Sign in to follow this  
Vmarco

Wisdom

Non-action is useful for maintaining the status-quo, but taking action is useful for making progress in society.

I must assume you do no qigong practice or energy work then. Or else you have no concept of no-action... well known among among almost all on this site as "Wu Wei". If it needs to be explained then it's not needed.

Maybe your just into forcing action according to will. I am not sure how to understand your point... but I can guess.

I must assume you do no qigong practice or energy work then. Or else you have no concept of no-action... well known among among almost all on this site as "Wu Wei". If it needs to be explained then it's not needed.

I do quite a bit of energy work...don't see why you're assuming anything.

The non-action we're talking about here has nothing to do with wu-wei. It simply has to do with not offending others.

Maybe your just into forcing action according to will. I am not sure how to understand your point... but I can guess.

I use the will to act, yes. Not forcing unless it's something I really wish to achieve.

True, there is somewhat of a difference between the two.

My personal view is that "do unto others" includes the "do not impose" aspect

Do you mean like "sending" love or prayers without permission?

v

I do quite a bit of energy work...don't see why you're assuming anything.

The non-action we're talking about here has nothing to do with wu-wei. It simply has to do with not offending others.

I use the will to act, yes. Not forcing unless it's something I really wish to achieve.

Apparently I used a term but you assumed some social connotation while I have a Laozi concept of Wuwei... We are entitled to our different applications without assumptions but seems you did not ask me to explain my first use but went on with an assumption of your use. NO problem... act on.

No, I mean that "do unto others what you would have them do unto you" can also mean "do not impose on others in ways that you do not wish for yourself".

Apparently I used a term but you assumed some social connotation while I have a Laozi concept of Wuwei

"Do not impose on others what you do not wish for yourself" is referring to wu wei? How so?

I believe more and more each day that true wisdom does not involve thinking, but experiencing the world as it is and understand what it isn't.

Thoughts arise, but where do they arise from? Emotions arise, but where do they arise from? If we cannot answer these questions, then what worth is the wisdom that arises from them, it is like saying that gold has value, without knowing what it can be used for.

Aaron

I believe more and more each day that true wisdom does not involve thinking, but experiencing the world as it is and understand what it isn't.

Thoughts arise, but where do they arise from? Emotions arise, but where do they arise from? If we cannot answer these questions, then what worth is the wisdom that arises from them, it is like saying that gold has value, without knowing what it can be used for.

The point that Scotty has made is that what you're pointing to cannot be wisdom, because wisdom is defined as something that arises from knowledge,...the grey-goo that Object-ivists, Empiricists, and Religionists worship. So, I'm pondering on dropping the (now useless, impotent) word wisdom, and replace it with a new word that points to prajna or higher consciousness.

What Scotty pointed out is that to use the term wisdom to discuss something it cannot be, is confusing to those who use dictionary definitions in expressing ideas. Thus for me,...wisdom must be relegated to the heap of negative words, like hope, fear, belief that disconnect us from our Authentic Self's.

V

"Do not impose on others what you do not wish for yourself" is referring to wu wei? How so?

If I had to explain it... then I need to explain "do not...." which is Wu Wei... which is a form of doing naturally.

The point that Scotty has made is that what you're pointing to cannot be wisdom, because wisdom is defined as something that arises from knowledge,...the grey-goo that Object-ivists, Empiricists, and Religionists worship. So, I'm pondering on dropping the (now useless, impotent) word wisdom, and replace it with a new word that points to prajna or higher consciousness.

What Scotty pointed out is that to use the term wisdom to discuss something it cannot be, is confusing to those who use dictionary definitions in expressing ideas. Thus for me,...wisdom must be relegated to the heap of negative words, like hope, fear, belief that disconnect us from our Authentic Self's.

V

That's funny that you say this, because right now I feel a bit of hope in regards to my personal journey. Funny how it took a conversation on light to cause me to return to something I had abandoned and upon finding it again, finding so much more than I did before. Perhaps it is hope in finding more than what I thought I had found.

My face before I was born was nothing before, but I sense now that my face was much more than that, and in finding this I have hope that I may unravel that which was tied so tightly before. It is like the knots are loosening, but the more I grasp at it, the tighter it becomes, it is only when I reach out gently that it loosens and I find myself wrapped up, not in twine, but raw energy, emotions. It is an amazing thing, yet it is hard sometimes to see it as such, since it seems like I am looking at it through a window. Perhaps my hope is that by unraveling the knots the window will become loosened and I can finally open that window, reach out and feel all of this rather than just observe it and sense the rumbling through the other side.

Aaron

Sign in to follow this