Seth Ananda

Apocalypse Culture

Nice Link Clarity

In my opinion if any of the chinese philosophers who wrote the i-ching, the mayans who made the calander, the priests who maped astrological signs and the sages who transcribed the vedas have an accurate grasp of the flow of time then their math should correspond with each other. After all how could time flow differently in china, india, europe and south america, assuming that they are all in the same universe using the same stars.

I have actually seen some mathematical evidence that this theory holds true from terrence mckenna, though he doesnt get into the vedas very much. His research shows correspondences with history the iching and the mayan calender.

Nice Link Clarity

In my opinion if any of the chinese philosophers who wrote the i-ching, the mayans who made the calander, the priests who maped astrological signs and the sages who transcribed the vedas have an accurate grasp of the flow of time then their math should correspond with each other. After all how could time flow differently in china, india, europe and south america, assuming that they are all in the same universe using the same stars.

I have actually seen some mathematical evidence that this theory holds true from terrence mckenna, though he doesnt get into the vedas very much. His research shows correspondences with history the iching and the mayan calender.

Well the question I have then, is are you waiting for 'time' itself to just fix everything up?

Hopefully not... :)

Well the question I have then, is are you waiting for 'time' itself to just fix everything up?

Hopefully not... :)

If the cycles of time and celestial energies were to present us with a new phase of the cycle, then our place in that new phase would be something we can either choose consciously or unconsciously.

If we continue using all of our rescources, polluting our environment and acting like spoiled children then we may go the same way as the dinosaurs.

If we forget our individual ignorant bs, and work together to save our earth and our fellow humans then we may have a chance o enter into some new stage of evolution. If we bring consciousness into the evolutionary process then we can become beings capable of auto-evolution. This would be the equivalent of lucid dreaming on an evolutionary scale.

I agree with you entirely, if you are suggesting that we need to find our centers and succeed in this.

I also think that a phase change could might act like a catylist in our in our evolution.

Its still up to us to choose our path. After all, thats the point.

Edited by phore

If we continue using all of our rescources, polluting our environment and acting like spoiled children then we may go the same way as the dinosaurs.

There aren't anywhere near enough people interested in changing their lifestyles to stop pollution and environmental destruction, at least not within any kind of close timeframe.

I'm of the opinion that we're still decades away from a mass societal change like that.

Barring a cataclysm, of course. ;)

There aren't anywhere near enough people interested in changing their lifestyles to stop pollution and environmental destruction, at least not within any kind of close timeframe.

I'm of the opinion that we're still decades away from a mass societal change like that.

Yes, and I believe that a very large part of this is because so many are waiting for all these magical Fixes.

I have had Christians tell me that nothing matters as Jesus is just around the corner.

I have heard Newagers say Global warming is just a planetary cycle {only} and that the Ascension is coming with the Photon Belt, and we will be all swept up into the light/5th dimension....

Some scientifically minded are still waiting for a Tech Utopia to sweep all the problems under the rug.

All these seem to me to be deadly Beliefs at this time on earth. It creates a mental fog that doesn't allow one to see reality as it is...

How many people just 'Trust' that the Divine will work something out, Instead of actually doing something?

At least I followed up in my "something's up" thread and said I was full of baloney, even posting a pic of the hat I would be eating. :lol:

Yes, and I believe that a very large part of this is because so many are waiting for all these magical Fixes.

I have had Christians tell me that nothing matters as Jesus is just around the corner.

I have heard Newagers say Global warming is just a planetary cycle {only} and that the Ascension is coming with the Photon Belt, and we will be all swept up into the light/5th dimension....

Some scientifically minded are still waiting for a Tech Utopia to sweep all the problems under the rug.

All these seem to me to be deadly Beliefs at this time on earth. It creates a mental fog that doesn't allow one to see reality as it is...

How many people just 'Trust' that the Divine will work something out, Instead of actually doing something?

I agree. I don't think most people want the responsibility, or they feel that their individual contributions won't make a difference either way. And of course there are many who are just plain apathetic.

In any case, what can you do? My opinion: be an example, and hope you inspire others to find their personal power.

There is a Shaman I saw an interview with that says that he has learned that us humans taking all the minerals, gas and oil from the earth is exactly what the earth needs at this moment and if we stopped doing that then there would be a disaster, so in a sense we are doing what we should be doing. No doubt we are doing a lot of stuff we shouldn't be doing as well and we need to regain respect for the earth but maybe it's not as bad as some people make out.

There is a Shaman I saw an interview with that says that he has learned that us humans taking all the minerals, gas and oil from the earth is exactly what the earth needs at this moment and if we stopped doing that then there would be a disaster, so in a sense we are doing what we should be doing. No doubt we are doing a lot of stuff we shouldn't be doing as well and we need to regain respect for the earth but maybe it's not as bad as some people make out.

Fascinating! Sort of like a detox process for the planet?

The only problem I have with that is the byproducts of our use of these gases, minerals, and oils generally tends to have a deleterious effect to life - like the giant plastic island floating in the ocean, acid rain, etc... And there's deforestation and all that.

Still, though...a very interesting point of view. Do you remember who the Shaman was?

Nice Link Clarity

That's quite a few ideas about time Phore.

Calendar creation IMO is less about actual time than binding time. Other time-binding happens with the establishment of time-zones. The classic example is China, with just one for the entire country, or how about DST? The railroads required standard time to run. Why does a Monday come loaded with emotions for many?

It's possible that the various cultures had a uniform understanding of the "same" universe but chose different ways of explaining it for other reasons. My thoughts are that if you're going to time-bind, make it so flexible and with as much reference to actual verifiable events and phenomenae as to be considered as "natural" as possible.

I realise that sounds negative, but it needn't be:-)

Fascinating! Sort of like a detox process for the planet?

The only problem I have with that is the byproducts of our use of these gases, minerals, and oils generally tends to have a deleterious effect to life - like the giant plastic island floating in the ocean, acid rain, etc... And there's deforestation and all that.

Still, though...a very interesting point of view. Do you remember who the Shaman was?

The Shaman is called Ron Wheelock in a documentary about ayahuasca. I'm not sure about the plastics and chemicals in the oceans I don't see a lot of good coming from that, but he said something about helping to relieve the pressure in the earth by removing a lot of the gas and minerals. It was an interesting perspective and made me think about how all those substances in the earth are forms of energy and for things to stay alive you need to constantly transform energy into different forms or it goes stagnant, like stagnant Qi in the body, so maybe we are helping the continued life of the planet by digging up and transforming a lot of its substances. Although it's not a common view with Shaman, the Kogi people say we are just irresponsibly destroying everything.

Well I'm certainly concerned about economics. Enough to start hedging and put some effort into skills that i hope will be useful in an economic crisis. It certainly feels as if the shoe is about to be on the other foot. Also disturbing to realise how much money has enabled me to escape actual exchange (those take quite a lot more effort) and involve the messiness of human relationships and conflicts and all the other things I've been able to swipe away with a swoosh of a plastic card or the drop of a coin.