konchog uma

lower dantian theory by Damo Mitchell

It's a far less perilous approach to err on the side of Yin, and to use Yang sparingly when it's most effective.

the challenge is, to know thyself well enough to know which method will produce the most efficacious results, when :)

+1

Really like that description.

Helpful, too. :D

yeah that is an effective technique Trunk! glad it helped you :) You can do it with the MDT with light green light, and a light blue light for the UDT. It works better for me with light that resonates with the center of the body (those chakra colors still work for the dan tians, i know its sorta mixing and matching but...) and also with the white light, so i use a lighter color that the orange, green, and indigo that go with those areas of the body.

I keep meaning to start a kuan yin magnetic qigong thread cause your descriptions of your experience with that inspired me to buy the DVD. So thanks! Maybe i will go do that now...

yeah that is an effective technique Trunk! glad it helped you smile.gif You can do it with the MDT with light green light, and a light blue light for the UDT. It works better for me with light that resonates with the center of the body (those chakra colors still work for the dan tians, i know its sorta mixing and matching but...) and also with the white light, so i use a lighter color that the orange, green, and indigo that go with those areas of the body.

I keep meaning to start a kuan yin magnetic qigong thread cause your descriptions of your experience with that inspired me to buy the DVD. So thanks! Maybe i will go do that now...

tan tien lighting up techniques deserve a bump :D

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 2

A similar thought occurred to me when studying black holes, the first ones theorized were of a non rotating character, which seemed absolutely absurd to me. Everything moves or rotates in some fashion or another, stasis is most unnatural and...rather devoid of life, it seems. I think if were talking Ian terms of flux density then that is another matter, but it is absolutely not a static thing. Conditioning the vessel for enhanced bandwitth so to speak is entirely different than trying to cram a ton of clothes into a suitcase, heh.

...snip

Conditioning the vessel for enhanced bandwidth...

Such a beautiful analogy, I love this!

• Like 2

As the Qi is created within the lower Dan Tien it is directed into the meridian system and so helps to nourish the energy body. For this reason we can say that the lower Dan Tien is like a gateway which enables us to access the energy system. It is for this reason that in the earliest stages of Nei Gong training we spend a lot of time focusing our mind on the lower Dan Tien; this helps to generate more Qi as well as tune the mind in to the frequency of the meridians system. Problems arise if this process is carried on for too long; if we focus on the lower Dan Tien for too many years past this process being complete we will begin to alter the natural state of the mind and so develop an excessive preoccupation with the energy body. We will then become trapped by the movement of our emotions and so begin to develop what the ancient Daoist named 'dragon sickness' or 'Qi Gong sickness.' --Daoist Nei Gong, page 45

• Like 1

As the Qi is created within the lower Dan Tien it is directed into the meridian system and so helps to nourish the energy body. For this reason we can say that the lower Dan Tien is like a gateway which enables us to access the energy system. It is for this reason that in the earliest stages of Nei Gong training we spend a lot of time focusing our mind on the lower Dan Tien; this helps to generate more Qi as well as tune the mind in to the frequency of the meridians system. Problems arise if this process is carried on for too long; if we focus on the lower Dan Tien for too many years past this process being complete we will begin to alter the natural state of the mind and so develop an excessive preoccupation with the energy body. We will then become trapped by the movement of our emotions and so begin to develop what the ancient Daoist named 'dragon sickness' or 'Qi Gong sickness.' --Daoist Nei Gong, page 45

I need you here lol:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/33498-mo-pai-gary-clyman-i-amtyler-durdens-penetrating-vessel/#entry517896

Once again it reassures me: Better read the original Chinese Taoist writings;

Why?

It is same as if you want to know the essence of Modern Physics, you don't read a Chinese secondary school Physics teacher's writings published in China, no matter how talented he is, you read Bohr's or Feynman's...

• Like 3