can train a person to heal others.

Wrong there are many styles that train one to heal others...

Among them there is Reiki, which is hilarious how people appropriates other styles and categories and believe they invented it. Reiki as only 80 years old and is master stole the concept from Qigong.

Sorry but this is just wrong as well. Many cultures have Reiki like hands on healing practices. For instance I have seen the Aboriginals here in Australia putting their hands on another's body and closing their eyes, and channelling energy to the patient. They called it walla something or other...

Anyway back to Reiki, There is a Docco I have seen {a long time ago since I spent time thinking about Reiki} somewhere that does quite a bit of detective work. With the traditional Reiki practitioners still In Japan, It shows some of the differences in how they learned from Usui and the story they learned is very different, from the story that Hawai Takata made up when she left Japan. There is no mountain fast or revelation. Nor does Usui heal a whole village in some 'Christ like' fashion.

There is just a series a successions from the Shinto temple it came from. The docco crew went to the temple, and filmed it, including the Reiki symbols carved into the walls in a few places...

A side note, the practitioners there practice a lot of Hara meditation along with their Reiki.

I myself am not bothered by Settlers language obstacles. I am bothered by his stream of assumptions that get presented as absolute 'Fact' that run through his various posts.

He walks very dangerous ground. When he is inspired by a new idea, he doesn't test it, instead he reaches for any thread he can find to 'prove' it... And then presents it as Truth.

This worries me. These people end up teaching dodgy stuff, or become cult leaders.

It can also Indicate a fear of being wrong/need to be right that will have negative ramifications on the relationships in the bearers life.

I am all for people exploring new Ideas, but in doing so, [in my opinion] one should be very careful not to present some new Idea as absolute Fact, before researching it carefully.

For Instance, In one thread settler claims that the Heart Sutra is all about the Heart chakra, which it is not.

Now it is easy to see that that would be an easy mistake to make, as the word Heart is in both. I can forgive this error, but he makes it in context of drawing it in to bolster his other crazy theory's that this kind of Taiji should be practised with that kind of Bagua, because it is all about Yin/Yang and the heart is the middle of yin/yang which is proved by the heart sutra...

This kind of thinking [drawing 'facts' from anywhere in a desperate attempt to be right] needs to be shot down. The sting will make him more intellectually cautious...

Lol, a bit off topic but I saw a david Icke talk, where every possible coincidence was used as absolute proof, to back up his theory's [staple thinking for conspiracy heads] and he topped it all with saying that the fact the queen doesn't sue him for saying she 'IS' a reptilian in 'proof' that she is a reptilian! :o

• Like 3

Wrong there are many styles that train one to heal others...

Sorry but this is just wrong as well. Many cultures have Reiki like hands on healing practices. For instance I have seen the Aboriginals here in Australia putting their hands on another's body and closing their eyes, and channelling energy to the patient. They called it walla something or other...

That is hardly "many" and it pales in comparison and contrast to the vast amount that don't actually teach it to the public. Even rarer still are the ones that give it as freely as it was aquired.

Edited by Informer