Hi TI :)

Thanks for the links TI but I was given shaktipat with a mantra about 25 years ago.

Edited by gatito

Hi TI :)

Thanks for the links TI but I was given shaktipat with a mantra about 25 years ago.

Hi Gatito, :)

I wasn't suggesting that you get shaktipat, I was indicating that the only way to get that 'extra long Bhuta Shuddi' was to get shaktipat from Sri Anandi Ma.

From whom did you recieve shaktipat? Was the mantra you were given very long and difficult?

:)

TI

PS> My new mantra is "Settle the mind, without distraction and without grasping".

I enjoyed reading this thread and learning more about mantras. I have used them on and off for years, particularly favouring Om mani padme hum and om namah shivaya. I recently felt compelled to start doing the Gayatri mantra. It took me a while to get the pronunciation right (or as right as I can get it) and to be able to do it without looking at the text, but I soon settled into it and I'm amazed at how powerful it is. I can't put it into words, but it really has an incredibly cleansing, clearing, balancing and harmonising effect. I absolutely love it.

I enjoyed reading this thread and learning more about mantras. I have used them on and off for years, particularly favouring Om mani padme hum and om namah shivaya. I recently felt compelled to start doing the Gayatri mantra. It took me a while to get the pronunciation right (or as right as I can get it) and to be able to do it without looking at the text, but I soon settled into it and I'm amazed at how powerful it is. I can't put it into words, but it really has an incredibly cleansing, clearing, balancing and harmonising effect. I absolutely love it.

You might want to look into doing the Gayatri mudras with it as well. Here are two different versions...

Neat thanks for sharing Turtle Shell. It's something I might consider when I get more proficient, although I rather like using my mala beads I have to say :)