Sign in to follow this  
Stigweard

Why Taoism can change the world

The closing ceremony of the international Taoism forum and a prayer meeting for world harmony concluded at Hengshan Mountain of Hunan province on Oct. 25. The forum has made the "Nanyue Declaration," which states that "being simple and sincere can help people to secure a peaceful mind, and following the laws of nature will ensure sustainable development," "respecting public lives will generate common prosperity" and "striving to promote harmony between heaven and mankind as well as world peace."

Read more on Why Taoism can change the world

Without openness and sincerity there is no solution. Following and fulfilling nature is the fruition of destiny without end.

This changed my world!❤

Can Taoism change the world...??? LaoTze tried. It only worked for a short while in the Han Dynasty. Unfortunately, it cannot even change a country. Can it change the whole wide world....???!!!

Can Taoism change the world...??? LaoTze tried. It only worked for a short while in the Han Dynasty. Unfortunately, it cannot even change a country. Can it change the whole wide world....???!!!

Do you think you can take over the universe and improve it?

I do not believe it can be done.

The universe is sacred.

You cannot improve it.

If you try to change it, you will ruin it.

If you try to hold it, you will lose it.

• Like 1

hhahahhahahhahahha!!❤

I believe your efforts need redoubling or perhaps abandoning, Chi. You could actually begin to follow the tao instead of regurgitating it.

A truly lamentable and ironic display of the shortcomings of intellect, sir.❤

(ed note: removed what was too sassy for words, heehee!!)

Edited by deci belle

hhahahhahahhahahha!!❤

I believe your efforts need redoubling or perhaps abandoning, Chi. You could actually begin to follow the tao instead of regurgitating it.

A truly lamentable and ironic display of the shortcomings of intellect, sir.❤

(ed note: removed what was too sassy for words, heehee!!)

Does the world-changing taoism you propose include passive-aggressive belittling followed by a heart?

• Like 3

I don't know that someone should try to change the world. Man today is a person living in a sea of billions. Instead of trying to hold onto and shift towards the impossible wouldn't it be better to just focus on what you currently have and move outward from there naturally? I think it's probably just better to become secure in yourself and good natured towards those around you. Nobody can help everyone and nothing is totally complete in the world of man as we are eternally imperfect. Big ideas of changing everything are just idealistic reflections of a perfect solution for an imperfect people. Just do you and do you well enough to the point where others are impacted by your positive actions and focus on that. If enough people did this we probably would "change the world" though nobody would realize it until years after the impact had been felt.

Sign in to follow this