taowanderer

So What does Tao say about attachment/desire

My guess is that the Sage, understanding perfectly the concept of wu-wei, would allow all things to come to him. He would only act when the situation called for action, at the proper moment. His timing would be flawless, waiting for the opportunity.

I think the Sage more often than not 'lets things happen'. when it's done in this perspective the 10,000 things are easily viewable for what they are. This can be modified with desire in the equation too; only a Sage would set his Intent on a result and then wait for the opportunity to align before acting.

It's a dynamic that must be realized in all traditions, I believe. It's fully trusting in the overall upward dynamic of spirit. What's to crave, if you relax into life? Money is just stuck energy. Hoarding it might be pointless. Finding the 'perfect' mate can't be done until we ourselves are 'perfect'. Anything less than that (which we all are) will always involve our heart jumping at another who fulfills us in some way. However, the fulfillment is actually artificial, because it's mere existence is evidence that we are not 'filled' to the brim with the Oneness of all life. Perfect love, I believe, is that between our hearts, our minds, and the One. The One is found at the end of all paths that involve an inner journey.